Very best Norwegian Drinks

Cancruizer

Hi All,

I know that this question has been asked in different ways a lot over the years. However, I am wondering what are your favorite Norwegian Drinks - the ones that Norwegian does better than on any other cruise line - your must haves when sailing with Norwegian! I am compiling a list of faves (2018) for a blog article, from each of the major cruise lines and would love current bests. Thanks so much for contributing!

I love the frozen Banana Daiquiri poolside and the Rasberry Guava Mojito - and I just haven`t found anything close on other cruises so far! I will have to keep on trying ;-)

It kinda helps to visit the bars with 'decent barmen... which tends to be places like Maltings Whiskey bar and Sugarcane... as opposed to the boxed-mix-meisters at Pit Stop or Topsiders et al. In my experience the more skilled, knowledgeable and 'caring' barmen tend to work the former. At least that what my Old Fashioned(s) told me.

Love a BBC but it is rare that you can find someone to blend it with a real banana now, they used to all the time :(

Hmmm... never had a BBC. I looked it up and it looks like my kind of drink! I agree all is better with fresh ingredients. Most cruise ships are using the sweet concoctions and its just not the same :-)

Hi All,

I know that this question has been asked in different ways a lot over the years. However, I am wondering what are your favorite Norwegian Drinks - the ones that Norwegian does better than on any other cruise line - your must haves when sailing with Norwegian! I am compiling a list of faves (2018) for a blog article, from each of the major cruise lines and would love current bests. Thanks so much for contributing!

I love the frozen Banana Daiquiri poolside and the Rasberry Guava Mojito - and I just haven`t found anything close on other cruises so far! I will have to keep on trying ;-)

Hello

I don't have anything to contribute because I leave on Epic 3-24. But I would love to have a link to your blog when you get it compiled.

Yep the Jalapeno Cucumaber Mojito in Sugarcane is pretty damn fine... but I'm a sucker for JW Blue Label at $17 or Hennessy X.O. at $27 with the "free" UBP... Try getting that price in a decent restaurant/bar on land.

Wait. What? Huh? A shot of Blue for $17? Does that mean an additional $17 beyond the UBP? Or is it possibly possible that it's only $2 beyond your UBP?

I figure the answer is probably the plus $17 and the plus $2 is only my fantasy...but what a lovely fantasy it is! We sail on April 8 and I'm fond of Blue. I like it neat with a water back. I want one now. Please have mercy and tell me!:hearteyes:

Judy

This afternoon I explored a HUGE list of drinks (along with the NCL recipes) that I found in another thread here in anticipation of enjoying my "free" UBP on our April 8 cruise. I do love a great Scotch or a fine Whiskey, but I also love a classic Mojito, other cocktails at various times of day, and I found a drink on this list that I will most definitely be trying called "Le Fizz" - can't wait to try that one on Day 1.

And the Lavender Patch - that just sounds TOO interesting! Also the Belvedere Peach Nectar, and the Jalapeño Cucumber Mojito, and....well there's no point in making a list of ALL the drinks I want to try. But if you want to spend a little time in fantasy drinkie land, here's the link...

http://nclrecipes.com/frontend/recipe/recipe_list

Be sure to allow some TIME to peruse this list and be sure to click on the drinks and read the recipes. That's what makes you really want to try the drinks.

I got very inspired after I read this stuff, so I sent DH to the liquor store for a bottle of St Germain :eek: and he just now got back. Now I have to go make a drinkie. I have a recipe!!:D

Judy

Wait. What? Huh? A shot of Blue for $17? Does that mean an additional $17 beyond the UBP? Or is it possibly possible that it's only $2 beyond your UBP?

I figure the answer is probably the plus $17 and the plus $2 is only my fantasy...but what a lovely fantasy it is! We sail on April 8 and I'm fond of Blue. I like it neat with a water back. I want one now. Please have mercy and tell me!:hearteyes:

Judy

On our cruises in 2016 the Johnny Blue was a steal at $5 upcharge. Had one every night to bring back to the cabin. Sadly, in 2017, same ship, same bar (Haven), same bartender ... was now a $22 upcharge. Perhaps they reduced it to $17, but whaetver it is, that is the amount you will pay ABOVE the UBP limit.

I love a BBC, but by day two or three I've had my fill. Same goes with most of the blender drinks. But a Patron Margarita on the rocks I can drink all day, every day. Mix in a Grass Clippings once in a while and I'm all set.

Grass Clippings...I had to look it up on that list. Here it is - sounds kind of refreshing and good!

GRASS CLIPPINGS

INGREDIENTS

1.5 OZ 1800 SILVER TEQUILA

0.25 OZ COINTREAU ORANGE LIQUEUR

3 ENGLISH CUCUMBER SLICES

1 LARGE CILANTRO LEAF

0.75 OZ FRESH LIME JUICE

0.5 OZ SIMPLE SYRUP

GARNISH

Black Lava Salt and Cilantro leaf

GLASS 10.75 oz

METHOD

Add all solids to a mixing glass and muddle vigorously. Add all liquid ingredients, fill with ice and shake vigorously for 6 seconds. Place the center of the cilantro leaf to align with the center of the rocks glass. Fill with ice (overstuff the ice) so the leaf circumvents the ice inside the glass. Single strain into the rocks glass and sprinkle the salt on the protruding ice cubes (top off with ice if needed).

I may have to try this!:p

Judy

On our cruises in 2016 the Johnny Blue was a steal at $5 upcharge. Had one every night to bring back to the cabin. Sadly, in 2017, same ship, same bar (Haven), same bartender ... was now a $22 upcharge. Perhaps they reduced it to $17, but whaetver it is, that is the amount you will pay ABOVE the UBP limit.

Yeah...I really knew it was a fantasy!!

Judy

Hello

I don't have anything to contribute because I leave on Epic 3-24. But I would love to have a link to your blog when you get it compiled.

Will do for sure! I'll post it here :-). Wow, only one more week to go. Have a fabulous cruise!!