If money was no object...

ilikeanswers

Well sure, there are a lot of very expensive cruises we would like to do; just not willing to spend $20,000 pp and up--sometimes way up-- for a very long cruise or on one of the extremely expensive lines.

Even if money was no object, not sure we would spend it like that.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Are there any cruises you wish you could do but are prevented because it would be too expensive?

Since we're dreaming, mine would be a chartered mega-yacht with only my closest family and friends on board.

For myself just a modest step up: a more intimate experience on one of the mainstream lines, such as Pacific Princess or HAL Prinsendam. A pretty big difference in fares for those of us whose M.O. is finding the best sales in order to cruise more often.

Even if you gave me that proverbial blank check I have no interest in The Haven or The Yacht Club or its brethren. (Though if you twisted my arm I would do a short cruise in the Cunard Grills). If I really had unlimited funds I honestly don't know if I would repeat the longest cruise vacation I have taken (11 nights on one ship, 6 nights in London, 22 nights on another ship) or just pick and choose from a longer list. Probably the latter, but that's just me.

If I had the money I would book cruises in far places that require a loong flight to reach. Because then I could fly first class. I am the odd one out in that I am finding long cruises less appealing. At the end of 14 days I am more than ready to be home. But I'm retired and being home doesn't mean going back to work.

I would do some river cruises in Europe, maybe in Asia. And some organized land trips. Vantage has one to Mongolia I would love to do, just to see how it has changed in the 25 years since I was there. EM

Time and money, but I'd love to do one of the 100+ night around the world cruises

Right now Australia/New Zealand is cost prohibitive just because we haven't been able to find airfare in our budget

I'd also love to be in a full suite sometime, if money was not an issue than in the best suite a cruise offers.

Two week photo cruise to the South Georgia Islands - 20K+

Northwest Passage on a small ship - 30K+

Circumnavigation of Antarctica - 50K+

Northeast Passage - ??

Alaska on a private trawler yacht with my family - ??

DON

My job prevents me ever sailing to Antarctica in its summer season rather than the money.

It would take me longer than usual to save for it though.

Thats the one cruise I am worried I will never do.

At present, a world cruise is of no interest to me due to my age. I would rather keep jumping ship.

Since we're dreaming, mine would be a chartered mega-yacht with only my closest family and friends on board.

What part of “If money was no object” do people not understand?

I’d start with purchasing Aristotle Onassis’ “Christina”, and staffing her with a truly superior crew to use while my team of marine architects and shipbuilders came up with exactly what I wanted - perhaps something along the lines of HAL’s Prinsendam.

World cruise in a Queens Grill suite on one of the Queens would be nice. Since money is no object, I could afford the shopping spree necessary for all those formal nights, (plus the excess baggage fees on the flights to and from the ship, lol).

Are there any cruises you wish you could do but are prevented because it would be too expensive?

Oh I 'd love to do a 'world cruise' (IF, they Branson's Virgin cruise line launches in 2020) offer one in a owner's suite ! I mean, IF money's NO object ! Might as well dream BIG ! Since dreamin don't cost nutin ! LOL !

Mac

I've been perfectly happy with all the ships we've been on, and wouldn't upgrade to luxury, as I'm not too happy with any fuss... Instead, I'd spend the money on travelling to reach ships across the world, by having first class flights and friendly hotels at the ports, plus top grade excursions whilst I awaited the ship.

I would buy my own cruise ship. Pay someone to manage everything. Have the captain cruise to areas that have calm waters. If it was rough, just cruise somewhere else or stay in port a few days. I would invite others, but wouldn't organise things for them or listen to complaints.