Cruise Critic Community
Host Sharon

P&O drinks prices and packages

For Reference

The Ultimate drinks package

Terms & Conditions 2019

What is Included
• The Ultimate drinks package is £39.95 per person, per day and includes an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and wines by the glass retailing up to £6.95 per serving as listed on our menus, subject to availability. Spirits will be served in single measures only with a draught soda or long life juice mixer.
• The package includes bottled water (500ml only), draught soft drinks, long life juices, primo Costa coffees, teas, hot chocolates, nonalcoholic
cocktails.
• In addition, the Ultimate drinks package provides a 20% discount on the following excluded items: any drinks retailing above £6.95, all bottles of wine, large bottles of water, canned or bottled premium soft drinks or juices and smoothies.
• Loyalty discount will be applied when purchasing the Ultimate drinks package. Package Details and Qualifications
• Each adult assigned to the same cabin must purchase the Ultimate drinks package. Sharing is not permitted.
• The Ultimate drinks package applies to every day a guest is sailing other than day of disembarkation and is not offered on a per day basis. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s cruise are NOT accepted. For avoidance of doubt if the cruise is advertised as a seven night cruise, then seven shall be applied as the multiplier to the price of the package.
• The package is purchased on board on the first two days of your cruise. If you opt to purchase your package on day two, you pay only for the remaining nights of the cruise.
• The package is STRICTLY NOT refundable or transferable once purchased on board. If the package is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable
no later than three days prior to departure. A full refund will be applied to the credit/debit card used to make the original payment.
• Only one drink at a time may be ordered. There is a minimum 15 minute wait time between ordering drinks. Sharing is not permitted

• Items selected that exceed the £6.95 are charged at full menu price minus a 20% discount (the difference cannot be paid).
• The Ultimate drinks package is not available for Charter Cruises. Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Ultimate drinks package. Anyone under the age of 18 (under 21 when in USA and UAE waters) may not purchase the Ultimate drinks package.

Exclusions and Limitations
• The Ultimate drinks package excludes any drinks retailing above £6.95, all bottles of wine, large bottles of water (750ml/1.5L), canned or bottled premium soft drinks or juices and smoothies.
• The package does not apply to bottled spirits, bottled wine or any items offered in shops on board.
• The package cannot be used for Room Service or Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar.
• The Ultimate drinks package excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.
• The package excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, On-board Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Cocktail Masterclasses, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One free or multi-buy offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale in all food and beverage venues.
• The package may be used at all food and beverage venues and other areas such as public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offering and operating hours.
• P&O Cruises reserves the right to introduce exclusions or limitations without prior notice.
• The package is only available on cruises of five nights or more. For avoidance of doubt, the cruise element must be advertised as at least a five night cruise.
• Pricing is subject to change without prior notice and price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price. Packages purchased in advance may vary from on-board pricing due to timing, currency fluctuations and other factors. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such variances.
• Local tax may apply for certain ports or itineraries.
• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 am to 6 am). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices. The programme is subject to our Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy which requires bar staff not to serve those they believe to be over a reasonable level of inebriation.
• Ordering a double shot or a large glass of wine is not permitted under the programme as it counts as two drinks.
• All bottles and cans will be served opened.
• Guests may purchase a r ound of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the Ultimate drinks package and theremaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s account at full price.
• Shipboard management reserves the right to refuse the service of alcohol at any time in accordance with our policy for the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
• Shipboard management also reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Ultimate drinks package at any point
during a guest’s cruise for any reason without a refund, as appropriate. A guest’s beverage package may be forfeited if they:
Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
Exhibit behaviour that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Found a flaw that my girlfriend & I are going to exploit. We are mainly soft drink people(coke/Pepsi) and in the T&C's for the kids package, it says that anyone can purchase the package regardless of age. So we're going to save £12 pppd and go for that! 

22 minutes ago, chris11256 said:

Found a flaw that my girlfriend & I are going to exploit. We are mainly soft drink people(coke/Pepsi) and in the T&C's for the kids package, it says that anyone can purchase the package regardless of age. So we're going to save £12 pppd and go for that! 

That's very interesting, it would be good to hear how this works for you in practice. I also think that the childrens' package would suit me perfectly!

Good luck with that.  I drink red wine, but will not be taking the package.  To get my money’s worth, I would need to drink £40 worth of red wine per day.  No only is that irresponsible drinking, but I would be ill.

1 hour ago, chris11256 said:

I asked the other day on p&O facebook and they confirmed anyone can buy the kids package for themselves. Hope this works out.  They should rename it soda package or similar, most lines have a cheap soda package, Princess $8 a day and includes mocktails.

oh good - was hoping to buy the childrens package for the 3 children in one cabin - but thought i couldn't  as twins are 17. 

3 hours ago, waughy said:

oh good - was hoping to buy the childrens package for the 3 children in one cabin - but thought i couldn't  as twins are 17. 

Clearly states in T&Cs on P&O website that the Children's Drink Package is for anyone aged 16 and under.

48 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Clearly states in T&Cs on P&O website that the Children's Drink Package is for anyone aged 16 and under.

Yes, I thought I had seen that somewhere, that is why I will be interested to hear how chris11256 gets on.

2 minutes ago, Slugsta said:

Yes, I thought I had seen that somewhere, that is why I will be interested to hear how chris11256 gets on.

I read it in the T&C's PDF under the child drinks package. The 16 & under thing is when your purchase the ultimate package any children under 16 get a free package.

I've highlighted the bit that says anyone of any age can have the child's package.

Capture.JPG

I'm guessing but if its two adults you both need to buy the drinks package anyway before you get the kids package which would not apply?

Each adult assigned to the same cabin must purchase the Ultimate drinks package.

Edited by CCFC

The kids package is standalone and can be purchased separately.

Getting it free with the ultimate package is simply a benefit of the ultimate package.

Seems a little unfair to those traveling with 17 year olds. They can't purchase the ultimate drinks package or receive the soft drinks package even when in the same cabin as parents who purchase the UDP.

I travel with my disabled son, who will soon be 18 and will NEVER drink alcohol. I guess under the rules we would need to purchase 3 packages as we are all in the same room.

I would normally be interested in buying this type of package but I feel there are far too many restrictions with this one.  I'm particularly dubious about the quote:-   ''Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the Ultimate drinks package and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s account at full price".  So, if my husband ordered a drink for him and a drink for me, only his drink would be part of the drinks package, my drink would be chargeable.  

1 hour ago, cardiffian said:

I would normally be interested in buying this type of package but I feel there are far too many restrictions with this one.  I'm particularly dubious about the quote:-   ''Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the Ultimate drinks package and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s account at full price".  So, if my husband ordered a drink for him and a drink for me, only his drink would be part of the drinks package, my drink would be chargeable.  

In such an instance the waiter would take both your cruise cards

13 hours ago, cardiffian said:

You would both have the package anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

The Childrens Drink Package is only available on family friendly ships.

That is going to scupper my plans as our next 2 cruises will be on Arcadia!

We have been on RCC many times from Australia and unless you spend most of the day drinking, their drink packages are exorbitant and always in US dollars which doesn't convert well to Australian dollars. I guess it all depends on how much money you have , how much you drink  and whether you prefer convenience versus saving money but we are going on the Oriana from Southampton in May and we won't be looking for a drinks package.  Only once did we get talked into a coffee and soft-drink package and we would have been much better off to pay for drinks each time.

Interesting thread and I think the general feeling is that it is too expensive. I agree with that and also find that is is pretty unworkable unless you are a beer drinker in which case it will suit you fine. We have just retuned from28 days on Ventura. We don't drink very much doing the day but occasionally will have cider for me and a glass of house wine for Jenny, these would be covered on the package. Every evening we went to the Red bar for G&T's. I like the Andersons perfect serve which is excluded from the package as it is over the £6.95 limit and also a double and with a bottle of tonic. Jenny has a single Andersons (okay under the package) with a Slimline tonic (not allowed under the package as it is a can). Off to dinner then and our glasses of Red wine do not qualify under the package as they cost just over £7 each and that exceeds the £6.95 limit. The package also excluded large bottles of water, but my after dinner scotch would be okay as long as I don't have my usual double! The cost of the package for a 28 day cruise would be £2240. Our total append for the cruise was just a bit over £1500 and that's before the deduction of OBC and Peninsular club discount!(Gratuities are not included as I cancelled them on the second day).  Nuff said I think!

Peter and Jenny

I am thinking of buying the package but just want to ask

Me and my daughter like the costa frozen fruit drinks which are available to buy at the pool bar

Are these included in either the ultimate drinks package or the kids package or both

Thanks for any help

We're on the 99 day world cruise in 2020.....that's £7,920! (+ wine)

....that's a no go from me then !

21 hours ago, lofty64 said:

P&O will be really disappointed 🙂

I have cruised with P and O for many years and have noticed many ‘cut backs’.  More and more things on board now incur a charge, room service is now being charged for.  The charges used to be on certain items only.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, lofty64 said:

Shame, if you want to drop out then I'd fully understand and would go in your place...:)

On 2/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, Daddyglove said:

I am thinking of buying the package but just want to ask

Me and my daughter like the costa frozen fruit drinks which are available to buy at the pool bar

Are these included in either the ultimate drinks package or the kids package or both

Thanks for any help

Sorry, can't answer your question but I guess it also depends (longer term) on whether the Costa/P&O contract continues now that Costa is owned by Coca Cola as opposed to Whitbread???