Where to dive, snorkel or tour off Miracle

teach4

Hi! We have a group of 6 certified divers heading out on the Miracle on Jan. 29th. Ports are GC, Coz., Belize, Costa Maya. We would like to get suggestions for the best ports to dive and where we should just plan to snorkel or do other excursions, like seeing ruins. Is it possible to dive anywhere around Stingray City in GC? If not, is there enough time to do a 2-tank dive and then go back to see the rays? Is there a place to store our personal dive gear between diving and snorkeling? :confused: Thanks for any help, Mel

HI TEACH

I took that same cruise and dove Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Belize. Belize, the dive boat pulled up along side the Miracle and picked us up. It was a great dive. the Boat ride out to the dive shop took about 45 min. And than another 1/2 hour out to the 1st dive. Cozumel was almost as good as Belize. We did drift diving there. Not as many fish along the wall. Belize was the best for seeing fish all kinds. Grand Cayman was the worst Dive. No fish No nothing. In two dive's there I saw 3 fish and nothing else. The water temp in all 3 places was in the 80s. you needed no wet suit at 60ft I hope you have fun If you are going to dive 1 place make it Belize if 2 places Cozumel and Belize.

In Costa Maya we went on a great excursion to some ruins with David and Ivan. Here is their website: http://www.chacchobenruins.com/ It was a great excursion. Not too many people were on the excursion and David was a wealth of information.

I have posted some pictures of the ruins and then hanging out at the beach at Majahual.

Here is the link for that: http://community.webshots.com/album/527685047YCNWgf

Hi! We have a group of 6 certified divers heading out on the Miracle on Jan. 29th. Ports are GC, Coz., Belize, Costa Maya. We would like to get suggestions for the best ports to dive and where we should just plan to snorkel or do other excursions, like seeing ruins. Is it possible to dive anywhere around Stingray City in GC? If not, is there enough time to do a 2-tank dive and then go back to see the rays? Is there a place to store our personal dive gear between diving and snorkeling? :confused: Thanks for any help, Mel

Hi

I don't dive - but I've heard that the Blue Hole is supposed to be good. You would do that one in Belize.:)

I have three trips set for next week. We are using Neptunesdivers in Cayman, ship trip in belize, Emerald Dolphin Diving in Cozumel. I have used Emerald Dolphin before and Tony and Suzanne are great. I'll post again when I get back. Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott

Archived