If money was no object...

ilikeanswers

I would buy my own cruise ship. Pay someone to manage everything. Have the captain cruise to areas that have calm waters. If it was rough, just cruise somewhere else or stay in port a few days. I would invite others, but wouldn't organise things for them or listen to complaints.

I think you've nailed it. The only modification I would suggest would be to listen to complaints --- so you would know who to throw off your ship at the next port.

World cruise in a Queens Grill suite on one of the Queens would be nice. Since money is no object, I could afford the shopping spree necessary for all those formal nights, (plus the excess baggage fees on the flights to and from the ship, lol).

You won't have excess baggage fees when you fly your own plane...EM

I’d be living aboard a classic styled 40-45’ cutter rigged monohull sailboat that DH and I could handle ourselves, with a clipper bow, wineglass stern, water maker, genset, a/c, diesel engine, bow thrusters, high performance sails, best nav equipment and electronics, custom exotic wood interior, killer galley with refrigeration and freezer, and tons of stowage, We’d be cruising the south Pacific with no set itinerary. With a really well stocked liquor locker.

“The journey is the destination”

I'm pretty happy with what we have done and continue to do. We have been around the world, all 7 continents, not all at the same time. But we have done our own ATW scheduling. We travel on land trips too, some of those have been 8 - t0 weeks or more.

When I look at official 'world cruises' we have been pretty much everywhere they go, so no interest in them.

Our late 2018 & 2019 pretty much takes us around the world again, just a different path, and only 5 continents. I guess if money was no object maybe we would get larger cabins. We always have a balcony at least, but the largest cabins we have been in are grand suites on RC. We are trying two new 'for us' cruise lines coming up. Princess and Oceania, both are long cruises so we will see what we think of them.

I would still like to try Azamara and maybe MSC.

Something we have been doing whenever possible is do TA crossings by sea. I really don't like flying, even in business or first class. Even three hours on a plane is too long, it messes with my breathing. Cunard's Queen Mary 2 has been a Godsend for that.

Edited by SPacificbound
spelling and adding

I feel that with 5 cruises a year cruising becomes a routine, so I don’t want more cruises.

I am also not interested with switching from our usual insides or going on luxury brands.

I do like to have a longer cruise to cruise South Pacific and Hawaii

My husband does like to fly long flights, but he would cruise all the way there from East Coast.

So I need more off time.

I’d be living aboard a classic styled 40-45’ cutter rigged monohull sailboat that DH and I could handle ourselves, with a clipper bow, wineglass stern, water maker, genset, a/c, diesel engine, bow thrusters, high performance sails, best nav equipment and electronics, custom exotic wood interior, killer galley with refrigeration and freezer, and tons of stowage, We’d be cruising the south Pacific with no set itinerary. With a really well stocked liquor locker.

“The journey is the destination”

Hmmm... A LIFETIME of just sailing, me and my 1st officer (XO) wife aboard ?? MAN overboard ?!?!:eek: We LOVE each other BIT...? If you think I'd even TRY too separate her from the our grandchildren,son, DIL,and lastly, what few friends (who are still alive) I'm afraid ONE of us(probably ME) might have an 'accident' at sea !;)

But, it is and interesting thought ! :)

Mac

What part of “If money was no object” do people not understand?

I’d start with purchasing Aristotle Onassis’ “Christina”, and staffing her with a truly superior crew to use while my team of marine architects and shipbuilders came up with exactly what I wanted - perhaps something along the lines of HAL’s Prinsendam.

Small dreams :D

Whole ship charter, Symphony OTS, 300 days around the world. Family, friends, hangers on. :cool:

I would spend big money to live long periods in remote places I have already seen. Galapagos, South Africa, Antarctica are too wonderful to expereince in just 2 or 3 weeks.

I agree. For me, I'd do pretty much what I have planned to do in retirement. Take a ship to Europe, stay somewhere (or more than one somewhere) for a significant chunk of time and then sail home again 2-3 months later. If money were no object, I'd just start doing it sooner. :D

As a corollary - I would establish a "luggage protocol" - whereby I would not have to be concerned with, much less have to tote, any more than one carry-on per.

Several sets of packed bags would be readied (not by me) and held ready for instantaneous shipping so that whatever destination was chosen would have our bags ready by the time we arrived wherever.

As a corollary - I would establish a "luggage protocol" - whereby I would not have to be concerned with, much less have to tote, any more than one carry-on per.

Several sets of packed bags would be readied (not by me) and held ready for instantaneous shipping so that whatever destination was chosen would have our bags ready by the time we arrived wherever.

AHEM..:D Me thinks in the NTSD they call 'em--GO bags !! And I AGREE with you completely!

Mac

It's interesting to see how few times luxury ships really came up.

I thought that was interesting too:Dalso apart from Antarctica and Galapagos not much mention of expedition cruises. I guess they really are a niche market;p. I do love the people suggesting having their own cruise ship, now that is dreaming big;)(y)