Looking for ideas on my 50 bday cruise

scohan

Hey, I was born in 1956! I'm gonna be 50???????:eek: Seems like yesterday that we were watching "Leave it to Beaver", eating Ring Dings and Devil Dogs, smoking behind the junior high...wait...that WAS yesterday! We better book us a cruise:D

I really wanted to take a cruise for my upcoming 50th this April but it is too close to Easter and I have learned that it is not a good time to cruise unless you like being on a ship jammed with kids. Not for me.

So, I am going to spend the weekend in NYC which I love and go on a land based trip to Europe this winter.

For my 50th we took an Eastern Carb. cruise that just so happened to be in St Thomas ON my birthday - sweet birthday presents! :D My DH also ordered a big plastic sign that said some kind of funny birthday thing on it and he attached it to our aft balcony railing while I was out shopping (again). At sail away we were at the aft pool bar and rushed over to the railing and lo and behold, two decks down was my birthday sign. The friends we were with all started saying Happy Birthday and then the passengers out on their balconies said "Oh, there's the birthday girl!" and started singing Happy Birthday. Nice way to sail out of St Thomas on your 50th!

But whatever cruise you choose, you know it will be great. Just try to time it so you are in a great shopping port on your actual birthday. ;)

November....I'd recommend Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean. It's a beautiful ship and pretty port intensive -St Thomas, St Maarten, Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados...all of them beautiful islands.

I assume this cruise left from San Juan? Is there any cruises that leave from the US for this itinerary that you know of? I'm currently checking different sites for this info. but so far....no luck.

For Hubby's 50th, I surprised him with a 14 day Hawaiian. We sail this fall on Radiance. We're both very very excited. We've always wanted to go to Hawaii and I just can't wait any more. I want to get there before I have be dragging a walker just to get through the sand!!

But I have already informed him of my bday present for my 50th... I want Tahiti.

Hey, I'd rather eat hot dogs and cereal than give up a cruise. :)

Looking for ideas for my 50th birthday cruise next November. Looking for a good ship and places to go.

For your 50th birthday - get off the big ships and try a small ship - my recommendation is SeaDream Yacht Club - 110 guests in all suites - casual and elegant - dining topside under the stars. Sleeping under the stars on a balenise sun bed, all inclusive, water sports from the aft dock.

Itineraries are great - island hoping in the Caribbean - 1 Island a day - so on a 7 night cruise you hit 6 islands. You;ll pay a bit more - but you will never go back to the big mass market lines!

Happy Birthday!

I assume this cruise left from San Juan? Is there any cruises that leave from the US for this itinerary that you know of? I'm currently checking different sites for this info. but so far....no luck.
Um, aslc, San Juan IS in the U.S...............

It would have to be a 10 day or longer cruise...but the other poster is right...San Juan is the US, so there isn't any hassles departing or returning, although San Juan can make for a rather long travel day. Celebrity has longer cruises leaving from Fort Lauderdale. But IMHO, the experience of the RCL Serenade- Southern Caribbean is worth any additional hassles of traveling to San Juan.

Originally Posted by above sea level cruiser

Um, aslc, San Juan IS in the U.S............

It would have to be a 10 day or longer cruise...but the other poster is right...San Juan is the US, so there isn't any hassles departing or returning, although San Juan can make for a rather long travel day. Celebrity has longer cruises leaving from Fort Lauderdale. But IMHO, the experience of the RCL Serenade- Southern Caribbean is worth any additional hassles of traveling to San Juan.

What I meant was, I don't have to fly to the US. But i would have to fly (or swim) to PR.:rolleyes:

What I meant was, I don't have to fly to the US. But i would have to fly (or swim) to PR.:rolleyes:
Ah... the old "Lower 48" as they say. The continental United States.

Gotta say, I'm impressed you think you might be able to swim... or fly for that matter:D

Go someplace warm. Leave out of Miami. Last November I took Rich to the Nascar Homestead race. This year for my 50th we're taking our son back to college. Yeah that stinks move him in on my birthday and move him out on Mother's day.

I know he didn't want a party. The money I spent for the flordia key and race I could of taken a 10 day cruise. But thats what we like races.

Happy early Birthday and enjoy whatever your decision.

Archived