Joe Kenda/Homicide Hunter Cruise

CruiseGal999

We did it by accident last month, the Kendra group was on the Crown Princess for a 5-day Caribbean cruise. We didn't participate in their activities but chatted with others who said they enjoyed the lectures and get togethers.

The Ruby is one of our favorite Princess ships and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It was an organized event, some 300+ fans participating. Not sure how it worked but they all had badges that allowed them entry into the special events. I guess everyone also got a special T-shirt with some 2018 logo and we saw several people who also brought their shirts from previous cruises. If I saw them I den't recognized them but I believe Joe Kenda and the actor who plays him, Carl Marino, were aboard.

DH loves Joe Kenda / Homicide Hunter show on tv. Was this a fan club kinda cruise or were people from the ID on the cruise as well?

These cruises have the REAL Joe Kenda AND Carl Marino (the actor who portrays Joe Kenda on the TV show) and their wives on the cruise. They schedule meet & greets, lectures, etc.

It was an organized event, some 300+ fans participating. Not sure how it worked but they all had badges that allowed them entry into the special events. I guess everyone also got a special T-shirt with some 2018 logo and we saw several people who also brought their shirts from previous cruises. If I saw them I den't recognized them but I believe Joe Kenda and the actor who plays him, Carl Marino, were aboard.

Very cool! I will have to look into this. He gets a Joe Kenda event and I get to cruise! :)

• Haha 1

We did it by accident last month, the Kendra group was on the Crown Princess for a 5-day Caribbean cruise. We didn't participate in their activities but chatted with others who said they enjoyed the lectures and get togethers.

The Ruby is one of our favorite Princess ships and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Thank you. I watched a youtube tour of the Ruby and it's so pretty. I haven't talked myself into going .... yet.

Hmmm.... I've never even heard of the guy. :confused:

Joe Kenda is a retired Colorado Springs homicide detective who has a show on cable network Investigation Discovery. Interesting show, watch it once in awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Regal Princess 10/26 5-night Canadian cruise out of New York. Didn't realize this group was aboard. Wow, what an "interesting" group of people, in their bright orange Kenda Cruise shirts and "Crime Scene Do Not Cross" lanyards all week. To each his own, I guess. These people were the definition of groupies, especially those wearing their name tags, lanyards, and shirts OFF the ship on the streets of Saint John.

And, before anyone gets too defensive, I actually work in the law enforcement field and I still don't get it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Caribe87 said:

Just got off the Regal Princess 10/26 5-night Canadian cruise out of New York. Didn't realize this group was aboard. Wow, what an "interesting" group of people, in their bright orange Kenda Cruise shirts and "Crime Scene Do Not Cross" lanyards all week. To each his own, I guess. These people were the definition of groupies, especially those wearing their name tags, lanyards, and shirts OFF the ship on the streets of Saint John.

And, before anyone gets too defensive, I actually work in the law enforcement field and I still don't get it.

Maybe it was a choice between that or the Quilting Cruise.  :classic_tongue:

12 hours ago, Caribe87 said:

Just got off the Regal Princess 10/26 5-night Canadian cruise out of New York. Didn't realize this group was aboard. Wow, what an "interesting" group of people...I still don't get it.

I was on it too (am still on the Regal now) and didn't understand what it was all about either. Several passengers I met tried to explain what they were doing but it didn't compute. Oh well...to each his own! I was just happy that we had great weather!!