Cruise Critic Community
Host Sharon

P&O drinks prices and packages

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

My feeling is that 3 bottles between two of you  is only 100ml over the limit, so go for broke!

As an aside,  no body checks - the security staff have more important things to look for than the odd extra bottle of wine.

I’m surprised a Scot like myself didn’t think of that? Thanks, worth a try.

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Go to roll calls, select find my roll call, enter ship/sailing etc, if not there, click on 'can't find roll call' and it gives you instructions there. 

There is probably an easier way, but I just started one by following the above. 

Good luck. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy

Hi, We will be on Arcadia in April and drink quite a lot of draught soft drinks, does anyone know if the kids drinks packages are available to purchase for adults, the p&o website suggest that it is but wondered if anyone has experience of doing this. Many thanks for your help. 

4 hours ago, Cuthbertz said:

Hi, We will be on Arcadia in April and drink quite a lot of draught soft drinks, does anyone know if the kids drinks packages are available to purchase for adults, the p&o website suggest that it is but wondered if anyone has experience of doing this. Many thanks for your help. 

You would need to buy the adult package at £19.95 pp per day.  Both adults in the cabin have to purchase the package.  Full details are on the P&O FAQ page.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, wowzz said:

You would need to buy the adult package at £19.95 pp per day.  Both adults in the cabin have to purchase the package.  Full details are on the P&O FAQ page.

Not sure if this new but, you can buy you’re drink package before you sail now, well its available on our cruise personaliser for the Caribbean in a few weeks’ time.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, wowzz said:

They have changed the rules, adults can now buy the childrens soft drinks package @ £7.95 pp PD. All passengers in a cabin have to buy it. I have just purchased it for my wife and I.

10 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

They have changed the rules, adults can now buy the childrens soft drinks package @ £7.95 pp PD. All passengers in a cabin have to buy it. I have just purchased it for my wife and I.

That sounds like good news, but what is the difference between the adults and kids package to justify the price difference?

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

That sounds like good news, but what is the difference between the adults and kids package to justify the price difference?

Andy 

The children's package is limited to the following:-

• Unlimited draught soft drinks, such as lemonade and cola 
  • Selected juices
  • Primo/small hot chocolates

The Adult soft drink package :-

• Unlimited draught soft drinks, selected juices, mocktails 
  • Primo Costa coffees, teapigs™ teas, hot chocolates 
  • Small bottled water (500ml only)

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

The children's package is limited to the following:-

• Unlimited draught soft drinks, such as lemonade and cola 
  • Selected juices
  • Primo/small hot chocolates

The Adult soft drink package :-

• Unlimited draught soft drinks, selected juices, mocktails 
  • Primo Costa coffees, teapigs™ teas, hot chocolates 
  • Small bottled water (500ml only)

Oh I see, thank you. 

Posh coffee, water and mocktails then. 

Andy 

Very naive question I have been unable to trace an answer to. How do P&O staff know you have a drinks package and which one you have? 

1 minute ago, Orianababes said:

Very naive question I have been unable to trace an answer to. How do P&O staff know you have a drinks package and which one you have? 

It is added to your account and identified by your cruise card I believe, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, Orianababes said:

The data is contained in your cruise card, a simple swipe lets the waiter know if you have a drinks package or not.

9 hours ago, Orianababes said:

They also put a small sticker on the card, well they did when we purchased it.

13 hours ago, Orianababes said:

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It is added to your account and identified by your cruise card I believe, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

Andy 

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The data is contained in your cruise card, a simple swipe lets the waiter know if you have a drinks package or not.

Unlike the draft beer package.  While we were on Azura and Ventura last year, the draft beer package used a separate card.  The staff then marked off each drink until the card was used up.

Personally I would have preferred it if the beer package was simply added to your cruise card like other drinks packages (apart from wine packages) as I left my beer card in the cabin one day and was too lazy to go back for it.

For information

On the current 35 night Ventura cruise they were offering 10 nights free when buying the drinks package for the full cruise

That will be £2000 per couple, we certainly have never come anywhere near that for drinks, on our round trip Caribbean cruises!

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

That will be £2000 per couple, we certainly have never come anywhere near that for drinks, on our round trip Caribbean cruises!

Agree

We were on the previous 35 night-er and I didn’t see that offer - however, I would not have been looking for it, having already done the calculations 😳

IMO you’d need to be a total caffeine-addicted bar-fly to make the package work in your favour!  Factor in that premium-ish drinks, like their perfect serve gins, fall outside the price limit and it’s a total no-no.  
There were tables in the atrium  and bored looking staff sitting waiting to sign people up but I didn’t see anyone taking up the offer

On 2/12/2020 at 8:59 PM, bobstheboy said:

I dont get it. Those packages are “all inclusive” packages for just 7£? . What about hard liquor, wine and other drinks? They all come in separate packages? Where can I see the prices? Or they vary from cruise to cruise?

17 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I dont get it. Those packages are “all inclusive” packages for just 7£? . What about hard liquor, wine and other drinks? They all come in separate packages? Where can I see the prices? Or they vary from cruise to cruise?

Scroll back up through this thread. Prices etc have been posted many, many times

37 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Scroll back up through this thread. Prices etc have been posted many, many times

Or look on the P&O web page.

Have P&O said why 2 adults have to purchase the drinks package ?

Surely you could have a different glass or a sticker on it to prove the person on the package is using it correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk