Snorkel with Turtle excursion - Stiletto Catamaran Vs. Thriller Speedboat

jillmmax

I will be with a group of 9 docking with RC Jewel of the Seas on 3/30/18. Our group includes 4 kids (ages 8-14) who have never snorkeled. We have it narrowed down between the Thriller speedboat (3 hr) tour or the Stiletto (Action Charter) catamaran lunch cruise.

Prices are almost the same (although the cat cruise includes lunch), but Thriller speedboats max out at 14 people vs. Stiletto which I think is 26.

Both tours have great reviews, but I'd love more feedback - I'd especially be interested to know if Stiletto typically fills up. If not, I'd probably lean toward that one. We are the only ship in port that day (3/30/18)

• 3 months later...

We did end up going with Stiletto and they were great! There were about 20 people on the boat but it didn’t feel too crowded. We saw turtles (babies too :) - and they kept good track of us in the water. I’m glad we didn’t pay much more to go on a smaller boat bc they all seem to stop in the same places at the same time - so everyone is together in the water. We did the tour that included lunch- which I would highly recommend! Lunch was great and we had some relaxing time to swim off of the boat.

I did see some bigger boats that definitely fit that description- but Stiletto was much more chill- the exception of one lady who we did our best to avoid ; ). Have fun! I’m jealous..swimming with those turtles was just the best !

I’m not sure where I found the website link, but below is their response to my email inquiry (it includes their email address). They did get back to me very quickly. Hope this helps!

Thriller Ocean Tours <
>

Subject:
Re: March 30th - Thriller Tour Inquiry

Hi,

Thanks for expressing interest in our Thriller Turtle and Shipwreck Snorkeling Adventure.

We can accommodate your family of 9 no problem on March30th 12 noon tour & we pick up outside the port at 11.30am.

Tour description.

Our 3.5 hour Snorkeling Adventure takes you n a fast comfortable powerboat ride to 3 different snorkeling stops.

Sea Turtles

Coral reef

Sunken Shipwrecks

Plus a beach stop at one of Barbados most beautiful beaches.

Quality snorkeling gear provided.

All drinks included beer, rum punch, sodas, and a snack.

Transportation pick up & return to port provided

Tour price $80US per adult & children 12 & under $50US.

If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate contacting us.

Look forward to hearing from you on what you decide so that we may reserve your snorkeling adventure.

Best regards,

Stephen Tryhane