Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

2 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Kind of surprised there are no pools with stairs. Given the more mature demographic hat Princess tends to cater to you would think there would be. Ladders can be too difficult for some. 

Yes it's causing some concern based on the pictures seen so far. Not everyone wants to be winched in!

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Unlike at the International Café, the Pastry Shop baristas said that only specialty coffees are available but not brewed coffee.  It’s possible to pay for a Caffe Americano...an espresso diluted with hot water.

That was okay for me because the free filtered coffee made from ground coffee in the Royal-class buffets was fine for me & was better than that made from coffee concentrate on their other ships.

Dear Astro Flyer,

Sorry. Just off the Regal. Coffee in the SLOOPP line are as well dining halls was Syrup Based.

FYI in horror we found all the eating areas say 11:00 pm closed but naught they turned cruisers away at 10:40 PM. Yes right after leaving the Late show.. you were not even able to get PIZZA even well except from Room Service with a Charge. Oh BTW they were out every nighjt of many items on the Room Service menue in yiour suite/cabins.

CAN YA HEAR US PRINCESS?

12 minutes ago, AAAAmerican said:

Sorry. Just off the Regal. Coffee in the SLOOPP line are as well dining halls was Syrup Based.

Here’s a photo of the Regal’s buffet coffee machines which uses Ground Coffee like on every Royal-class ship...not from Syrup.

57A48BBB-691A-4791-8B8D-1ADDCA8783C7.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Kind of surprised there are no pools with stairs. Given the more mature demographic hat Princess tends to cater to you would think there would be. Ladders can be too difficult for some. 

My guess is the stairs are added later and aren't part of the pool superstructure.

image_720x_.jpg

• Like 1

I’m worried that my favourite area for watching the wake later at night on the Regal has been removed for the back pool. Anyone have any info/pics on the sitting area outside the back of the buffet? We love having breakfast back there, it’s our go to place to avoid breakfast crowds while we wait to disembark, and we always gather there at the end of the night, before bed, to quietly watch the waves. 

Edited by h-sar

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

where on the SKY is that pool located ?

The infinity pool is the new Wakeview pool on the back of the ship on Lido deck

Artist's impression:

wakeview.thumb.jpg.bb5442aec94204ccc35189e5d87272a5.jpg

Deck plan:

wakeview2.JPG.27221a277067c21564b6679853de53cc.JPG

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h-sar said:

I’m worried that my favourite area for watching the wake later at night has been removed for the back pool. Anyone have any info/pics on the sitting area outside the back of the buffet? We love having breakfast back there, it’s our go to place to avoid breakfast crowds while we wait to disembark, and we always gather there at the end of the night, before bed, to quietly watch the waves. 

Yes we loved the comfy sofas and chairs there on the Regal and Royal for relaxing - we'll find out very soon I'm sure whether we get anything other than loungers in that area!

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Dides, for the artist rendering. Zooming in, it looks like there will be some tables and chairs behind the loungers, set up for overflow buffet seating. Reassuring. I will very much miss the wicker sofa and chairs where the pool is now, though.

Wondering if the location of the pool so close to the buffet will result In people walking through the buffet food areas wet and in bathing suits. I am all about live and let live when it comes to dress code, but do get skeeved out when someone else’s pool time crosses paths with my interior dining time, LOL.

Looks like the 2nd video has been posted. As with the first one, not the best quality, but, hey, at least the fellow’s taking the time and effort to give us an insider’s look! Good look at the Sanctuary at 2:38. Looks like he’s now moving on to work on Enchanted.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Wondering if the location of the pool so close to the buffet will result In people walking through the buffet food areas wet and in bathing suits. I am all about live and let live when it comes to dress code, but do get skeeved out when someone else’s pool time crosses paths with my interior dining time, LOL.

Agree.  I don’t let many things bother me on a cruise, but that is the main one.  Reminds me of another cruise line.

Safe Journeys, Paul