Babies allowed in the pools with swim nappies??

clare6921

I’ve heard that babies aren’t allowed into the pools even with swim

Nappies on ??

I do actually remember we got told my son couldn’t go in a pool years ago on a cruise as he had swim nappy on so I just took it off as he was potty trained and was just airing on side of caution

Apparently no swim

Nappies can be used in the pools on board

Now this time my daughter who won’t be potty trained would have to wear a swim

Nappy in the pool otherwise are they saying that all kids under the age of 2/3 who aren’t potty trained cannot go in the swimming pools

?? I can’t imagine that being the case but was wondering if someone could enlighten me as the swim nappies do their job and my child has never been for a number two in the nappy but if she did it would hold it in ... and also due to her age she is never in the water that long as gets cold fast

Any advice would be fab

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ooops posted on the roll call site instead ooops not sure if I can change ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't want to encourage replies here, but I want to make sure you have the information you are looking for.

Children who are not potty trained are not allowed in the swimming pools on any cruise line. While the pools are well treated, a swim diaper of any kind will not hold the pathogens present in fecal matter, even if it appears it contained the actual feces.

There are some ships with splash areas designed for pre-potty trained toddlers, notably Disney. These areas meet a higher requirement for how quickly the water is turned over and, as such, can be used for little ones in swim diapers.

As you can imagine, cruise lines are particularly sensitive to the spread of certain illnesses, such as norovirus. Because these are transmitted primarily through the exact methods you would be exposed to in a cruise line swimming pool (accidently taking water into your mouth that is contaminated).

Absolutely no diapers of any kind are allowed in pools. I can't imagine anything else being true for the reasons stated in kdogfister's post as well as Coast Guard and other universal Sanitary Codes.

My G- kids are all grown, and MSC will be a new experience for me, so offhand I don't know if the Seaside will have a water area specifically for diapered kids. If the OP can't find it on MSC's somewhat difficult web site, perhaps they can call direct or someone with more experience than I can answer the question.