Adventure of the Seas: Waterslide questions

day7580

Hi,

I was wondering how much they enforce the height requirements for the waterslides on the Adventure of the Seas? Can you wear water shoes on the slides? I have a son who is 47 inches and was really hoping to ride the slide on our vacation.

Thanks in advance!

They do enforce height and weight restrictions and limits...they are there for a safety reason!

I don't see why you'd need water shoes in a pool...no rocks! You will need shoes on the deck however...it gets hot enough to actually burn your feet.

• 11 months later...
On 2/25/2018 at 8:54 AM, day7580 said:

Hi,

I was wondering how much they enforce the height requirements for the waterslides on the Adventure of the Seas? Can you wear water shoes on the slides? I have a son who is 47 inches and was really hoping to ride the slide on our vacation.

Thanks in advance!

How did this work out? My son is just over 48" so I'm hoping they measure with his sandals on

Hi, they were really strict with the height requirements, which caused some tears when we boarded the ship. They would not measure him with his water shoes on and he was just shy of the heigh requirement. I understand its a safety issue but his hair was touching the stick and they wouldn't let him on. We actually tried several times during the cruise with different people measuring. No luck . Hopefully it works out for you guys. Give your kids a heads up about the requirements before hand to prepare. They do have a smaller water slide near the pool that he enjoyed but in his mind it was for the little kids. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, danalea1980 said:

Hi, they were really strict with the height requirements, which caused some tears when we boarded the ship. They would not measure him with his water shoes on and he was just shy of the heigh requirement. I understand its a safety issue but his hair was touching the stick and they wouldn't let him on. We actually tried several times during the cruise with different people measuring. No luck . Hopefully it works out for you guys. Give your kids a heads up about the requirements before hand to prepare. They do have a smaller water slide near the pool that he enjoyed but in his mind it was for the little kids. 

Thank you for replying! I have prepared him telling he's too short so he's not expecting it, but he's been trying to grow over the last 6 months checking his height frequently lol

I did just see there is a cooler kids splash area with some  smaller water slides so that will be a decent consolation prize. :classic_smile:

This post made me measure my 7 year old he..he is 49 inches and our cruise on Adventure isn't until December so he will be fine! I have my fingers crossed that the new slides on Navigator are 48 inch too b/c we are sailing on her in April and he doesn't have that much time to grow:)

9 hours ago, msuspartanbigten said:

Thank you for replying! I have prepared him telling he's too short so he's not expecting it, but he's been trying to grow over the last 6 months checking his height frequently lol

I did just see there is a cooler kids splash area with some  smaller water slides so that will be a decent consolation prize. :classic_smile:

Put him on the rack and stretch him out

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, traveler1980 said:

@msuspartanbigten How did it go for your family on Adventure?  Almost seems silly to ask details about measuring for height but I am curious as my guy is right at 48" with no shoes on.  When and how do they measure?  Any tips and tricks from your experiences this past week?  I hope it was a wonderful week!  

For the water slides, it looks like they measure each time you go up the stairs. However, for the little kid water slides, they gave my youngest a bracelet that shows he was already measured. I would imagine if someone was right at 48", they would probably do the same.

As for the actual 48" height, prepare him to think he's not going to be tall enough just so he doesn't get disappointed. My son was really close at home using an actual measuring tape, but he was a lot further away from 48" on the ship, probably an inch short. Based on that, I feel the 48" bar they use is higher than 48".