Name of Drink In Pineapple

cruzluver

I guess I missed out...we didn't see anything served in pineapples. I do LOVE coco locos though, they are very good.

It's Coco Loco time!!!:D

There was a thread on here a little while ago with a few "recipes" for coco locos if you were interested in making one.

Tupper - Pink? Hmmm...It almost sounds like you had the mango tango in yours. Odd, or maybe it was just the lighting in the ship that made it look pink.

Tupper - Pink? Hmmm...It almost sounds like you had the mango tango in yours. Odd, or maybe it was just the lighting in the ship that made it look pink.

Maybe it was the pink of the moonlight? lol....it is rather interesting to hear they use different recipes based on the ship. My first "Coco" was ON Coco, but the next was on Caribbean Night onboard. I am wondering if they use 2 different recipes on the same sailing-one being on the island and another onboard.

For the poster who missed them....Yes...you usually find these at the pool deck party on Caribbean night. So sorry, you missed them. However, I couldn't find a way to eat the pineapple after drinking it anyway, so it was just the novelty of having it in a real pineapple VS a souvenir glass you can take home. Personally, I wish I had the extra glass now.

Mango? Hmmm....didn't taste "Mangoey",but it did taste good regardless. I was too excited about having it IN the pineapple, I wasn't comparing the taste from island to ship. I guess I "Can't have the Mango!" (at least on this trip)...lol. I guess this also means I need to have at least 3 on my next cruise, so I can compare and know for sure what they are doing from island to onboard.

Maybe it was the pink of the moonlight? lol....it is rather interesting to hear they use different recipes based on the ship. My first "Coco" was ON Coco, but the next was on Caribbean Night onboard. I am wondering if they use 2 different recipes on the same sailing-one being on the island and another onboard.

For the poster who missed them....Yes...you usually find these at the pool deck party on Caribbean night. So sorry, you missed them. However, I couldn't find a way to eat the pineapple after drinking it anyway, so it was just the novelty of having it in a real pineapple VS a souvenir glass you can take home. Personally, I wish I had the extra glass now.

Mango? Hmmm....didn't taste "Mangoey",but it did taste good regardless. I was too excited about having it IN the pineapple, I wasn't comparing the taste from island to ship. I guess I "Can't have the Mango!" (at least on this trip)...lol. I guess this also means I need to have at least 3 on my next cruise, so I can compare and know for sure what they are doing from island to onboard.

LOL, the moonlight DOES do strange things. I didn't go to the pool deck party on Caribbean night :( , one of the things that I missed out on. We went to Chops to eat that night and my DH had a wicked sunburn on his back from snorkeling in St.Thomas so he was getting miserable (and we were exhausted) so we called it an early night. The pineapple drink sounds cool though...very festive :D.

Oh, but I think you have found a very IMPORTANT experiment here!!! I think it should be your job to taste a coco loco at every bar on board and at every stop. Just so you can do a comparison of how they make them ;) . Also, each day could be different you know...so you may have to do this more than one day. If you don't mind, I would like to share in this responsibility on my next sailing :D . I love coco locos..they are so good!

I love them! My first was on coco cay, I can still hear the chant...It's coco loco time!! great memories they are. The recipe in the drink recipe book they sell turns out a pinkish color. It is delicious. DH has gotten quite good at maling them. It does call for grenadine which gives it the color I think.

Debbie

If you think the Coco Locos are good now, you should have had one they way they used to make them...with blenders and their own yummy pina colada mix--instead of those Oasis machines (which don't blend enough!) and the pre-mixed mix. My bar tab has gone waaaaaay down since they started using the Oasis machines!:mad:

Archived