How many days until your next Carnival Cruise?

CCHelp

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So sorry Saint Greg. You were the first person I thought of with the cancellations. 😔

It'll be fine. I'm giving up on this year but I'm going to have a lot of cruises next year. Working on adding something in January now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We are on the Horizon 1/9. JS!!

It'll be Breeze for me. 1/16 Same ship, same ports, almost same room, almost the same price....as my Feb cruise that was canceled when they canceled all FLL cruises. Hopefully my TA got a hold on the room. It was the only 4J left. Surprising one was there for that cruise like 100 days out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

recalculating....

It's like a gps...recalculating route.  I've had three cruises cancelled so far and am hoping my cruise in April sails.  Each time, I thought I rescheduled far enough out.  Nothing else to do but roll with it and see how it all goes.  Good luck with finding a new cruise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

On paper . . . 32 days.  

Reality . . . ???

Us too! It’s wait and see. And hope! I noticed tonight that November cruises no longer available on web site, maybe booked at whatever capacity they are going with. 

Haven't told my wife yet but I booked us on a mammoth cruise vacation in Australia and the South Pacific starting May 2021 for a full month.  My employer is letting us tag along on his jet to get there so no airline travel needed. (He's a billionaire and I am his full time pilot).  This will be our first "Real" vacation in over 3 years. Imagine that, being a personal pilot for someone with entirely too much money doesn't allow for many opportunities for me to have my own vacation. LOL  Going to fly him to his place in Tahiti and then when the cruises are over, return and fly him and his family back to Los Angeles.   My wife would never go if we had to airline it so the boss' generosity is amazing! Private charter from LA to Tahiti would cost much more than I could ever spend, let alone private jet both directions. Yay for getting to see the Spirit again.  We sailed on her for her final cruise before they moved her to the Australian market several years ago.  Three cruises back to back to back. 2 on the Spirit and one on the Splendor.  Can't wait! Popped for Grand Suite on the Splendor and Ocean Suites on the Spirit.  I think it will be awesome, especially with the ship not running full capacity.  Art auctions...here we come!! lol

Edited by CirrusPilot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CirrusPilot said:

Haven't told my wife yet but I booked us on a mammoth cruise vacation in Australia and the South Pacific starting May 2021 for a full month.  My employer is letting us tag along on his jet to get there so no airline travel needed. (He's a billionaire and I am his full time pilot).  This will be our first "Real" vacation in over 3 years. Imagine that, being a personal pilot for someone with entirely too much money doesn't allow for many opportunities for me to have my own vacation. LOL  Going to fly him to his place in Tahiti and then when the cruises are over, return and fly him and his family back to Los Angeles.   My wife would never go if we had to airline it so the boss' generosity is amazing! Private charter from LA to Tahiti would cost much more than I could ever spend, let alone private jet both directions. Yay for getting to see the Spirit again.  We sailed on her for her final cruise before they moved her to the Australian market several years ago.  Three cruises back to back to back. 2 on the Spirit and one on the Splendor.  Can't wait! Popped for Grand Suite on the Splendor and Ocean Suites on the Spirit.  I think it will be awesome, especially with the ship not running full capacity.  Art auctions...here we come!! lol

That sounds awesome!!  I hope you post a review on CC and tell us all about it.  Have a wonderful vacation😃

Absolutely.  2020 has been just nuts and completely upended my entire work environment.  Prior to the Pandemic in March I flew the boss's Gulfstream 550 three times each week, sometimes more.  He spends his weekends either in St. Maarten or Cabo San Lucas.  I could make the L.A. to Princess Julianna Airport flight with my eyes closed. lol  The Pandemic curbed his travel drastically which wasn't surprising of course.  He kept me on payroll but we flew much less.  Between late March and basically one month ago, I did half a dozen flights.  Saying I have cabin fever is a galactically huge understatement.  So we are anxiously looking forward to this vacation albeit, both my wife and I are a bit apprehensive about getting on a cruise ship still.  We are both in good physical shape and both closer to 50 years old than 60.  I think we will be just fine but it is something we need to take seriously. 

I talked in detail with my VP at Carnival and I feel like they have a plan of action which is more than the minimum needed for the situation.  Now we need to hope that countries do indeed get a handle on it and curtail the negative effects of a Second Wave.  I think they will.   

Rest assured, I will post a play by play of our experience though, Carnival has never given us a bad one, ever. 

When I posted this, my wife got an alert or something because she came right to me about it.  So the surprise is out of the bag but thats okay.  hehe

Edited by CirrusPilot
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 12:47 PM, Saint Greg said:

It'll be Breeze for me. 1/16 Same ship, same ports, almost same room, almost the same price....as my Feb cruise that was canceled when they canceled all FLL cruises. Hopefully my TA got a hold on the room. It was the only 4J left. Surprising one was there for that cruise like 100 days out.

Actually I decided not to fly to Florida and do San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Maarten route because I know I’ll be disappointed if the ports get canceled. So I put a deposit down on that cruise for 2023 on the Magic and booked Freedom out of Galveston for January. 

• Like 3