Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

On 10/15/2019 at 4:48 PM, Lucky TGO said:

To whom it may concern. I will be getting up at 6:30 a.m. everyday. If I see towels on a lounge chair and no one there I’am going to put them in a big pile.

Then go back to bed.  Chair hogs beware. I will be looking for this thick also. (See Photo)
Tony

6241F901-B391-4556-9572-7971411CE2AA.jpeg

ROFL!! 

Thank you, Tony! It's about time someone pushed back at the chair hogs!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dides said:

And another pic

oceanview2.jpg

Very nice but it’s a shame there aren’t a couple of chairs and a small table in the window area.

We have one of the window suites on a future TA. Hoping to see pictures of those soon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Very nice but it’s a shame there aren’t a couple of chairs and a small table in the window area.

We have one of the window suites on a future TA. Hoping to see pictures of those soon.

This pic looks like a WS. The ceiling lights look that in suites. The other furniture is just probably not in the frame. 

57 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

This pic looks like a WS. The ceiling lights look that in suites. The other furniture is just probably not in the frame. 

46 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

This could be a window suite;  look at the room surrounding the bed.  Regular oceanview rooms don't have that much space

Was thinking the same. The cabin in the other picture is narrower than this one.

There are a couple of bloggers I follow on social media who are onboard (Cruise With B&D and Gary Bembridge). I asked specifically about the Window Suites on Twitter. Apparently they are touring cabins at some point so will hopefully get to film / photograph them.

The Sky suite looks wonderful. I love the designs and the colors. That balcony is to die for too.  Looks pretty far from the MUTS though.  At least for me.  Wouldn't really be able to enjoy a film.  Fairly decent when they show sports on the screen though I bet.  Would need an almost obnoxious sized screen for it to be practical to watch from the Sky balcony.

The Window Suite looks lovely too.  That extra floor space is nice.  Definitely should have some chairs by the window.  I'd never get a WS, by choice though.  I need the balcony of the MS or Suite.  I use them way too often, to just relax and watch the waves, get some air, and snap tons of photos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

This could be a window suite;  look at the room surrounding the bed.  Regular oceanview rooms don't have that much space

Well the Princess UK rep who posted the pic said it was an Oceanview

6 hours ago, dides said:

And another pic

oceanview2.jpg

37 minutes ago, dides said:

Well the Princess UK rep who posted the pic said it was an Oceanview

The narrower room photo looks like the Premium/Deluxe Oceanview (different terms used on printed deck plans & on website; 6 on Sun deck forward) picture on their website.  On our Sky cruise those 6 cabins cost as much as a balcony cabin but with only 6 of them they were quickly booked.

Checking descriptions of those cabins, S106 is a Wheelchair Accessible cabin which is likely the photo with more room around the bed.

97E9036D-F055-4CE9-B192-47BC0B81E6CE.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

The narrower room photo looks like the Premium Oceanview (6 on Sun deck forward) picture on their website.  On our Sky cruise those 6 cabins cost as much as a balcony cabin but with only 6 of them they were quickly booked.

Checking descriptions of those cabins, S106 is a Wheelchair Accessible cabin which is likely the photo with more room around the bed.

97E9036D-F055-4CE9-B192-47BC0B81E6CE.jpeg

Look at the ceiling. The light fixture in the soffit is only in the suite (mini suite too). 

8 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Look at the ceiling. The light fixture in the soffit is only in the suite (mini suite too). 

Thanks...there are two Window Suites (S107/S108) on Sun deck forward however the image displayed doesn’t look like the slightly larger one dides posted...in only 2 days passengers will board the Sky & maybe we’ll soon have a definitive answer.

074754FD-98AB-499C-B0C1-5006748EE939.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Astro Flyer,  Thanks for the pictures describing the window cabins;  we shall see which is the true window suite and which is a oceanview cabin.  Have a great day.

Dides;  your friend may well be totally correct and both pics are oceanview or premium ocean view cabins

Two enlarged pictures of the back (side adjacent to Retreat Cabanas) of Sky Suite Balcony (courtesy of Cruise Trade News and Charlotte Humphrey) sure seems to lack a bit of privacy.  A tall person would appear to be able to peer into the area.  I was a bit concerned about the MUTS side, but this side appears to be a bit open.  Another picture, (I couldn’t post because there was a person in the pic) even has a door in the border to apparently have direct access to the Cabana area.

Definitely interesting.  

Safe Journeys, Paul 

C36982EF-2AEE-4490-9975-5C947192C579.png

9AB152CF-0A6D-4C9A-9748-D686E0BF52F0.png

As you can tell, I am curious about Sky Suites!  This is a picture of the MUTS side of the Sky Suite balcony.  The red area is supposed to be the private area of the balcony for Sky Suite to watch MUTS (note the speaker! And loungers).  But why the doors (the brown door would lead into the hallway) in the green area?  In case Princess wants to open it up to passengers?  For room service access while watching MUTS?  Curious minds want to know!!  The other screenshot is the current diagram on the Princess website showing this area of the balcony.

Please comment if anyone is a current passenger.  Thanks, Paul

A5D41E2F-E5D5-4B01-81C1-769394392E3F.jpeg

5FDFAA23-D8F7-4EDF-B5B4-5EF03B9CB8D0.jpeg

11 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

These are the photos of Window Suite. The other is only the Oeanview Cabin. 

2EBB0E7C-418E-48C9-B997-012C4C459FB8.jpeg

1323844D-45CF-4C5F-880C-4FFA25ED1A07.jpeg

39DBB8CB-3535-4D95-B450-35C707078740.jpeg

4A0DF6A1-FDEF-4AD2-A886-2122302E8894.jpeg

69D89187-E683-4ACA-AAEF-03970766E8DF.jpeg

A132BF7B-4F4D-4706-A33E-AFD5BFE8BB1C.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I love it! I imagine that room could get very warm with those angled windows. In Alaska though, it would be amazing! Maybe we will get one of these new ships on the west coast!

Beginning on 3/1/22 the Discovery Princess sails that Spring from LA to the Mexican Riviera & CA Coastal cruises before likely cruising Alaska that Summer.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1