Cruise Critic Community
jtdlmc

Spring break - San Juan

I booked a cruise on the Epic from San Juan leaving March 1, 2020. Where I am from Spring Break happens mid March and I never even thought about that when booking. What are the chances of a bunch of spring breakers sailing out of San Juan?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked a cruise on the Epic from San Juan leaving March 1, 2020. Where I am from Spring Break happens mid March and I never even thought about that when booking. What are the chances of a bunch of spring breakers sailing out of San Juan?

I would guess not likely. College students are looking for a 3/4 day cruise within driving distance of them. They’re likely not looking anywhere they would have to spend money on a plane ticket. I think you’ll be fine.

I would guess not likely. College students are looking for a 3/4 day cruise within driving distance of them. They’re likely not looking anywhere they would have to spend money on a plane ticket. I think you’ll be fine.

That makes me feel better! We are booked February 23, 2020, we usually cruise in Jan so I never even thought when we booked it about spring breakers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Slim to none. Sailed out of San Juan twice in mid-March for Spring Break with my kids.

Slim to none. Sailed out of San Juan twice in mid-March for Spring Break with my kids.

Airfare, hotel and food for 3 days in San Juan was as much or more than our cruise.

Awesome! Got a little worried when I read the post about the horrible experience someone else and didn't think they would fly to San Juan but thought I better check it out just in case.

Not to throw a wrench in to the works here, but do you guys realize that Puerto Rico is part of the United States, has many mainstream colleges and they do have Spring Break, right?