Too much research...need advice!

Has anyone done way too much research before their first cruise? I'm constantly looking things up and reading reviews and now I'm unsure about the cabins I chose for my family. I booked 2 adjoining cabins in Central Park bc it fit our budget, and I've read a bunch of reviews saying don't stay there in the summer bc the balconies are way too hot. We are going the first week in July, and I'm only planning on sitting on the balcony early in the morning to drink my coffee and at night before bed to wind down. We don't plan on being in our room at all during the day. Will I regret it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by gcbranscome

Has anyone done way too much research before their first cruise? I'm constantly looking things up and reading reviews and now I'm unsure about the cabins I chose for my family. I booked 2 adjoining cabins in Central Park bc it fit our budget, and I've read a bunch of reviews saying don't stay there in the summer bc it's way too hot. We are going the first week in July, and I'm only planning on sitting on the balcony early in the morning to drink my coffee and at night before bed to wind down. We don't plan on being in our room at all during the day. Will I regret it?

As a newbie...yes I over planned and over thought the cruise. Now it's no big deal. Take the time to breath...relax..and repeat. You will have a fantabulous time no matter what you do. Enjoy! :D

I enjoy researching and planning our vacations, it's part of the experience. The times I didn't and we went on "the fly", we are more frustrated and disappointed because we didn't have the experience we were looking for. I think go with the expectation that everything is an experience and memory, (some good, some maybe not so much) and enjoy the moment. You'll have a great time if you just appreciate the journey.

Have fun!! Cruising is great!

If your cabins fit your budget...stick with it. You said yourself you won't be lounging about in the cabin...it will be fine!

Spend time researching your ports! THAT'S what can potentially save you a bundle on excursions and enhance your time ashore.

Has anyone done way too much research before their first cruise? I'm constantly looking things up and reading reviews and now I'm unsure about the cabins I chose for my family. I booked 2 adjoining cabins in Central Park bc it fit our budget, and I've read a bunch of reviews saying don't stay there in the summer bc it's way too hot. We are going the first week in July, and I'm only planning on sitting on the balcony early in the morning to drink my coffee and at night before bed to wind down. We don't plan on being in our room at all during the day. Will I regret it?

Personally, I would suggest stop reading other people's experience and just look forward to yours. CP is a great place, and very calm. As for the heat- hot is hot everywhere. You could have great weather and be super comfortable.

(on a side note- if you are sailing this summer, our current winter observations would suggest a cooler summer, as the water temps are lower than they have in past summers)

The staterooms themselves are not unusually hot (unless you have a close neighbor that keeps their balcony slider open), it''s the balcony area that can be hot. You should be fine early in the morning.

Has anyone done way too much research before their first cruise? I'm constantly looking things up and reading reviews and now I'm unsure about the cabins I chose for my family. I booked 2 adjoining cabins in Central Park bc it fit our budget, and I've read a bunch of reviews saying don't stay there in the summer bc the balconies are way too hot. We are going the first week in July, and I'm only planning on sitting on the balcony early in the morning to drink my coffee and at night before bed to wind down. We don't plan on being in our room at all during the day. Will I regret it?

Have fun, first rule of cruise club lol. I will say we stayed in the cabin more than expected on Harmony in June. Think of how it feels after you have been in the pool for a couple of hours at home. The sun can really take it out of you. Now do it over 7 days and you can use a nap. Plus if you plan on doing shows after dinner you might need to recharge if you are getting up early.

Now your plan might be to jam as much into your vacation/holiday as possible, I like to not be worn out the day I have to go back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe in preparation and planning so you are doing the right thing.

Central Park is our favourite part of the ship so no problems there.

I tend to do more planning and research on the ports of call than stress about my choice of stateroom, and to be honest more often than not we have had a Gty cabin so have what we are given.

We always tend to spend a little more time in our cabin than we plan, choose late dinner and have an afternoon snooze to recharge before a fun evening.

Balconies are a fabulous place for your early morning coffee or a wind down before bed so enjoy

Any balcony in direct sunlight can be hot in the summer. Ocean view or Central Park, etc. But when there is shade they are ok. Ocean view would typically have more breeze but I wouldn’t worry too much. We rarely use our balconies that much. More for drying a wet suit or towel (clamped down with a chair clip of course) or chilling for a few here and there.

Edited by topnole

I am somewhat of an experienced cruiser ... and I am currently afflicted with this! I am searching and researching way too much. Currently, when I find an itinerary and price I like .... the cabin is the 2nd cabin from the front of the ship OR the 2nd from the back of the ship! If I find a price and cabin location I like, the itinerary is one I will NOT do .... I know ... I know .... to have such challenges! LOL

: ? )

I had the same worries after researching!

We did Central Park balconies last July and I didn’t find the balconies to be too hot. You definitely don’t get the breeze you’d get on the outside balconies but it’s still comfortable. Central Park just has a really nice ambiance and I found it very relaxing.

They were able to take out the divider between our balconies which was nice! If it’s something you’d want you can ask your cabin attendant to see if it’s a possibility.

I am guilty of this myself. BUT in our defense as over planners, we had much more enjoyable experience on our 2nd cruise compared to our first because of all the research that I did! We avoided a lot of pitfalls and capitalized on the must do’s. I wouldn’t worry too much about the balcony since, like you said, you won’t be in your room too much. We loved having our coffee out there each morning and hardly were in our room in the afternoon. If price is important I would just keep what you have!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done Central Park balconies three times. It's my wife's favorite because she loves being able to people-watch and listen to the live music at night.

We haven't noticed any significant temperature difference between CP balconies and ocean-view balconies

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We did Central Park balconies last July and I didn’t find the balconies to be too hot. You definitely don’t get the breeze you’d get on the outside balconies but it’s still comfortable. Central Park just has a really nice ambiance and I found it very relaxing.

They were able to take out the divider between our balconies which was nice! If it’s something you’d want you can ask your cabin attendant to see if it’s a possibility.

Thank you! I feel so much better that I heard from someone that stayed in Central Park in July! We have adjoining cabins too on deck 10. I wanted Deck 11 but they weren't available. What deck were you on? I'm hoping the glass fixtures don't block my view. I need to people watch at least a little bit! Lol!

We've done Central Park balconies three times. It's my wife's favorite because she loves being able to people-watch and listen to the live music at night.

We haven't noticed any significant temperature difference between CP balconies and ocean-view balconies

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you! I've seen so many negative reviews and now I'm starting to relax a bit about my choice.

Thank you! I feel so much better that I heard from someone that stayed in Central Park in July! We have adjoining cabins too on deck 10. I wanted Deck 11 but they weren't available. What deck were you on? I'm hoping the glass fixtures don't block my view. I need to people watch at least a little bit! Lol!

We were also deck 10! I thought the view was great. Low enough that it was good for people watching and for hearing music at night if they had it. Nothing blocking the view.

I don’t have any pictures of the view unfortunately but there should be some YouTube videos that will show it.

I think you’ll really like it!

We were also deck 10! I thought the view was great. Low enough that it was good for people watching and for hearing music at night if they had it. Nothing blocking the view.

I don’t have any pictures of the view unfortunately but there should be some YouTube videos that will show it.

I think you’ll really like it!

Great! Thank you so much! I'm done worrying!

I was wondering......My husband and I were considering one of the big, mega ships for a family cruise (especially thinking of our two grandsons who will be13 and 15-and the more exciting activities onboard for them). Anyway, my husband had read that the staterooms overlooking Central Park are noisier than the ones facing the water....If so,.....are they unbearably noisy as in...can’t get to sleep?

I was wondering......My husband and I were considering one of the big, mega ships for a family cruise (especially thinking of our two grandsons who will be13 and 15-and the more exciting activities onboard for them). Anyway, my husband had read that the staterooms overlooking Central Park are noisier than the ones facing the water....If so,.....are they unbearably noisy as in...can’t get to sleep?

Not much noise unless you are up higher and can hear the pool noise. Deck 10 or so it is much less and many say it is very quiet for the most part. We’ve had one and found it quite peaceful. But you don’t see the ocean in this cabin so that is a negative for sure.

I didn’t find them noisy at all. On deck ten I could hear the classical type music they played some nights in Central Park. Also, some sea days you can hear music from the pool deck band. Both could only be heard sitting on the balcony though, not inside if you had the door closed. It is a different vibe than a balcony facing the ocean, but it was interesting to try!

I have heard boardwalk balconies can be louder because of the aqua show and carousel, but I’ve never stayed in those.

My 13 year old nephew was on this cruise with us and he had a blast. I think your grandsons would love the big oasis class ships!