Southern Caribbean - which one?

bubbadogmom

We also lost our cruise in February on the Summit due to dry dock.

Trying to decide which date in April, itineraries are very different.

I’ll start researching but off the top of the heads of those who have done them before, any recommendations?

Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas

Basseterre, St Kitts

St John’s, Antigua

Castries,St Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

OR

St Croix, USVI

Phillipsburg, St Maarten

Roseau, Dominica

Bridgetown, Barbados (same on both)

St George’s, Grenada

We aren’t big into history or walking tours. Not huge drinkers, but a rum punch never hurt.

We like beaches, snorkeling, catamarans....

Thanks for reading :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've cruised to all of these destinations, most of them multiple times. Tough choice, but I'd lean towards your first list. One of the factors to consider is the ongoing rebuilding of St. Maarten/St. Martin following last year's hurricanes.

Agree with the others the first itinerary will best fit your needs. We have sailed both Silver Moon and Calabaza in Barbados, either will give you a first class experience (Calabaza is our favorite).

Thanks everyone! Going with the first one.

Quick question. When I originally booked this it was under the $25.00 deposit sale.

I rebooked tonight. Took 20 min. Lots of questions/explanations etc EXCEPT when I got the email confirmation it said that my deposit of $530.00 is due by next week.

Ummm maybe they might want to have mentioned that TINY DETAIL!!

And why do I have to pay that....I booked under the $25.00 deposit sale. It’s not my fault they cancelled.

Thanks everyone! Going with the first one.

Quick question. When I originally booked this it was under the $25.00 deposit sale.

I rebooked tonight. Took 20 min. Lots of questions/explanations etc EXCEPT when I got the email confirmation it said that my deposit of $530.00 is due by next week.

Ummm maybe they might want to have mentioned that TINY DETAIL!!

And why do I have to pay that....I booked under the $25.00 deposit sale. It’s not my fault they cancelled.

The $25 pp deposits were part of the President's Day very long weekend sale. That sale ended on Tuesday, I think. I booked on another $25 deposit event and that's all they charged. No payments are due till final payment.

The $25 pp deposits were part of the President's Day very long weekend sale. That sale ended on Tuesday, I think. I booked on another $25 deposit event and that's all they charged. No payments are due till final payment.

I guess I’ll have to call 🙄.

I booked under the $25 deposit for my Feb 2019 cruise back in November.

They cancelled that cruise and price protected me - but it clearly says on the invoice that I owe 530$ by March 1, 2018. Grrrrrrr

If I could jump on here and piggyback on this thread and ask a related question to those of you who are familiar with southern caribbean ports.

We too are contemplating a southern and we really enjoy "easy" ports that don't require a shore excursion. Our favourite days are ones like Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay where you get off and enjoy the day at a nearby beach (we don't mind a short cab ride). Can anyone tell me which southern ports offer this type of things more than others? We love to swim & snorkel in nice calm waters etc. We travel with our teenage kids and just prefer to relax on beaches. Thanks to everyone in advance.

If I could jump on here and piggyback on this thread and ask a related question to those of you who are familiar with southern caribbean ports.

We too are contemplating a southern and we really enjoy "easy" ports that don't require a shore excursion. Our favourite days are ones like Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay where you get off and enjoy the day at a nearby beach (we don't mind a short cab ride). Can anyone tell me which southern ports offer this type of things more than others? We love to swim & snorkel in nice calm waters etc. We travel with our teenage kids and just prefer to relax on beaches. Thanks to everyone in advance.

The ABC islands are absolutely gorgeous and don't really require a shore excursion, although we've had some wonderful tours on these islands. On Aruba, Palm or Eagle beaches are just a short ride away. On Bonaire, Klein Bonaire is just a short water taxi cab away ... or there is another beach area we went to as part of a tour called the Wind and Surf Beach. You wouldn't have to go there as part of a tour, though and unlike Klein Bonaire, there were facilities and restuarants / bars there, as well as lounge chairs set up along the board walk. It was at the end of our tour and didn't take long to get us back to the ship from there ... so not too far. In Curacao, I am not sure if there is a beach really close by but it is easy to walk over the bridge and into town, which is lined will the most colorful architecture. All of these islands are relatively safe to just explore on your own.

The ABC islands are absolutely gorgeous and don't really require a shore excursion, although we've had some wonderful tours on these islands. On Aruba, Palm or Eagle beaches are just a short ride away. On Bonaire, Klein Bonaire is just a short water taxi cab away ... or there is another beach area we went to as part of a tour called the Wind and Surf Beach. You wouldn't have to go there as part of a tour, though and unlike Klein Bonaire, there were facilities and restuarants / bars there, as well as lounge chairs set up along the board walk. It was at the end of our tour and didn't take long to get us back to the ship from there ... so not too far. In Curacao, I am not sure if there is a beach really close by but it is easy to walk over the bridge and into town, which is lined will the most colorful architecture. All of these islands are relatively safe to just explore on your own.

Excellent information, thank you. Sounds great! We've been to Curacao, but about 14 years ago and we didn't get to a beach. We're getting a bit tired of the classic eastern/western ports. We also don't want to get into costly shore excursions at every single port (x4 of us) so your input is appreciated.