How as a result of the latest increase do you intend to tip on their next P&O Cruise?

kalos

As a result of the latest increase, How will you tip on your next P&O Cruise ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. As a result of the latest increase, How will you tip on your next P&O Cruise ?

• YES I will pay the new auto service charge
    • NO I will not pay the new service charge
    • Prefer to pay in person without the new service charge
    • Prefer to pay the staff in person as well as the new service charge
    • I may reduce the new auto service to what I deem to be fair

No increase in 7 Years - think those days have gone !!

That was a problem in itself the recommendations on the amount of tips should have gone up slightly over that time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I still can't see the poll? Do you have to use a computer to see it? I always use my phone?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

It's very rare I surf using my phone but have just used it to see if I could see the poll.

I could and that was without using log in .

Also Mrs Kalos used her phone which uses another operating system to mine and she could also

see the poll ok .

Could it be down to your online settings of your phone ?

Maybe someone who is savvy on the workings of a mobile phone will read this and possibly be of help to you .

Hope you get it sorted :)

It's very rare I surf using my phone but have just used it to see if I could see the poll.

I could and that was without using log in .

Also Mrs Kalos used her phone which uses another operating system to mine and she could also

see the poll ok .

Could it be down to your online settings of your phone ?

Maybe someone who is savvy on the workings of a mobile phone will read this and possibly be of help to you .

Hope you get it sorted :)

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still couldn't see it so suspect it is something in my phone's settings as you mention but wouldn't know what to look for [emoji30] But I found an option to view in web browser and have now managed to vote [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Our first P&O cruise was in 2012, when I think the grats were about £3.50. They have gone up by about £1 every eighteen months. They went up to about £5.50 just after we booked our 2015 Christmas cruise (in Jan 2014) and again last year just after we booked for the Canaries, to around £6.50, I think?

Our first P&O cruise was in 2012, when I think the grats were about £3.50. They have gone up by about £1 every eighteen months. They went up to about £5.50 just after we booked our 2015 Christmas cruise (in Jan 2014) and again last year just after we booked for the Canaries, to around £6.50, I think?

Our first P&O cruise was 2003 and suggested tips then was just over £3.

It seems to be since autogratuities were introduced that the amount has escalated.

It’s the sad people who leave the tips, and tip again. But, of course, this comes out of their obc.

Why is it sad? If people want to give a little extra to those members of staff who have given good service it's not sad at all. I don't think we've ever had enough OBC to cover the tips and our overall spend on any cruise we've ever taken including our world cruises.

Why is it sad? If people want to give a little extra to those members of staff who have given good service it's not sad at all. I don't think we've ever had enough OBC to cover the tips and our overall spend on any cruise we've ever taken including our world cruises.

Its not sad,it is being nice people who appreciate all the hard work the crew do for us to enhance our cruises.

Just got back today from Oriana's second 12 day Canaries cruise.

Assume she was carrying her compliment of about 1880 passengers and we all paid our £7 that would be a total of £1386 in 'tips' per day.

This, not to shared between the whole compliment of about 800 crew, but just the cabin stewards and main dining room(s) serving staff.

Not sure how many of the 800 crew they account for but it l seems they can earn a quite tidy daily sum if they get a decent score in the passenger surveys.

When we started cruising in 2011 you tipped yourself but they gave you a suggested amount which we stuck to, I remember this as it was our first ever cruise and I didn’t want to do anything wrong. Not long after they brought in the auto tips and I think it was either £3.85 or £3.95 pppd.

When we started cruising in 2011 you tipped yourself but they gave you a suggested amount which we stuck to, I remember this as it was our first ever cruise and I didn’t want to do anything wrong. Not long after they brought in the auto tips and I think it was either £3.85 or £3.95 pppd.

It started off in 2011 at £3.10 pppd.

Don't forget that the reason that auto tips were introduced was because too many passengers would not pay the suggested amount, leading to a strike by the affected crew members. If everyone then had tipped as suggested, there would never have been any need for auto tips to be introduced.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Don't forget that the reason that auto tips were introduced was because too many passengers would not pay the suggested amount, leading to a strike by the affected crew members. If everyone then had tipped as suggested, there would never have been any need for auto tips to be introduced.

If they paid the staff/inc it in the fare, they’d be no need for tips for normal duties, just for those deemed over and above...

Great point.

Maybe that was the reason back then but I think the Freedom Diners option has to play

a part in todays service charges .

Trying to tip everyone I come into contact from the guy who says " morning Sir ,more tea /coffee? "

The list can be endless and expensive as opposed to Club Diners who see the same persons if that's all they use.

Freedom is my option so it's the Auto option for me.

Freedom dining was far more of a factor. Auto tips were introduced with freedom dining.