Celebrity app

elliekate

3 hours ago, pleezto24 said:

WiFi is flaky, but if you are connected and have notifications turned on for the app, you will get the alerts. Problem for me on the Summit right now is that my WiFi disconnects a lot and I am always reconnecting it, especially when I go between decks. I do not think they have their mesh network setup fully yet to stop that. 

I hope they get the WIFI issue resolved before my cruise in November. I have also experienced this in hotels and find it very annoying 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Shadow9612 said:

I'm very curious to hear how the app can be used for check in?

Very easy.  When the check-in window is available it will appear.  I checked in online before the Summit was added to the App and my Express Passes are now available on the App.  You can also scroll left to right for many additional features and you can also enter a code to open the cabin door, check the status of your onboard account, among other things.  Facial recognition can be turned on in Settings for iPhones.  The ships will be added once Revolution is complete as rewiring is necessary.  This is the best thing Celebrity has done in quite some time and outperforms their website.

Edited by Ereggae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I am on the Summit now. I’m really enjoying the app, as I like having the day’s schedule in my pocket without having to carry the Celebrity Today around.  And since we haven’t been on the Summit before, it’s also handy to have the deck plans in my pocket as well. We’d uploaded our security photos and passport info when we did our pre-cruise checkin, and so our check in at the pier in Bayonne yesterday took seconds. 

2 hours ago, verylind said:

Can you have the same account logg in in the app and text to eachother (me and hubby) on the Edge or do you need two separate accounts to fully use the app? 

As I understand it, yes.

It is only if one has a 'single device' internet plan that only one device can be logged in simultaneously...

bon voyage

I believe you could, but not sure why you would want to. There's no charge to use the app for texting to each other, and other ship things like the newsletter and your own schedule, and you could each have your own schedules and keep the conversations less confusing.

Tom

3 hours ago, verylind said:

Can you have the same account logg in in the app and text to eachother (me and hubby) on the Edge or do you need two separate accounts to fully use the app? 

• 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, britishcruisers2 said:

How do you remove a forthcoming (or not!) cruise.

I have 2 cruises loaded onto the app but one has been cancelled due to the current situation but I can't work out how to remove it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try with logout and login again

3 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Try with logout and login again

Thanks. I have just tried that but my cancelled cruise is still there.I have received my Future Cruise Certificate so thought maybe it would be something Celebrity would do from their end but apparently not!

If the cruise is far enough out, they may remove it.  If not, it may end up like one of our cancelled cruises.  We kept getting notifications for everything on our calendar, until the cruise would have ended.  Then, if even shows up in our completed cruises.

I don't think the app is a high priority for them right now.