O Sheehan’s speed

odessy

I was on Gem a few years ago, and I remember the speed of service here was terrible, even when we were the only ones there. I was hoping it was an isolated issue because I loved going there for a quick drink or snack, but I keep reading reviews and seems like same issue fleetwide. Anyone have good reviews for o Sheehan’s? I was hoping to make this my go to when getting the munchies.

I was just on the Gem last month. We ate there once for breakfast and twice for lunch. The service was slower than other venues but not unreasonably slow. There was one server we had who seemed miserable but we also had her as a server in another of the restaurants and she was equally miserable in the other restaurant as well although she was adequate in both venues as a server. For breakfast I had the corned beef hash. It tasted good but way too much potato vs. corned beef.

I will eat there again but not if I am in a hurry.

On the other hand, when I was on the Escape last year, the service at O'Sheehan's was fast and the servers were very friendly.

Edited by JerseyMom
To Add Information

When we choose to eat there it’s because we don’t want the full waiter experience. We want comfort food and relaxed atmosphere and not fine dining. We’ve probably eaten there 20-30 times. On my mums last trip with us she wanted to eat there every night she saw it as a buffet with table service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’ve eaten there over twenty times. The food is good pub grub. The atmosphere casual and fun. The service is usually on par with the other ship restaurants. We enjoy going there for breakfast as well as lunch. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to make comments like the food is terrible or inedible is simply misleading people who want an honest assessment of the facility.

There are too many variables to answer this. Each ship is different and every sailing is different. Many years ago someone said O'Sheehans was a training restaurant and was the bottom of the food chain so to speak. I don't know if that is true. I have been there on different ships. I have had mixed experiences. Ironically when it was the busiest (rib night) the service was great. Sometimes coming back from an excursion and it was almost empty had very slow service. I think its a great place but unfortunately they took all the good stuff off the menu like their great and fresh pot pies and replaced them with hot dogs :eek:

Lets take the two posts I have seen from you today....paraphrasing...

What is the speed at O'Sheehans?

• Worst food ever...waiters are miserable....I would only eat there is nothing else if open

Is UDP a good deal?

• Only if you are a raging alcoholic.

I guess that makes the UDP the deal of a lifetime for me.

I like NCL's food. I didn't say that 5 or 10 years ago but now they do it right. With the exception of this one restaurant. This one I think it horribly over rated. Last week on the Epic we ate there only once and I told my family never again. It's like a low level Applebee's......much lower than Applebee's but that same similar style of food.

Our food came all at once. Our drinks come and then all at once our appetizer and main dishes came all at once. If I wanted my food out all at once, I would be eating in the buffet. This irritates me so I start looking around, over and over, this is the standard mode of this resteraunt. My advice, order your appetizer and then force that to come out first. Then order your main dish. Its unbelievable that they can't better work basic food service!

Then the food.....not good. It's dark, I could smell smoke. The buffet is a big step up.

I've never had issues at O'Sheehan's/Blue Lagoon. I love stopping in for breakfast, and the bar staff is usually my favorite. I'll eat at the bar sometimes just to hang out with the staff. I've only done small ships, but always had great service.

I was just on the Pearl. In my review, I mentioned 2 complaints on the ship, one was the amount of smoking allowed on the ship and the other was O'Sheehans.

O'Sheehans has 2 entrances, one "guarded" by a hostess the other door is just open so you can walk in. It seemed that you needed, or were supposed to, see the hostess to get seated but that was difficult. There was only often one hostess and she had to walk around the entire place to seat people and that left a line up that got quite long. In the meantime, other people were just walking in the other side and sitting down wherever. The service was slow but I think that was due to understaffing, and people just sitting everywhere so the poor server did not know who was who in the zoo :)

We have been on many NCL cruises and have always just sat at the railing overlooking the show, or at a table by the bar area, and have been waited on very quickly. On our most recent, January cruise on the Epic, we sat at the railing and couldn't get a waiter to notice us. We moved to a table by the bar and a waiter admonished us for not seeing the hostess first. We were kind of dumbfounded, based on our past experiences.

We have always enjoyed the pub fare at O'Sheehan's, including the reubens, fish and chips and the wings. The wings are tasty, but are the smallest I have ever seen, so if you are hungry, you had better ask for two orders.

7 months ago on the breakaway we ate there 3 times. the food was good! all three times the service was sloooooooowwww. the first two times we were there the place was all but empty, so i cannot figure that one out. the last time we went it was packed at breakfast so taking longer is understandable.

going on the gem next month, hoping the service is a bit quicker if we decide to eat there :)

Edited to add: we found the portions to be a bit on the smaller side and our server at breakfast was a HOOT!!!

Edited by disneynutssss

I love going to O Sheehan’ s early in the morning before most people are up. I enjoy a cappuccino and basket of pastries in the quiet, while reading a book or my emails. Service is always friendly and expedient. My husband rises a bit later and he meets me there and we either order breakfast at the pub, which is always good, or we go up to the buffet for breakfast. One of my favorite things to do on Norwegian!

I was on Gem a few years ago, and I remember the speed of service here was terrible, even when we were the only ones there. I was hoping it was an isolated issue because I loved going there for a quick drink or snack, but I keep reading reviews and seems like same issue fleetwide. Anyone have good reviews for o Sheehan’s? I was hoping to make this my go to when getting the munchies.

We have had slow service a couple of times but for the most part we have had no complaints. That is the biggest advantage to going to O'Sheehan's; quick service and fair diner style food.

washy washy/happy happy: have to disagree with you on the food. For what it is meant to be, it is pretty good: salads are good, fish and chips, normally are ok and the wings are good. That is for starters. It is on par with bar food on land and that is exactly what it is meant to be.

Have eaten at O'Sheehans at least 5 times on each of our NCL cruises. breakfasts are good, burgers are good, fish and chips are good and I love the chili dogs. On our last 2 cruises we haven't gotten around to the MDR at all.

Just got off the Epic last Saturday. The three times we ate at O'Sheehan's we had horrible service. One night we had to wait 15 minutes before anyone came over to take our order and then another 30 minutes to get our food. There were about 5 or 6 waiters just standing around while one girl took care of half the restaurant. If you wanted a drink, you were better off going over to the bar to get your own. I had been on the Epic the year before and service was far better last year than it was this year.

We loved O’Sheehans. The food came out in a strange order sometimes, but the waiter explained that it as because they came from different kitchens. He made sure to explain it upfront and we were fine with it.

I guess I read this too quickly because I saw "STRANGE ODOR" instead of "STRANGE ORDER". I was wondering how someone could be FINE with it once it was explained to them. Guess I need a vacation....

Have been to OSheehan's on the Pearl,Jewel,Dawn,Getaway,Escape,Epic and I think on the Sun( may still have been the Blue Lagoon) but with the exception of once on the Epic,service and food was just fine. I will say that the best of both were on the Escape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to wonder what is slow service to some? Not to mention, the service is usually a little better if you wait on the side with a hostess to be seated, not just walk in, as I have seen many do and plop down. Of course, I am sure some do not realized they need to be seated.

That being said, how many of us really need to sit down and be in a hurry when on a ship? Unless you have a reason just relax and enjoy the world as it sails by.:*

You have obviously never had the wings.

:hearteyes::mad:yuck! Thats the worst item! They bread them! Bone in wings are not supposed to be breaded. Was so disappoined the first time we ordered these after everyone talking up the wings on here.

[Rant]

There's no rules to wings. Dry rub, breaded, wet - it's all good! Looking at the photos online, they look very mildly breaded if at all. Given that 90% of people rave about the wings, I say try it for yourself. It's not like it's going to cost you any extra money!

There's only one thing i won't eat- raw tomatoes. But I don't complain that caprese salads are disgusting. I just don't order it. I'm sure others love it.

Go look at reviews for the same ship and same week- you'll find people rave about and complain about the same exact experiences. Some people just enjoy life and others like to find fault in everything.

[/Rant]