Booking shows and dinners help needed ASAP Please

ctkathchick

I'm new to NCL so I am pretty clueless as to how to get all my dinners and shows set up before going and to make it twice as much fun one of my friends is coming and her reservation is not attatched to my reservation so how in the world do we set up dinner and shows? Plus she does not have the dinner package for specialty meals as we do. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. We are sailing on the Escape on 3/17 2018 lol

Show and dinner reservations open 90 days before cruise on your MyNCL account. Prime time seating may sell out quickly. Nclnholds tables for onboard bookings. Cagneys steak house and Teppanyaki are the most popular and will sell out drying prime time quickly.

You can book a table for you and your friends. The system just asks for the size of your group. Their reservations do not have to be linked.

You'll want to log in to your NCL account on NCL.com. From there you'll be able to view your current cruise vacations. Select "View Reservation" where you'll then see a page with Shore Excursions, Dining, Entertainment...etc. Select Dining and begin choosing your restaurant along with Day of reservation choice...etc.

What ever you select as part of your dining package will show as $0.00 for each reservation you make. However, your friend may need to pay in advance for their reservation. If websites aren't your thing, you can call NCL at 1-800-327-7030 for assistance.

Show and dinner reservations open 90 days before cruise on your MyNCL account. Prime time seating may sell out quickly. Nclnholds tables for onboard bookings. Cagneys steak house and Teppanyaki are the most popular and will sell out drying prime time quickly.

You can book a table for you and your friends. The system just asks for the size of your group. Their reservations do not have to be linked.

BirdTravels is correct. Since you have the dining package you can book reservations for you and your friends and no one will have to pay up front. Just be sure to book any restaurants that are not ala carte (ie Teppanyaki) first because if you book more meals than included in your package payment will be required when you book. If you do book a reservation and decide not to use it be sure to cancel at least a day in advance.

Also go to the entertainment link and book a general reservation for either, or both, of the two main shows that you can make reservations for in advance. There is no assigned seating. You make a reservation for the time and day you wish to see the show, and unless there are other openings, you are sort of locked in to that spot. You can only reserve for the number in your cabin, so your friends will also have to do this. Once on board, you can also make reservations for some of the other 'minor' shows.

On the day of your show, just get to the theater at least 10 minutes before the show, as at that time, they release all remaining reservations and allow the people lined up as 'stand by' in, to claim whatever seating is remaining. The earlier you get to the theater, the better seats you can claim. They do have a section roped off for Haven guests, if you are in that category.

Cheers

Len

You'll want to log in to your NCL account on NCL.com. From there you'll be able to view your current cruise vacations. Select "View Reservation" where you'll then see a page with Shore Excursions, Dining, Entertainment...etc. Select Dining and begin choosing your restaurant along with Day of reservation choice...etc.

What ever you select as part of your dining package will show as $0.00 for each reservation you make. However, your friend may need to pay in advance for their reservation. If websites aren't your thing, you can call NCL at 1-800-327-7030 for assistance.

If the OP makes the reservations for them all then nothing will be payable at the time for their friend. The system assumes that, if you have the dining package then so does everyone in the booking.

The friend would have to pay if they made their own bookings, but they don’t want to do that as they may not be sitting together in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booking ahead isn't that hard and you certainly can if you are worried about getting seats.

We have been on the Getaway the last two years, though, prebooked nothing and had no trouble at all booking once we got on the ship. We have booked by going to the Box Office, on the phone, by using the electronic portals found throughout the ship and by just walking up to a restaurant or the theater and either getting a time to come back, or walking right in.

We were traveling with others and just booked for the same time together. We are pretty flexible, don't want to eat early, and had no special preferences as to when and where. Do get to the broadway-type musical early, though, because being close to the stage made a lot of difference.

The 'comedy' was so terrible I don't think I'd ever go again.