Celebrity Xpedition / Gallopagos & Machu Pichu

#1cruisecoach

We are taking this cruise in May. I have been reading many reviews, but I have not read anything about dinner dress. Any suggestions on packing would be much appreciated. Thank you

No formal nights. I don't remember anyone wearing shorts. We went March 2015.

Tom

We were there last June. Most people dressed smart casual; men in khakis or dress slacks and button down shirts; women in nice slacks/skirts and sweaters/blouses. While a few women wore sequins, most did not. No need to pack the good jewelry. I wore the same neckless and earrings the entire trip.

This held true for the Peru extension also. All the hotels have very nice restaurants and everyone was suitable attired. Mix and match works better than dresses, IMO. In two weeks, we got to know some people’s wardrobes quite well!

Pack as light as you can. A travel clothesline was our best friend, as were lightweight, quick drying clothes. You may need to change several times a day depending on the level of excursions you choose.

Edited by sunpsyche
Spelling

We just did this cruise in October and the dress is very casual. Most of the guys wore jeans or shorts to dinner and women wore lightweight dresses. I did the cruise three years ago as well and most everyone on that trip dressed very casually as well. You will have a fantastic time!!

We did this cruise last November and everyone dressed extremely casual. On our cruise some did wear shorts and a Tommy Bahama type shirt to dinner. Don't overpack. You are off the ship most of the day and I wore a rash guard and swim shorts for shore excursions with good hiking shoes.

This is a terrific cruise.....be comfortable!

Not sure if you have read through any of the threads in this forum (this is the third). :https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069149

You can use the "Search Forum" feature in the top left for dinner attire, packing, clothing, etc.

I have found the information of great value. We are eager for our trip in November. And although I cannot comment with personal experience, the general consensus is very casual clothing for dinner - shorts and T-shirts are fine as mentioned. Many said they would shower after the days' excursions and dress for dinner in their clothing for the next day. For sure - DH will not be packing any button-down shirts or dress pants, he has a few of the lightweight synthetic blend. pants that are meant for outdoor activity No skirts or dresses for me. For the land portion we will include an outfit that one might consider smart casual; nice capris, simple solid color tops (to which I can add a scarf), and a couple of lightweight collared golf shirts for DH.

I'm glad to hear it's casual!! That's the impression I was getting, but you never know. When I mentioned to my husband he may need to bring khakis and a button down shirt, his comment was, I don't think so.....I know some people love to dress for dinner, but sequins seem pretty formal for someone like me:'):').:')

We go in January 2019, so it's still a long way off!! We cannot wait! We have really loved reading this thread...it helps with the long wait.

Mary

We did this trip about 4 years ago and during the land portion of the trip we stayed at some very upmarket hotels so you may want pack something suitable for these hotels -

https://www.lhw.com/hotel/Country-Club-Lima-Hotel-Lima-Peru

https://www.belmond.com/hotels/south-america/peru/cusco/belmond-hotel-monasterio/

Our March 2015 trip was a celebration of our 45th anniversary. I asked the restaurant manager if he could make us a chocolate cake. He did, no extra charge. For our 50th, we are planning a Royal Caribbean cruise with family.

Very casual and if your on the expedition tiny cabins. As people have said off ship all day with excursions and very relaxed atmosphere, bring a hat for during the days as the sun is hot. The bees are also attracted to bright colors so go muted.

We stayed at the JW pre/post on the ten day package and that was casual as well.

Trip of a lifetime / although we plan on going back. Enjoy all the Galapagos has to offer. So beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi nesheiml,

We were originally scheduled to go on January 27, but ended up changing to January 13 because the date worked better for some friends. It started out being just Dan and I and now there are 11 couples going!! Who knew this would be the trip everyone wanted to take? Although what an exciting trip! I can't wait.

I see you're from Minneapolis...my husband grew up there and we lived there for a few years.