Internet reception on Eurodam

Beestang

can anyone tell me about the internet service on HAL Eurodam ship? I have an ill mother-in-law and will need to be in touch with my children and her caregivers. Is internet service expensive? Is it reliable? Thanks

Most would say its expensive. There are packages available where you buy 100 minutes, 250 minutes and so on or you can just pay per minute, I can't remember the per minute cost (I am sure someone will pipe in), maybe $.50/minute?

I have found the internet service to have improved over the years but it still can be frustratingly slow at times. The big variables are where are you on the planet and how many people are signed on. We get up early anyway so we tend house our time in the morning for internet.

It is has been improving over time. But it is not like the broadband you have at home. Remember it is via satellite, and you are sharing it with many other people, and with the ship's needs as well.

We were on Eurodam for 16 days in Oct/Nov 2017. the plan we used was 250 minutes for $100. It was more than adequate for our needs for that cruise.

We just returned from Zaandam and purchased a 100 minute internet package for $55. It still is quite slow and used it exclusively for emails - would not want to waste minutes on web searches. We augmented our internet use with our tablet and iphone during port stops where free internet was readily available. I believe the per minute charge is $.75 which is not worth it in my view.

We just returned from the Eurodam about 8 days ago. The internet service was painfully slow at best. I did only try and access it from our room so maybe it's better in the public areas but if you were trying to skype or stream anything I would have to assume it would be impossible as it took several minutes for simple websites to load. We purchased 100 minutes for $55, overpriced for what we got but we could check in with our house/cat sitter and check emails every few days.

Terrible. I was only checking my messages so did the pay by min way.

Great...they use BING and it takes forever to connect to anything! Needless to say

it ate up my mins before I could even check my mail.

Couple of times it wouldn't even connect yet still charged my account!

They need to change this and price it more reasonable....far too expensive

and use a better search engine Google is much faster.