Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral at 7 PM

There are lots of posts about transport from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral but all of them seem to suggest shuttles that only run until 1 PM.

We are arriving at 7 PM and need suggestions for transport of two passengers with one large bag and carryon each.

Please help. Everything I see is about $150.

Thanks

Are you boarding a ship the following morning? If so, you might consider staying at a hotel near the airport that night, then getting a shuttle to the port in the a.m.

This is a good suggestion. Many many reasonably priced hotels near airport with shuttle buses. Then search the FL departure boards for busses to PC or research transfers through the cruise line. Take the shuttle back to MCO the next am and pick up cruise transfer to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just flew into MCO (Orlando) on February 3rd. and took an Uber to our hotel close to Port Canaveral (Cocoa Beach) at the same time in the evening. The price was 47.98 and was clean, comfortable, and private obviously.

We then took an Uber to the ship the next morning for $9.49 and had a similar experience.

Certainly a lot less than a car service and much more comfortable (and significantly cheaper) than an airport taxi.

Good luck with your trip!

Steve

We always do a one way car rental from MCO to Port Canaveral. Cheap rates, easy drive, & nice to have a car for some last-minute shopping or to go out for dinner. Drop the car off in the morning & take the free shuttle to the port. Super easy!

SteveKC

What level of UBER did you use. They were quoting me $70-80

for two people with two large bags. UBERXL.

Al

That's a pretty good rate for a private service, comparable to renting a car.

We have done a one way car rental from Budget several times. You can usually find a online discount code and get a car For less than $50.

In the morning you drop the car at Budget and they drive you the few blocks to your ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always rent a car for the week and leave it at the hotel while we are out then we have it when we get back to go back to the airport. I've done the one way once and by the time I paid for all of us to get back to orlando I could have rented for the week. But for just 2 of you a one way may work. They charge you more if you don't return the car to the original location.

We always rent a car for the week and leave it at the hotel while we are out then we have it when we get back to go back to the airport. I've done the one way once and by the time I paid for all of us to get back to orlando I could have rented for the week. But for just 2 of you a one way may work. They charge you more if you don't return the car to the original location.

That is not my experience in Florida. I don't think they are allowed to.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yep, that’s not true at all. Florida does not charge for alternative drop off locations. In fact, on my upcoming trip my buddy is renting a car in Fll and dropping it off in Savannah. No drop off fee at all. It’s costing him $43.

Yep, that’s not true at all. Florida does not charge for alternative drop off locations. In fact, on my upcoming trip my buddy is renting a car in Fll and dropping it off in Savannah. No drop off fee at all. It’s costing him $43.

Never spent more than $50 for a one way car rental. Never been charged extra for a different location drop off.