Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

No piano entertainment for that many nights makes no sense, sorry you missed CocoCay and the weather is not good. The weather in Maryland in is really not good.

They printed out a new Compass with added activities. Seems many people are disappointed, especially families with kids.

Actually the weather isn’t bad, just not safe for tendering. The captain announced at noon, that’s he has the ship staying in the area going towards the Florida coast to avoid the storm up north. No need to rush back.

His daughter also made an announcement apologizing for the altered day. Last cruise, the children were also on board, and his daughter made announcements daily...soo cute. This time his son also spoke but I don’t believe he speaks English but adorable as well.

On my home front, we’re tracking the storm too and expecting up to a foot of snow. Already arranged for snow removal so it’s not a block of ice when we arrive home.

My husband threw a shovel in the truck before leaving, just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loving your review. Do you happen to know if they offer that "10 Draft Beers" special on all the RCI ships?

Your pictures are great too.

Thank you so much. I’ve only been on 2 Grandeur cruises and was offered on both. Maybe someone else can who has been on more grandeur cruises.

15inches of snow here. 2 weeks before we cruise. Can't wait. Daisy-we really appreciate your posts. Learning a lot about the ship that we have not cruised on. Safe trip home.

Thank you...I can’t believe 15 inches of snow! It’s really a lot of fun and I’m trying not to worry about how much snow we may have at home.

The seas were really rocky last night but being on deck 2 is much better than deck 7 where our friends are. Very cold outside but the seas have calmed down. Only a high of 54 degrees today and tomorrow 50 degrees. In the Solarium and enjoying it.

Can you order vegetables to go with your entree since it looks like they don't come that way? For instance could you order a baked potato and veg. medley to go with the chicken? It looks like they come with the premium items but not the "free" stuff.

Just read the DR menus. Yum. Creme Brulee every night, cheesecake, let alone the dessert on the children's menu. I hated the Baileys creme brulee. Russ would have onion soup every night along with cesear salad and escargot and shrimp cocktail and of course his pumpkin seed rolls. Add his favorite every night of a baked potato with his meal and then pie ala mode. They would have to wheel us off the ship.

Evie

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Unless this has changed too, you can ask for anything you see on the menu and even stuff you don't see. All of the entrees come with veg sides. If you see vegs that you like that are with another entree, you can get that too. Baked spuds are always available on request and they have killer mashed potatoes.;) If there is a way they can accommodate your request, they are usually most happy to do it.

Can you order vegetables to go with your entree since it looks like they don't come that way? For instance could you order a baked potato and veg. medley to go with the chicken? It looks like they come with the premium items but not the "free" stuff.

What I posted above is an appetizer but the entrees come with sides but not to order. If you want something else such as mashed potatoes or another vegetable it will be brought in a separate dish.

I’ll post a picture of an entree soon... the internet is bogged down right now.