“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

Greetings CC community!

Tomorrow we are heading to Fort Lauderdale for our pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel prior to boarding Allure on Sunday and I’ve decided to share a live report!

It’s been a super hectic year—and I haven’t checked in on CC as often as I would like. Sent my last “baby” off to college in August, and DH and I officially became empty nesters. Our last sailing in February of 2017 was followed by a whirlwind of activities, with one event after another....college visits, senior prom, graduation, party after party, dorm room shopping and finally, a 4.5 hour drive south, where I dropped my child, along with my wallet, at Indiana University in Bloomington. Go Hoosiers!

fc936603ae6d3215d939728469d6bcd8.jpg

I’ve done several live reports before, so a little about us to get the formalities out of the way....

Rick and Chris from the northwest suburbs of Chicago...lots of cruises under our belt, and all but one on Royal. Our first sailing on Allure was back in 2012, and we’ve since sailed on Oasis and Harmony, so we’ve completed the trio....that must mean Symphony is next....and it is!

Rick celebrated a milestone birthday this month...the BIG 60! For months I heard that he didn’t want anything “special”...no big party, no extravagant sports car to carry him thru his mid life crisis, so....I knew what I had to do....upgrade our usual D Category Oceanview cabin to a suite.

So, if you are wondering what to expect with this report, it will be a lot like my others....mostly photos, observations, and maybe a tip or trick. I’ll share menus, and if anyone has specific questions, fire away! I’ll try my best to answer, or get one.

Off to do some last minute packing....I’ll be back later with my “pre-cruise” planning details....until then, one of my favorite pics of Lady A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pre cruise planning always begins with serious heart to heart, sit down with our Golden Girls, Maya and Payton. We go over the house rules...no friends over, no parties [emoji322] Our wonderful live in dog sitter will keep them in check.....as you can see, I have 100% of their attention here....

3bb52db5704ae9caa1f0804d48f1f35b.jpg

I may, or may not have been eating a bowl of popcorn during our chat [emoji6]

It’s all fun and games till the suitcases come out, and then I am gifted with the official “stink eye”

df3051684cc22f1dac3d1bdc741549ab.jpg

• Like 1

We’ll be spending our first night pre-cruise at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel.....we’ve stayed here several times. Hilton Honors members can use the App to check in, and choose your room.

A great feature, and we’ll have a great view of the port on Sunday morning [emoji847]

9aceb3978537ca5475bb368fe7b41b91.jpg

I am super excited about this review, safe travels!

(And gorgeous goldies, we have one too [emoji3])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are so cute we decided to have two [emoji847]❤️

Oh my......look at those sweet faces!!!! Too cute

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks! They have their moments but their cuteness is a definite attribute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are booked in Grand Suite on Deck 6. Super excited to be trying Sky Class for the first time, thanks to DH’s milestone birthday. [emoji106] I think I may have gotten a Dyson vacuum for my 50th, and while appreciated, I hope this gift gives him the appropriate coaching for my next “milestone” birthday [emoji848]

Our schedule for the week.....

Day 1 —

Sabor

Oceanaria

Day 2—

Chops

Mamma Mia

Day 3—

Cabana on Barefoot Beach

Day 4—get Jamaican patty in Falmouth (must do per A&L Ont)

Comedy Show

Day 5—

Coastal Kitchen for DH’s BDAY

Day 6—

Nachi Cocum

Blue Planet

Day 7—

Recover, pack.... [emoji31]

We are booked in Grand Suite on Deck 6. Super excited to be trying Sky Class for the first time, thanks to DH’s milestone birthday. [emoji106] I think I may have gotten a Dyson vacuum for my 50th, and while appreciated, I hope this gift gives him the appropriate coaching for my next “milestone” birthday [emoji848]

Day 1 —

Sabor

Oceanaria

Day 2—

Chops

Mamma Mia

Day 3—

Cabana on Barefoot Beach

Comedy Show

Day 5—

Day 6—

Nachi Cocum

Blue Planet

Day 7—

I approve of all of this schedule, espically the Patty stop in Falmouth. If you play your cards right Rick might let you take a Henry home from the ship to replace the Dyson. Give the fur babies a rub and get to bed. You two have a big day tomorrow. I’m looking forward to your review.

Edited by A&L_Ont

@niksmom360 Can't wait to hear everything about your trip! I love photos of food and MDR menus and desserts, would love a photo of the view of port from your hotel. We sail on Allure in 3 weeks! Awesome that you are in a suite!

I love your precious doggos! Hope your hubby has a great birthday, have a wonderful time!

We’ll be spending our first night pre-cruise at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel.....we’ve stayed here several times. Hilton Honors members can use the App to check in, and choose your room.

A great feature, and we’ll have a great view of the port on Sunday morning [emoji847]

9aceb3978537ca5475bb368fe7b41b91.jpg

Get even side rooms. We were in 1221 last week and the view was nice of the waterway but not of the cruise ships. Even over looks the pool to the water way. Odd you would have a better view of cruise ships side. If your Hilton honors gold or diamond you get free continental breakfast which is not bad. Or you can upgrade to full breakfast for $6 each. The omelettes are pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the tips-we will be on the same itinerary in two weeks. Please let me know about the cabana (we have ours booked at Nellie's Beach) and also about where to get the best Jamaican Beef Patty :D. Our plans are VERY similar except we booked at Mr. Sancho's-we are travelling with our two kids and while Nachi sounds AMAZING, I think there is more to do for them at Sancho's.

Also, we are doing the zip-line first thing at Labadee.

Have a great trip.

Looking forward to your review. I think a GS beats a Dyson .

We had our first Falmouth meat patty in January. Patty and a coke for $5. A number of crew members were eating there .

mac_tlc

Day 1 —

Sabor

Oceanaria

Day 2—

Chops

Mamma Mia

Day 3—

Cabana on Barefoot Beach

Comedy Show

Day 5—

Day 6—

Nachi Cocum

Blue Planet

Day 7—

If you want fresh patties go outside the gates about 2 blocks into town. Tastee Patties are the best. You can buy it from the little place inside the port but they buy theirs from the tastee location in town. Also cheaper and FRESHER outside the gates at Tastee Patties. I have walked there many times and while waiting for my order, we have seen the guy picking up boxes of patties to bring back to the little store inside the port.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your review. Love the Allure. Perfect schedule planned.

And I must comment on your beautiful dogs. Golden retreivers are so gentle and sweet. Great that you have someone looking after them as a live in.

Enjoy your cruise!

Pre cruise planning always begins with serious heart to heart, sit down with our Golden Girls, Maya and Payton. We go over the house rules...no friends over, no parties [emoji322] Our wonderful live in dog sitter will keep them in check.....as you can see, I have 100% of their attention here....

It’s all fun and games till the suitcases come out, and then I am gifted with the official “stink eye”

[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣 We have to put up with the same thing with our 4 Labs!! Like you said, as soon as the suit cases come out.....

Coming along with you, we have her booked in August.

Have a great time!

We have a live in sitter for our 2 fur babies when we go away too. Best thing you can do. Enjoy your cruise. We cruise on Allure April 8th only 42 days away.

I approve of all of this schedule, espically the Patty stop in Falmouth. If you play your cards right Rick might let you take a Henry home from the ship to replace the Dyson. Give the fur babies a rub and get to bed. You two have a big day tomorrow. I’m looking forward to your review.

Thanks, Andrew! I saved your Patty Stop directions [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk