Benefit to booking Harbour Lights ahead?

bmetz34

I'm pretty sure we'll (me and 4yo) will do Harbour Lights in Barbados. Is there any benefit to booking ahead as opposed to just taking a taxi there and paying as we go? The only thing I can think is maybe getting a better lounge chair. I'd like front row if possible bc kiddo will be in the water the whole time and it'll be easier to sit and watch her. Thinking of booking one chair/umbrella/ turtle combo and one turtle only, since we only need one chair for the 2 of us. I'm seeing taxi is $5 per person each way. Anything else I should account for for a relaxing day at the beach? Also, we are the only cruise ship in port that day (end of May), think it'll be crowded?

I'm pretty sure we'll (me and 4yo) will do Harbour Lights in Barbados. Is there any benefit to booking ahead as opposed to just taking a taxi there and paying as we go? The only thing I can think is maybe getting a better lounge chair. I'd like front row if possible bc kiddo will be in the water the whole time and it'll be easier to sit and watch her. Thinking of booking one chair/umbrella/ turtle combo and one turtle only, since we only need one chair for the 2 of us. I'm seeing taxi is $5 per person each way. Anything else I should account for for a relaxing day at the beach? Also, we are the only cruise ship in port that day (end of May), think it'll be crowded?

We went there last week. We didn't pre book just took a taxi,off the ship. The beach was beautiful. Bring some $$ for food and drinks.

The taxi area was a bit chaotic but taxi took about 11 of us right to the beach and we arranged a time for him to come back for us. $5 each way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went there last week. We didn't pre book just took a taxi,off the ship. The beach was beautiful. Bring some $$ for food and drinks.

The taxi area was a bit chaotic but taxi took about 11 of us right to the beach and we arranged a time for him to come back for us. $5 each way.

Thanks! How many ships were in port and was it busy? We’re there chairs in the front row still open? Did you do snorkeling or any other tours from the beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! How many ships were in port and was it busy? We’re there chairs in the front row still open? Did you do snorkeling or any other tours from the beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We weren't quick getting off the boat probably got there about 10am- we were in the first row of second section. Front section was full. They added extra chairs as needed throughout the morning. We left about 1:30pm. There were 2 ships in port that day. We were on the Jewel.

We did not snorkel but plenty of people did. The water was wonderful sand was soft and not hot.