Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

[ATTACH]416585[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/

What is the entertainment currently in the Centrum?

The Centrum has: Island Music with Real Vibes, Dance Music, Rock-a-Rokie with Celebration Band, Big Band with GOS Orchestra, String Classics with Rosario Strings, ‘Season’ Floor Show with the singers & dancers....so far.

We were lucky to have St. Patrick’s Day this cruise so there was a big dance party that night in Centrum.

I’ll add more as we go along.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Big Bob will be on board approximately 2 more months. They said the following CD is not scheduled yet. Same with the next Captain: not scheduled yet.

And yes, Captain Ante did play his special music during sail away, so cool. Only 2nd cruise with him but he is the best Captain of any cruise we’ve been on Royal or otherwise.

I guess I will have Bob as CD for my cruise. I'm guess i'm glad, because I was dreading having Paul Rutter again.

As for Captain, my money is on Captain Thor. Ante and Thor seem to tag in and out throughout the year.

DaisyL..thanx for all the great info! I was just getting used to the sailaway music. At first it sounded like we were going to be invaded by the Russians.:eek: Now I'll miss it. Also enjoyed the commercial's his daughter used to do on the noon report. She was adorable and you have to admire his sense of humor in allowing her to do it.

I guess I will have Bob as CD for my cruise. I'm guess i'm glad, because I was dreading having Paul Rutter again.

As for Captain, my money is on Captain Thor. Ante and Thor seem to tag in and out throughout the year.

Gotta say I'm with ya about Paul.:rolleyes: Hope we're not out of the pot and into the fire, or should I say out of the dinghy and into the ocean.

As for the captain, I thought it'd probably be Capt. Thor too but at some point they will have to bring in someone else to rotate with him. Capt. Ante will be leaving after 8 weeks instead of the usual 10 so that would mean Capt. Thor coming back early. As with all else, time will tell.;)

[ATTACH]417069[/ATTACH]

Surf and turf special in the dining room, also includes a glass of wine. They have been offering very good deals to the specialty dining. Our benefit when not too many take advantage of the deals.

We had Fitzroy on GR. I can't remember if it was last April or the October before. He's a great waiter and very nice guy.

Was just thinking back to when I was on Grandeur for St. Paddy's Day in 2014. Great festivities around the ship and lots of wearin o'the green. I particularly remember our Activities Manager who was decked out in shorts with green knee highs, a blinking green sequin tie, green tinsel wig topped off with blinking green deely boppers. He was quite a sight but what a barrel of fun! Anyone else remember Darryl Dyball?

Was just thinking back to when I was on Grandeur for St. Paddy's Day in 2014. Great festivities around the ship and lots of wearin o'the green. I particularly remember our Activities Manager who was decked out in shorts with green knee highs, a blinking green sequin tie, green tinsel wig topped off with blinking green deely boppers. He was quite a sight but what a barrel of fun! Anyone else remember Darryl Dyball?

We boarded 18 Mar 2014 so we missed that, but I think I remember Darryl.

Thanks for doing the report, much appreciated. We have another 2 1/2 weeks before we head out so living vicariously through you. :D

Thank you. I’m really enjoying checking in and sharing my observances. We’re definitely more subdued this time but with different traveling companions.

If you have any questions...just ask.

Gotta say I'm with ya about Paul.:rolleyes: Hope we're not out of the pot and into the fire, or should I say out of the dinghy and into the ocean.

As for the captain, I thought it'd probably be Capt. Thor too but at some point they will have to bring in someone else to rotate with him. Capt. Ante will be leaving after 8 weeks instead of the usual 10 so that would mean Capt. Thor coming back early. As with all else, time will tell.;)

I’ve heard bad things about Bob too unfortunately. But I’ve experienced the dullness of Paul so i’m willing to give Bob a chance. Also, I heard Paul is enroute to Quantum in Asia, so I think my fears might be quelled about having him again in April

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! Delta. Yes I did make the flowers. We were back in the office. Had a great 21 days doing the B2B after my retirement. You get to see the real person behind the work face and how they cope being away from their families. Jeff Arpin was the CD. It was like Abbott & Costello between the two of them. Made lots of crew friends who I miss. It was a great time. See you're many sailings on the threads. Take care and happy sailing.

Evie [emoji267] [emoji568]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Bummer about the Schooner entertainer.:( Wonder what the Customs issue was.

I see that the Royal Chocolate Cake is one of the always available items. Is that possibly a renamed version of the Chocolate Sensation they used to have?