“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

Really enjoying your review & love your pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

One question in regards to the hotel, could you tell me the approx. rate at that hotel & did they include the shuttle to the port? We have always stayed in Hollywood, but would maybe want to try something closer to the port. Thanks for any info.

No complimentary shuttle. The hotel charges $9 each person for the shuttle. We just used uber and it was $8 for the ride. The hotel is literally across the entrance to the port.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Pre cruise planning always begins with serious heart to heart, sit down with our Golden Girls, Maya and Payton. We go over the house rules...no friends over, no parties [emoji322] Our wonderful live in dog sitter will keep them in check.....as you can see, I have 100% of their attention here....

3bb52db5704ae9caa1f0804d48f1f35b.jpg

I may, or may not have been eating a bowl of popcorn during our chat [emoji6]

It’s all fun and games till the suitcases come out, and then I am gifted with the official “stink eye”

df3051684cc22f1dac3d1bdc741549ab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just started reading your thread. I love your fur babies! I love the one on your suitcase asking you not to leave. Awesome.

I have a Sony Nex 6, but I confess that I shoot in auto mode also [emoji849] just never seem to have the time to spend practicing.

That said, don’t they say the best camera is the one you have with you? [emoji4] the majority of my photos so far have been taken with the iPhone X.

No DVD player in our room. I recall that you could get one from the concierge to use when we were onLiberty in an Owners Suite awhile ago, but not sure about Allure. Maybe someone else can chime in with an answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoying your review & love your pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

One question in regards to the hotel, could you tell me the approx. rate at that hotel & did they include the shuttle to the port? We have always stayed in Hollywood, but would maybe want to try something closer to the port. Thanks for any info.

No free shuttle. We’ve stayed in November and February timeframes...$150 ish in November, $250 ish in February. Shuttle was $6 pp, but I think the driver said $8 originally, but reduced the fare because it took so long with all the stops and traffic

Probably, I manage, but it would be so much simpler if the shows were posted in a chart form...but, what am I thinking? It's surprising the website works at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree. It’s a real PITA trying to make reservations on the website. Even worse when you are trying to do it for large groups under multiple reservations. [emoji31]

What's that frozen drink in post #70? Looks delicious

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pina Colada with Myers Rum

Probably, I manage, but it would be so much simpler if the shows were posted in a chart form...but, what am I thinking? It's surprising the website works at all!

Totally agree, when they did publish the show schedule, it was much easier to schedule dinner times in advance,

Labadee today

4b2934e166b3ede64996dce84c93f20e.jpg

We have a Hilltop cabana booked #2

426351ecdfe02dda44e8e92f594a27fc.jpg

Dinner at Chops last night was a HUGE disappointment, but I don’t want to start today’s report on a sour note, so I’ll share those details later [emoji12]

Going to try Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

For those wondering about Mamma Mia last night, I made it thru the first hour and then bailed. It was just okay for me, but I’ll admit I’m not a big Broadway show fan, I’m not the best objective “reporter” — no photography allowed, so no pics forthcoming [emoji53]

Nice Review!!

Curious if many are dressing for formal night. My Allure itinerary is the only one I have seen that specified the formal nights

94_A61853_4295_4_B96_9115_5058900_C51_F9.jpg

strange to see this comment at the bottom - I checked all of my others and could not find this note previously

Edited by racerxspeedy

Thank you again for taking the time to share your beautiful pics and the very clear compasses! I’ve never seen such a clear copy of them and it’s fun to see what in store for us in May! Have a wonderful time and enjoy the warm sun and beautiful blue water:)

No DVD player in our room. I recall that you could get one from the concierge to use when we were onLiberty in an Owners Suite awhile ago, but not sure about Allure. Maybe someone else can chime in with an answer!

Not an answer but a suggestion. Purchase a digital version of POLAR EXPRESS (on Vudu or Amazon) and download it your tablet. (I'm assuming EVERYONE owns a tablet of some sort...probably shouldn't assume.) Then it's available anytime and theoretically, any PLACE. The key would be to download...don't try streaming on the ship!

Hi Chris! Reading along makes me feel I am right there with you - and I wish I was.....still totally bummed we could not travel with you this time! Please say hi to everyone and give them all big hugs from me! Miss you!!! We will connect when you get home! Safe travels and take care of that foot. Love ya!

Nice Review!!

Curious if many are dressing for formal night. My Allure itinerary is the only one I have seen that specified the formal nights

94_A61853_4295_4_B96_9115_5058900_C51_F9.jpg

strange to see this comment at the bottom - I checked all of my others and could not find this note previously

Thanks! We didn’t bring formal wear...some people were dressed formally in Chops, but others fairly casual, DH wore khakis and a polo shirt. Haven’t been to the MDR yet... maybe Saturday to say hello and goodbye. [emoji4]

Chris, no photography allowed for Mama Mia? WOW, it only used to be no video.

Take the hilltop stairs carefully today and enjoy Labadee.

I thought it odd myself... I know video isn’t allowed, as well as “flash” photography, but they announced none allowed at the beginning of the show....

Great day at Labadee, hilltop #2 definitely had the least amount of stairs...I’ll have to thank Nancy for taking good care of us today

How did you get a picture of all those pool chairs with no towels on them?! lol. I was on Allure last March and I agree kind of with Mamma Mia. It wasn't my type of show. I stayed for the first half and although good, we were all falling asleep.

Enjoy Labadee!

Early bird catches the worm [emoji3] kills my night life activities tho

I was wondering if you have any specialty restaurant menus to post. I am enjoying your Allure review so much.

Yes, i have Chops and 150 CP coming up shortly, we’ll be in Coastal kitchen weds and Thursday.