Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

I see you're from NY. Not sure where, but it appears that NY and the East coast (including Maryland) is going to get nailed by the next No'reaster. They're calling for 5 inches or more down here, but in NYC, 5 - 11 inches?!?!?! on the first day of spring.

FYI.

I see you're from NY. Not sure where, but it appears that NY and the East coast (including Maryland) is going to get nailed by the next No'reaster. They're calling for 5 inches or more down here, but in NYC, 5 - 11 inches?!?!?! on the first day of spring.

FYI.

I’ve been following it too! I can’t believe it! We live 50 miles north of NYC and got it hard with the past 3. We lost power and water and heat for 6 days AND a utility pole broke and was leaning against a tree right next to our truck.

Long story, but 90% of our town lost power with trees, cables and poles blocking all roads. It was the worst storm we’ve seen including Superstorm Sandy in 2012 and the October 2011 snowstorm where we were out of power for a long time as well.

Anyway, we are sick of it and want it all to go away. But we’re on vacation! Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tonight in Centrum is Rosario Strings who was on last time too...very good.

But the real action is a Island Night Deck Party, Poolside, 9:30-11:30 pm, with CC Activities manager and DJ MRU and Real Vibes band. Should be a good time. Don’t forget your tropical attire for this party.

I'm watching you leave Miami on Marine tracker and see you moving out of Government Cut. Hope you have a perfect night for your Caribbean Night dance party. Don't think about the weather up here. That is why you are there getting ready to dance the night away down there.;)

Hello! Might you be able to snap a pic of the kids menu? And am I’m correct that kids can order off the mdr menu?

Thanks!

Jackie

Kids can order off any menu, and so can you! I have it on good authority that Host Clarea often orders the brownie sundae. ;)

I also believe that the menu never changes. Here's one from a couple of years ago.

IMG_2381.jpg

Kids can order off any menu, and so can you! I have it on good authority that Host Clarea often orders the brownie sundae. ;)

I also believe that the menu never changes. Here's one from a couple of years ago.

IMG_2381.jpg

Thank you for adding this. If anyone has info to add to this review...please do so. The more the merrier.

We’re not pool party type of people, we’re quite boring in fact. Went to the atrium listening to Rosario Strings for a little bit. We heard the piano player is in the house but not performing yet in the Schooner bar. Sitting at the bar talking to Elvis, good guy. Hopefully tomorrow some entertainment here.

I'm watching you leave Miami on Marine tracker and see you moving out of Government Cut. Hope you have a perfect night for your Caribbean Night dance party. Don't think about the weather up here. That is why you are there getting ready to dance the night away down there.;)

You’re absolutely right. We shouldn’t let things out of our control worry us. We’re having a great time!

IMG_1096.thumb.jpg.9242d98e3dd763f66c6f2ab057abda40.jpg

Surf and turf special in the dining room, also includes a glass of wine. They have been offering very good deals to the specialty dining. Our benefit when not too many take advantage of the deals.

[ATTACH]417069[/ATTACH]

Surf and turf special in the dining room, also includes a glass of wine. They have been offering very good deals to the specialty dining. Our benefit when not too many take advantage of the deals.

I would take that deal!

Wonder if they'll still be offering lobster on one of the regular MDR menus.

Yes they are...we asked. Second formal night.

When we were considering Chops at first, we said not Thursday night because it’s lobster night. He confirmed it was but you can also get the MDR lobster tail with your dinner, no charge. That didn’t make sense to us only because we could dine in Chops one night and have Lobster in the MDR another. Two guaranteed great meals!

Love cruising along with you on this trip. Come April 14, I get to do it for real! :D

Would also appreciate if you can find out how long Big Bob will be aboard, who will follow him and who will take the helm from Capt. Ante when he heads back across the big pond. Will really miss this captain. Did he play his special sailaway music for you?

Big Bob will be on board approximately 2 more months. They said the following CD is not scheduled yet. Same with the next Captain: not scheduled yet.

And yes, Captain Ante did play his special music during sail away, so cool. Only 2nd cruise with him but he is the best Captain of any cruise we’ve been on Royal or otherwise.

Last night after dinner was Britain’s Finest in the Theatre which was Beatles cover band of their early music. Lots of fun and very good.

Afterwards went to the Schooner bar to see Debbie Mac and the group was very lively and had fun. Unfortunately she got off the ship and there is no entertainment listed for Schooner tonight.... arghh... it’s our favorite venue so hope someone comes on the ship tomorrow .

Happened to be at Guest Relations and recognized the guys from Britain’s Finest so of course I had to stop a chat...lol...that’s me. I complimented them on how much we enjoyed their show. They were just leaving (docked in Nassau) to go on another Royal ship. Not only talented but really nice (and cute) as well!

They will be back on Grandeur April 1. Check out their schedule:

BritainsFinestBand.com or search the same on FB.

After too many nights without a Piano Bar Player in Schooner Bar, he’s scheduled to perform tonight. I’ll be back to discuss!