Deck 3 Reveal? Dining venues.....

JoePDX

Not sure about the specific ones you seek, but If you google EDGE deckplans there are sev places to get very readable deckplans..dining venues are included; many other areas not labelled.

Thanks, will do. I misunderstood your previous post and thought they were on the main celebrity page under ships, deckplans. That area hasn't changed yet, but now I've found other sites with things showing up.

Thanks, will do. I misunderstood your previous post and thought they were on the main celebrity page under ships, deckplans. That area hasn't changed yet, but now I've found other sites with things showing up.

The other thread ("blocks") just reported that the Edge dining venues are now in the cruise planner - at least for early cruises.

I booked Eden and the Steakhouse for my 1st preview cruise and will also do Luminae one night to check out new menu (if it really happens). I may change my AQ reservation for the second cruise to a veranda and try the Greek, French and Italian complementary restaurants. I like the concept - hope they have figured out how to do it right.

Too many choices and so little time!!

Edited by vtcruising

Posted this on the related thread...maybe they should be combined???

Wow.. very high prices for Specialty Restaurants... not sure if we would buy a Dining Package, if offered. Our cruise is for only one week, so we will be spending most of our time in BLU, and at the buffet with one night out as a splurge.

We usually go out a bit more but feel priced out, esp without the benefit of dining reviews . Hope they will have adequate staff to operate all these places at optimal service levels!

Glad we have the Classic Alcohol package as a perk, and our E -plus perks for internet and laundry!

Wondering how high the prices will be for Spa services?

Still exciting to hear all the news!

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Just revealed: How Celebrity's dining will be on the Edge

c71ae832da6446719338d72370ebcf18_M.jpgTop: Alfresco dining on the Magic Carpet. Bottom, from left: Cyprus Restaurant, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Normandie Restaurant

When it comes to culinary wows, Celebrity Edge will make the most of its unique spots like the Magic Carpet and the Rooftop Garden while also featuring a quartet of main restaurants, each inspired by a region of the world, six new specialty venues and exclusive Suite Class and AquaClass eateries.

Culinary is Celebrity Cruises' No. 1 brand pillar and, like Celebrity Edge itself, the dining will be 'innovative and transformative for the Celebrity brand,' according to president and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

All the concepts were developed by Celebrity's Cornelius Gallagher, a Michelin-star chef who's associate VP food and beverage operations, and were revealed tonight in Celebrity's characteristic style at an over-the-top event at Manhattan's Pier 36.

Gallagher said one word—finesse—sums up Celebrity's overall approach to dining. That means focusing on 'a thousand details.'

The four main restaurants—Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, Normandie and Tuscan—all give nods to Celebrity's legacy. A walk-through wine display at the entrance of the swanky Cosmopolitan Restaurant harkens to the wine towers in the Solstice-class main dining rooms.

Cyprus Restaurant pays homage to the line's Greek heritage and features Mediterranean fare with a focus on seafood. The space was created by world-renowned designer Patricia Urquiola.

The sophisticated and romantic Normandie Restaurant features contemporary French cuisine and has ties to the Murano specialty restaurant on many Celebrity ships as well as displaying the glamorous ocean liner Normandie's historic wooden panels, previously on Celebrity Summit.

Tuscan Restaurant, with a modern classical design inspired by Italian fashion and film, recalls the Tuscan Grille of other Celebrity ships and highlights southern Italian fare. All the homemade pastas will be prepared with a rustic flair.

Each of these four main restaurants will have menus serving the same signature dishes offered today across the Celebrity fleet, which change nightly. Plus, each will offer a special selection of dishes to showcase the venue's regional concept. And classic favorites like shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon and Caeser salad provide a third option.

As well, Celebrity Edge will continue to allow diners to book traditional early and late seating at the same table with the same waiter, or reserve a time of their choice, or take advantage of open seating in all four restaurants.

When it comes to specialty dining with a la carte pricing, Fine Cut Steakhouse promises 'the choicest cuts of meat to the freshest, premium seafood' in an upscale spot with a glamorous design palette of ruby, amber and gold. The signature dish will be USDA Prime dry-aged steak.

Inspired by classic French bistros, Le Grand Bistro is a bustling boulangerie-patisserie where the ambience changes from morning to evening. Diners can sit at the planter-edged sidewalk or in the inner café with stunning sea views.

As a special twist, using technology created by Skullmapping and presented by TableMation Studios, tabletops will spring to life with Le Petit Chef—an animated character who appears beside each diner's plate and prepares each course before the actual dish is served. 'It's new, fun and exciting,' Lutoff-Perlo said, and a very 'sharable' experience.

The entrance of Raw On 5 showcases an iced raw bar display overflowing with oysters, crab and lobsters, at a spot that mingles treats from Saint-Tropez and New England. Think casual fare like shrimp salad, crabcakes, lobster roll, but also caviar and Champagne, as well as sushi and sashimi prepared to order. Moreover, the venue brings in the Magic Carpet.

'There's no place like this on earth,' Lutoff-Perlo said of the Magic Carpet, a platform the size of a tennis court that's cantilevered from the side of the ship and can rise from sea level all the way up to Deck 16. When at Deck 5, the Magic Carpet becomes an open-air extension of Raw On 5, with selections from there plus its own menu.

When on Deck 16, a 'Dinner on the Edge' experience for up to 100 people will hinge on the destinations visited, with the night's menu built around the chef's local market purchase. Concepts could be a 'bubbles and barbecue' experience or a white party theme.

Another alfresco experience from an impressive perch, for lunch or dining under the stars, is the Rooftop Garden Grill, nestled in a corner of the Rooftop Garden. Incredible views accompany the Grill's gourmet backyard barbecue favorites.

These specialty spots join the previously announced Eden, a triple-deck, glass-enclosed lounge/restaurant (designed by Patricia Urquiola), with programming that changes throughout the day. Eden features an open kitchen and menus that deliver sensory and experiential dishes served, after dark, by performance artists called Edenists.

Celebrity Edge will also have Blu for AquaClass passengers and Luminae, for Suite Class, with Luminae designed by British superstar Kelly Hoppen.

In sum, the dining is a 'beautiful mix of what Celebrity's known for, overlaid with new inspiration,' Lutoff-Perlo told Seatrade Cruise News. 'The concepts are unique and familiar at the same time.'

Wednesday night's Celebrity Edge dining reveal for the media will be followed Thursday night by one for trade partners. Both are hosted by Lutoff-Perlo and Celebrity Edge travel ambassador Nate Berkus, along with Royal Caribbean chairman and CEO Richard Fain and Celebrity's VP hotel operations Brian Abel, chef Gallagher and the Celebrity culinary team.

Posted 28 February 2018

On our upcoming cruise the dining packages are 3 nights for $109, 4 for $125, 5 for $159, 6 for $192, 7 for $217

[ATTACH]415405[/ATTACH]

How did you get into this it doesn’t offer me the option on our reservation for 2019 but I am in the Uk

I booked Eden and the Steakhouse for my 1st preview cruise and will also do Luminae one night to check out new menu (if it really happens). I may change my AQ reservation for the second cruise to a veranda and try the Greek, French and Italian complementary restaurants. I like the concept - hope they have figured out how to do it right.

Too many choices and so little time!!��

I think you can try all the complimentary restaurants as well as Blu! But not enough days!

Some random thoughts.......

Can't believe that the dining packages will remain the same price given the higher prices at the EDGE specialty restaurants.....

On these boards, at least, the main attraction for Aqua Class is BLU. With new entrees available in each of the four restaurants, with select dining available in them as well, and with four smaller main dining menus, has Celebrity removed the main reasons people chose Aqua Class?....

Hope they will have a separate Vegetarian/Vegan menu available in each of the restaurants....

I love the concept of the new, smaller, quieter main restaurants, each with its own specialty dishes.....

I see nothing of dynamic dining here, no moving from restaurant to restaurant, night to night, with or without the same wait staff.

Rather, I see the Celebrity version of that, four separate restaurants, each with the same base menu and a few additional, not seen before appetizers and entrees unique to each restaurant.

I love that each restaurant will allow both Fixed and Celebrity Select seating, seeing that more people are trending away from Fixed dining.

As I said, just my random first impressions.

We see BLU as a definite plus...a continued refuge from the mass eateries...no res needed, usually no lines, no using diff restaurants nightly ( by choice) no upcharges..etc

The Specialty Prices are high..we will indulge one night for a b- day Celebration.

The animated chef thing would be fun if we had our grandson with us..but not needed for grownups..hope better than the wash your hands and safety videos!

Glad there are many choices for all...but for our first cruise on EDGE we will be "True Blue"

Can't believe that the dining packages will remain the same price given the higher prices at the EDGE specialty restaurants.....

On these boards, at least, the main attraction for Aqua Class is BLU. With new entrees available in each of the four restaurants, with select dining available in them as well, and with four smaller main dining menus, has Celebrity removed the main reasons people chose Aqua Class?....

Hope they will have a separate Vegetarian/Vegan menu available in each of the restaurants....

I love the concept of the new, smaller, quieter main restaurants, each with its own specialty dishes.....

I see nothing of dynamic dining here, no moving from restaurant to restaurant, night to night, with or without the same wait staff.

Rather, I see the Celebrity version of that, four separate restaurants, each with the same base menu and a few additional, not seen before appetizers and entrees unique to each restaurant.

I love that each restaurant will allow both Fixed and Celebrity Select seating, seeing that more people are trending away from Fixed dining.

b - I trust they will have a separate menu for vegans!

Then that reduces my interaction with the chefs! Oh well, that is fine to not worry about that..

I now will have to work with the pastry chef(s) for something other than fruit and sorbet! LOL

bon voyage

Both suite and Aqua have always been able To eat in the MDR if they wish so really we get the best of both worlds. I am assuming it will be the same on Edge. Initially at the beginning of BLU there was much debate about that and I had to strenuously point out that although we might not want to we should have the choice of eating MDR and I have never had a problem. Not that I want to on the Solstice class but it might be nice to just try one of the 4 choices one night. With only 7 nights it doesn’t give us much chance to try all the restaurants!

One of the appeals of Blu for me was the intimacy of the space. Almost like eating in a specialty restaurant each night. Now that Edge has 4 smaller dining venues and I can still have traditional seating with the same waiters, I feel that I’ll be very happy and satisfied with the MDR experience. I also like the changing menus and daily specialities. Sounds like a win win.

Posted this on the related thread...maybe they should be combined???

Wow.. very high prices for Specialty Restaurants... not sure if we would buy a Dining Package, if offered. Our cruise is for only one week, so we will be spending most of our time in BLU, and at the buffet with one night out as a splurge.

We usually go out a bit more but feel priced out, esp without the benefit of dining reviews . Hope they will have adequate staff to operate all these places at optimal service levels!

Glad we have the Classic Alcohol package as a perk, and our E -plus perks for internet and laundry!

Wondering how high the prices will be for Spa services?

Still exciting to hear all the news!

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Glad you mentioned the Classic Drink Package. Celebrity is really getting chintzy on theirs. Cruising the British Isles in 2017 on the Silhouette, the following occurred. My wife and I took a seat at the Martini Bar and ordered two Absolut Vodka martinis, straight up. Absolut is an included vodka on the Classic. The bartender brought us two martinis on the rocks. I reminded him of our original order and to that he replied; "If you want your drinks straight-up, it will cost another $3.50 per drink since that is considered a martini." WOW!!! Two years prior, cruising the Baltic States and Russia on the Silhouette, there was no such Classic Plan modification. All of our martinis were straight-up. This is just one example of the "modified" Classic Plan......Drink up.

One of the appeals of Blu for me was the intimacy of the space. Almost like eating in a specialty restaurant each night. Now that Edge has 4 smaller dining venues and I can still have traditional seating with the same waiters, I feel that I’ll be very happy and satisfied with the MDR experience. I also like the changing menus and daily specialities. Sounds like a win win.

So agree! Excited

Both suite and Aqua have always been able To eat in the MDR if they wish so really we get the best of both worlds. I am assuming it will be the same on Edge. Initially at the beginning of BLU there was much debate about that and I had to strenuously point out that although we might not want to we should have the choice of eating MDR and I have never had a problem. Not that I want to on the Solstice class but it might be nice to just try one of the 4 choices one night. With only 7 nights it doesn’t give us much chance to try all the restaurants!

I had understood that Aqua and Suite passengers could dine in the MDR on a space available basis. I understand that people are excited about new venues, as am I, but I do hope those of us who can only dine in the MDR (not Blu or Luminae) shall not be kept from our own dining rooms by passengers who have their own.

I had understood that Aqua and Suite passengers could dine in the MDR on a space available basis. I understand that people are excited about new venues, as am I, but I do hope those of us who can only dine in the MDR (not Blu or Luminae) shall not be kept from our own dining rooms by passengers who have their own.

I very much doubt it!

Dynmic Dining failed on RCCL! Why is Celebrity now trying what seams like the same thing on the EDGE?

It’s not the same thing and to be honest Celebrity’s MDR needed to evolve. One large MDR doesn’t really cut it anymore. The next generation cruiser wants more options and less structure. This new dining program addresses that but retains some old school elements as well so there should be something for everyone.

So, some of the restaurants state they serve lunch and dinner, or breakfast lunch and dinner, but then says their hours of operation are 6-10pm. Wondering if this is only because you are only able to book a dinner reservation? I would like to try the Rooftop Garden Grill but given that it's BBQ fare and outdoors I think it would be a better option for a lunch for us. I prefer to be inside for dinner unless they have somehow fully addressed wind and elements for the dining experience.