“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

Looking forward to boarding the Allure on March 11!! If possible, can you get a photo of the Champagne Bar drink menu and the tapas menu at Vintages??

How did you make arrangements for the golf cart ride to your cabana in Labadee? We are taking my mom on this trip for her 80th b-day and walking long distances is not in her wheelhouse.

Enjoy your trip and thanks for keeping us all updated.

Thanks for checking that for me.

If you don't mind can you ask if they have any brand of Bourbon?

I couldn't believe that Bourbon was not an option on the Harmony. Maybe it isn't an option on any of the RCCL ships anymore.

Buffalo Trace is now the exclusive bourbon on Royal.

In the Compass it will list an activity such as Family Karaoke On Air or Friendly Feud Game on Air, what does "On Air" mean?

I'm guess you are Star Class, how has that experience been?

Your photos are better than the cruise line's professional pics. Royal Caribbean should be paying you!

In the Compass it will list an activity such as Family Karaoke On Air or Friendly Feud Game on Air, what does "On Air" mean?

I'm guess you are Star Class, how has that experience been?

Your photos are better than the cruise line's professional pics. Royal Caribbean should be paying you!

Haha! Thank you for the compliment. I’ll take a free cruise in lieu of payment for my photos [emoji12]

Yes, we are in Star Class. I’ll probably summarize my thoughts on that when I wrap up [emoji4]

The On Air Club is a venue/bar on the promenade , deck 5. I watched some of the family karaoke show last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to boarding the Allure on March 11!! If possible, can you get a photo of the Champagne Bar drink menu and the tapas menu at Vintages??

How did you make arrangements for the golf cart ride to your cabana in Labadee? We are taking my mom on this trip for her 80th b-day and walking long distances is not in her wheelhouse.

Enjoy your trip and thanks for keeping us all updated.

Ok, I’ll try to get those menus.

Right when you get off the ship there are island staff waiting with wheelchairs. They will take you to the entrance, and in my case dropped us off in a waiting area to catch the golf carts to barefoot beach.

I might have to abandon my Pattie plans today [emoji17]

I’ve gotten settled in and comfy in the suite sun deck area. Almost completely empty up here, and very peaceful....

d240e65760ad56f95d795a8105ff44ef.jpg

e64235fc1c9cddb16166f312cf9fa0b6.jpg

5fda265720e64efe15cf11c8df703df9.jpg

2865a05db28dfca485e1381321446e11.jpg

1c58cb8bfed9510371cc1365ac81d656.jpg

736deb9a3c86555979df201829cc8285.jpg

There are about 4 of these semi private little cubbies....

a8e7442ee1b2f2207fe77a1c6c775766.jpg

28974fad7d634cca29626ad7ffcca955.jpg

Nice idea, but I think they could have been better placed up here...you look directly into the upper level of the solarium, so people are staring straight back at you 🤨

Haha! Thank you for the compliment. I’ll take a free cruise in lieu of payment for my photos [emoji12]

Yes, we are in Star Class. I’ll probably summarize my thoughts on that when I wrap up.

Chris, I would gladly take a free Star Class cruise for my live review. I just have to figure out how to claim it.:confused::')

Some menus....

Johnny Rockets breakfast (free)

db69a22eae4eb20a38e65d9c27afeec2.jpg

b48df5ce6eb3f1f24e8a9c17103dccd6.jpg

Chops

d211647e434a4732c8089f73d11b604c.jpg

c7aa678cdd1275b196801d60905aeca5.jpg

Dining package pricing

4ac2cd0f42420ad7ddfd5d93d2f3cb5b.jpg

Since I have a positive post to follow my Chops review, this seems like a good time to share it, so I don’t come off sounding like a Negative Nelly [emoji37]

Chops was pretty abysmal...actually, just bad, with the exception of the mushroom soup, which was the highlight of the meal. I was disappointed that the onion soup was gone from the menu [emoji53]

21063a39cd0158961ec9ceaa8b014792.jpg

DH has the crab cake and said it was also very good...

1534a3454240f64256ca940a38f145a7.jpg

Then it was downhill all the way. I should preface these comments by saying I have eaten in Chops many times, on many different ships. It always has been just a bit more special... which, for the price, as it should be—in quality, presentation, atmosphere, and service.

My shrimp cocktail.... “where’s the shrimp”? Three little tiny things....

6ceadf26108aadff76e36424dc6b17cb.jpg

We got two plates of these sides for our table of 7....tator tots and Mac and cheese....seriously....not even enough tots to go around 🤪 the second plate had a different variety but how are these servings “family style” to feed seven people?!??

561a9332df949eb0563e36fd005b857c.jpg

6 ounce filet, also bad....

147e1344944de15549e0aa5abed9ded2.jpg

Finally, my dessert.....I always look forward to the beautifully presented desserts at Chops [emoji847]

9d356f60b4f247d92d689f814d47f650.jpg

Any guesses out there as to what this is? In fairness, it did taste good.

And the service was not horrible. So there was that. Didn’t complain because I didn’t pay full price since I had the D coupon, BOGO, but I will be sharing my thoughts on the post cruise survey.

In short, I do not recommend Chops. At least not on Allure.[emoji107]

Chris, I would gladly take a free Star Class cruise for my live review. I just have to figure out how to claim it.:confused::')

Lol, I just caught my mistake there....we are in Sky Class....maybe you will have better luck cashing in on a free cruise for your Star Class review [emoji106]