Barefootwoman

I'm ready for a different type of cruise experience, does it exist?

Thank you GC that did the trick. I had hoped the Aranui site had it hidden somewhere.

I was right, if the site doesn't tell you the price, I can't afford it. Too bad, it looked like fun.

Thank you GC that did the trick. I had hoped the Aranui site had it hidden somewhere.

I was right, if the site doesn't tell you the price, I can't afford it. Too bad, it looked like fun.

We were surprised there wasn't more of a spread in the prices.

We were also surprised with the high prices of Hurtigruten for the Coastal Cruise, especially for the smaller cabins (and almost all of them were "smaller" ;)).

(For the more exotic locales, we can understand higher prices, but yikes... the NWP and the Antarctic cruise prices were a bit of a stunner!)

GC

You might want to look at Royal Caribbean's repositioning cruise from Seattle to Sydney, Australia on the Explorer of the Seas. Once in Australia, you can explorer or as many of our shipmates did, take off the next day for a cruise to New Zealand on a Celebrity cruise. On the way to Sydney we stopped in Hawaii, Fiji and New Caledonia. It was a very relaxing cruise with lots of cruise days. It is not that expensive either.

We were surprised there wasn't more of a spread in the prices.

We were also surprised with the high prices of Hurtigruten for the Coastal Cruise, especially for the smaller cabins (and almost all of them were "smaller" ;)).

(For the more exotic locales, we can understand higher prices, but yikes... the NWP and the Antarctic cruise prices were a bit of a stunner!)

GC

There is a spread of prices from Class C 8 bed and 4 bed dormitories.

Once you cruise with Hurtigruten, you get a discount on future cruises. On my current cruise, which is an expensive explorer cruise, I got a no single supplement cabin.

$7,000 for 13 days isn’t too bad. It includes air fare, wine with lunch and dinner, and shore excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums