Cruise Critic Community
Host Sharon

P&O drinks prices and packages

Yes. All adults in the cabin have to have the same package to sop that. 

As a solo traveller I would be livid if I had paid for a package (which I won't) and next door were sharing the same package between two (or three) and had paid the same. 

If I had a package for myself ( I’m sharing a cabin with my daughter ) and I had a pint on the table. Could I order a cocktail for her to drink 15 min later ? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dazlight said:

If I had a package for myself ( I’m sharing a cabin with my daughter ) and I had a pint on the table. Could I order a cocktail for her to drink 15 min later ? 

All adults sharing a cabin must purchase the same package. So a pint out of your package, and the cocktail would be from your daughter's package. So the 15 min rule wouldn't apply.

Edited by FangedRose

Providing your daughter was the legal age and you had a kindly waiter who looked the other way, it may work.     This is, I think, where the drinks package, ie: everybody in the same cabin must have the package or nobody has it, is falling down.   It may be that you don’t want your daughter to drink this much.  In which case, I think it may be better to ‘pay as you go’.   Have a wonderful holiday.

My daughter is 13. 

My wife is in the other cabin with our other daughter of 11. 

So would only have to buy one package.

as the cruise in August has a lot of port days it might not be worth it. 

11 minutes ago, dazlight said:

My daughter is 13. 

My wife is in the other cabin with our other daughter of 11. 

So would only have to buy one package.

as the cruise in August has a lot of port days it might not be worth it. 

You confused us saying you would but your daughter a cocktail! I'm assuming you meant a mocktail. 

The rules about 15 min gap and 15 drinks per day only apply to alcoholic drinks.

13 hours ago, dazlight said:

Sorry was meant to write my wife a drink 🤦🏼‍♂️🤔

No because that would be sharing it with your wife 

Didn't think so. Think over the whole holiday cheaper to go pay as you go. 

If you try to beat the system by stealing a drink for someone else to drink who doesn't have the package you might find you are off at the next port. Its against your customer contract.

I used to leave my receipts lying about on the tables in the bars until someone ran up an £80 booze bill by quoting my name and cabin number. The pursar dug out all the receipts and none of them were signed, I'm guessing the waiter(s) got at least a reprimand. I am now much more careful!

Good evening Tom.  Thank you for sharing this, a lesson for you - but a timely warning for others.  It’s always useful to check the on board statement every so often, to make sure that you can recognise the items on it.

Other thing is you would be drinking more to make it worth the money. Not a good idea really. 

Like me someone said if it was pick a day it would be worth it. Sounds hassle with the wine at the table too. 

With the gratuities being removed on future cruises, does this include drinks?

Not sailed with P&O before only American cruise lines, where 15% is automatically added to any drinks.

On P and O, my understanding has always been that a percentage has already been included in the price the drink.   It is not added on afterwards.

6 minutes ago, Paddcomp said:

Not sailed with P&O before only American cruise lines, where 15% is automatically added to any drinks.

They were never added to drinks, drinks are the same reasonable price they've always been. 

Wine waiters get tips on the drinks they sell, it is already included in the shown price.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Paddcomp said:

As the others have said the price you see is the price you pay with no additional charges.

The waiters that serve you in the bars and other on board venues are paid a commission on the amount of drinks they sell.

You also get a loyalty club discount applied which varies depending on your tier.

Thats one of the things we like about P&O.

Enjoy. 

Edited by P-L-B

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you still buy a wine package as opposed to the drinks package?  If so, has anyone got a link to the current wine package offers?  I've looked everywhere I can think of - general Google search, CP,  and Faq's with no success. I remember they used to be available to view but all I get is redirected on P&O's site to their Home page.  

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you still buy a wine package as opposed to the drinks package?  If so, has anyone got a link to the current wine package offers?  I've looked everywhere I can think of - general Google search, CP,  and Faq's with no success. I remember they used to be available to view but all I get is redirected on P&O's site to their Home page.  

Hi,

as far as I know there are 4 drinks packages - the ‘Ultimate’ - includes nearly everything, the ‘non-alcoholic’, the ‘hot drinks’ and the ‘children’s’ - there is no specific wine package anymore - hope this link works!

https://www.pocruises.com/onboard-activities/bars-and-lounges

Wine packages.  Has the Captain’s choice and the Commodore ‘s choice which you could choose at dinner been discontinued?

41 minutes ago, shopaholic6 said:

Hi,

as far as I know there are 4 drinks packages - the ‘Ultimate’ - includes nearly everything, the ‘non-alcoholic’, the ‘hot drinks’ and the ‘children’s’ - there is no specific wine package anymore - hope this link works!

https://www.pocruises.com/onboard-activities/bars-and-lounges

Thanks for that.  I guess that's why I've not been able to track down a wine package!  No big deal - we'll just buy bottles off the wine menu.  We have quite a few favourites!

We have just returned from Britannia and both wine packages were available, we had the captains choice which had a decent selection. Please be aware that you can't use wine packages in The Glasshouse, and if you want them in the Limelight club you may have to ask in advance for the wine you have as the wine waiters will have to fetch the wine from store/bar.It was useful but would get one next time we cruise.Overall we felt the drinks package was expensive. We drank what we wanted beers,wine G&T, cook tails, and it was much cheaper than drinks package.