Sold Out Sailing

Avelinnne

I don't know the answer to your question but I will say that as someone who follows the "todays deals" from Texas I'd be more then happy with the prices on the 3 and 4 day cruises I see out of California. Do the 4 day on Mar 18 (Imagination) or 19 (Inspiration) and then tack on an extra day or two in SoCal or Vegas and call it a week.

We very much considered doing this except it's a 21 hour drive each way for us rather then a 6 hour drive.

Goodness, NO. I tried in 2016 when my other spring break plans went kaput, never happened. I was told that unlike the airlines, the ships manifest (including list of cruise passengers) has to be given over to the USCG well before the cruise....so no "stand by". Don't know if this is true or not, just what I was told. So Sorry!!

I started a new job at a school that has Spring Break the week of Mar 19th. We want to go on a 7 n out of california and its Sold Out. Has anyone had any luck booking a cruise on a Sold Out Sailing? :rolleyes:

Unless people have to cancel just before cruise you will need to find something else to do. Keep checking website something may pop up.

Travel Agents are known to return unsold cabins out of the block of cabins that they contracted for. When they buy or reserve these blocks, the cruise line has to treat them like sold. So when they are returned they can sell them because they were counted as sold but have not been, so they become available to sell. So there is a possibility, but it could be on very short notice.

I started a new job at a school that has Spring Break the week of Mar 19th. We want to go on a 7 n out of california and its Sold Out. Has anyone had any luck booking a cruise on a Sold Out Sailing? :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your new job. That's right around the corner in peak time so I wouldn't count on anything becoming available. A less desirable plan B could be a back-to-back (4 night plus 3 night) leaving March 18th on Imagination. At least you'd be cruising when you can go.

Goodness, NO. I tried in 2016 when my other spring break plans went kaput, never happened. I was told that unlike the airlines, the ships manifest (including list of cruise passengers) has to be given over to the USCG well before the cruise....so no "stand by". Don't know if this is true or not, just what I was told. So Sorry!!

Sad, bad info. Whoever told you didn't have a clue. Manifest goes to CBP/TSA or whoever the agency is 60 minutes before departure. If there are cabins available, you can book by phone directly with Carnival the morning of a cruise and sail in the afternoon. Coast Guard has noting to do with anything. EM