Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on this photo Princess Live is open to the hallway with furniture that’s more like a lounge than a TV studio...the Sky’s version looks more like the Explorers Lounge that was eliminated from Royal-class ships.

5BC4BE61-CA6B-4809-87E6-9F1A90C7A40E.jpeg

Yes, I posted these other pictures earlier in the thread - no more tv studio but tables and comfy seats!

plive1.jpg.9e102829b0fd642a0f2a3c6ec034aae7.jpg

plive3.jpg.e9e78791e1de339ba511a00952795429.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dides said:

Yes, I posted these other pictures earlier in the thread - no more tv studio but tables and comfy seats!

Thanks dides & I greatly appreciate all of your photos... in less than 3 weeks I’ll get the see the Sky in person. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks dides & I greatly appreciate all of your photos... in less than 3 weeks I’ll get the see the Sky in person. 😁

You're welcome - it's 6 days for us!

Sandra

13 minutes ago, antsp said:

Well at least Princess has listened to all the bad feedback from the original princess lives and have vastly improved the space

I have to confess, I didn’t go into Princess Live once on my last 6 Regal cruises. Did notice it was often standing room only as I walked by. Was thinking to check out Voice of the Ocean this time (if that’s where it happens) as will have nieces along who will enjoy it. Those of you who frequented P.Live...do you think capacity will be severely reduced with the comfier seating? 

1 hour ago, h-sar said:

I’m just sad that my favourite seating area has been taken over for al fresco dining on both sides ☹️. Also wondering how many people will sit there long after their meals are over, nursing a coffee, and keeping others from the al fresco dining, because the views of the water will be stunning. 

Though we've only been on NCL once, so not much of a data point, we didn't notice the Al Fresco/outside dining to be hugely crowded, but doubtless you're correct. Still, they do it much better than Princess's attempt....

Related image

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Looking forward to your impressions of this ship.We don't board until December.

As a few others have noted, I too have been disappointed in the lack of stairs into the

pools but noticed something different about the ladders. They look like they may extend to make it  like stairs. Hope someone can check this out.😊

42 minutes ago, masterty said:

If anyone on the Sky is taking requests, I would love to see the Ocean Terrace menu. 

Until that happens, here is a link to one.  Not sure it is current, but gives you an idea what was on the Royal and Regal.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr201_ocean_terrace.pdf

Hope it works.

Mangia, Paul

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Though we've only been on NCL once, so not much of a data point, we didn't notice the Al Fresco/outside dining to be hugely crowded, but doubtless you're correct. Still, they do it much better than Princess's attempt....

Beautiful al fresco venue on NCL! 

Edited by h-sar

6 hours ago, Mom33 said:

Looking forward to your impressions of this ship.We don't board until December.

As a few others have noted, I too have been disappointed in the lack of stairs into the

pools but noticed something different about the ladders. They look like they may extend to make it  like stairs. Hope someone can check this out.😊

Will report back! 😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Related image

This looks amazing.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1