Crown & Anchor - Exclusive Nighly Diamond Event...

In January 2019, I will be sailing on the Oasis. This will be my first time on a RCCL ship being a Diamond status. I was looking at the perks and came across this on the Crown & Anchor site:

The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship

Does this mean, since both me and my wife are Diamond, that we will each get 3 free drinks per night? If so, is it for any type of drinks or up to a certain limit ($$)?

Thanks

Perfect! Thank you.

You're welcome. Also not that the drink vouchers are only for outside the Diamond Lounge, and only when they are serving free drinks inside the DL. Inside the DL you get free unlimited drinks during the 3.5 hour nighly cocktail period.

You're welcome. Also not that the drink vouchers are only for outside the Diamond Lounge, and only when they are serving free drinks inside the DL. Inside the DL you get free unlimited drinks during the 3.5 hour nighly cocktail period.

I'm Diamond but my wife is not does she get in the lounge and does she get 3 drinks on her card?

Thanks, Rick &Harriet

I'm Diamond but my wife is not does she get in the lounge and does she get 3 drinks on her card?

Thanks, Rick &Harriet

Call C&A now and have your wife linked to you. As long as you have the same residence address, C&A will link you and your wife will be Diamond.

Thanks, Rick &Harriet

I'm assuming you and your wife share an address. You should contact Crown & Anchor and have your wife's account linked to yours. She would have the same status as you.

Call C&A now and have your wife linked to you. As long as you have the same residence address, C&A will link you and your wife will be Diamond.

Thanks to everyone for the quick reply. Just got off the phone with C&A and they took care of it.

Rick & Harriet

Hi, Are the 3 nightly drinks between 5pm and 8pm on all the ships? We are on the Ovation in March so just wondering if the timings are the same. Many thanks.

The timings have been dependent on the time of early traditional dinner. They usually start one hour before early traditonal dinner and last for 3.5 hours.

• 1 year later...

What do you recon the Allure T/A will do in March for a Nightly Diamond Event Lounge? I'm sure there will be the typical overflow venue assigned to these happy hours but as I have not done the T/A on an Oasis Class I was just wondering???

1 hour ago, umanemo said:

What do you recon the Allure T/A will do in March for a Nightly Diamond Event Lounge? I'm sure there will be the typical overflow venue assigned to these happy hours but as I have not done the T/A on an Oasis Class I was just wondering???

I would think that since the cruise is an unusual itinerary they will make special provisions for the D crowd.

Also in Diamond lounge there are appetizers and some desserts.

If it is not overcrowded it is very nice "nightly event" 🙂

There is a menu, but some deviations are allowed as long as it is not too sophisticated. 😉 

3 hours ago, umanemo said:

We have done three Oasis Class TA'S.  The DL and Dazzles are the normal overflow. Last cruise on Symphony there were so many Pinnacles that Dazzles was for Pinnacles.  DL, Jazz on 4, and the Attic were used for overflow. The three drinks loaded onto the seapass card are for use at all other venues throughout the ship including the showrooms.  No problem getting the drinks in the MDR or Specialty restaurants.  Lucky you, that will be the last cruise with the deck 11 / 12 DL, after that we will be in the deck 4 basement. Happy cruising, we will be on the Allure Nov. TA. 

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Also in Diamond lounge there are appetizers and some desserts.

If it is not overcrowded it is very nice "nightly event" 🙂

There is a menu, but some deviations are allowed as long as it is not too sophisticated. 😉 

if you are nice, you can be surprised you might get your favorite drink on night number two.  
You just can’t get “sex on a beach”, only because there isn’t a beach on the ship. 

• Like 1

if you are nice, you can be surprised you might get your favorite drink on night number two.  
You just can’t get “sex on a beach”, only because there isn’t a beach on the ship. 

I know.. I got chocolate martinis. Shhhh.
And some other nice stuff. Love DL.
Sex on a beach ... I have on a beach )))

I hope someone can clear this up for me.   I understand that there is a nightly event on the DL.  There are also three drinks loaded onto your card, available for use during the same hours as the "event", but available at many bars on the ship.  Somewhere I read that the drink vouchers were even required in the DL, and that three was the limit, regardless of being inside the lounge or not. 

I have also heard that the drinks in the lounge are unlimited, and the vouchers are still available for use elsewhere, as long as it was during the correct hours. 

So I've heard it going both ways. Does it depend on the ship? 

We've been on the Anthem a few times, (but not for two years) and we had unlimited in the lounge, and three vouchers for elsewhere.  Our following cruise we had the beverage package, so it really didn't matter.   😀

We are D+ currently on board the Anthem.   In the CL no one checked our cards or ,limited our drinks during the event.  Can't speak for the D lounge but would think policy is the same.  We're bumping along on our way back to Cape Liberty.  It will be a rough ride after a lovely trip.

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear that the Oasis Class Ships are with the same program as the rest of the fleet. We have gone T/A - 7 or 8 times on all the other classes of RCCL liners but I had suspected that the different atmosphere of the predominantly "Family and Kids" intent and the exaggerated "Flashy-ness" of the Oasis Class Ships may have given RCCL pause to offer the open bar on these liners. Great to hear this perk is consistent across the fleet. We deserve it!