Q about Harvest Caye

mdsgu

Your UBP does not work at Harvest Caye. However it's pretty easy to carry a drink or two off the ship if you bring an insulated container;)

There is a Landshark Bar & Restaurant with drinks & food available for purchase. The pool actually has a swim-up bar.

If you have no problems walking, it's very easy to walk off and return to the ship as it is docked there. There is a shuttle for those who need assistance. We found it a pleasant walk and had no problem returning to the ship for lunch and drinks.

I always have a back packwhich works good if you are a beer drinker. We took a couple off in the morning and went back to the ship for lunch around 1:00 the other couple grabbed their back pack and we had them each pretty loaded with beers went we went back to the island after lunch, had a great day there.

The walk isn't long unless you are disabled. They do provide a little trolly car to take you back and forth if you have limited mobility. No problem carrying a drink off the ship in your own cup. We took bottles of water ashore. It's worth noting that the little drinks kiosks won't give you tap free water, they only have bottled water for a charge. Possibly you can get free water from the main bars. We also walked back to the ship for lunch so had a drink on our UBP then headed back to HC to relax! Loved our day there.

We are booked on the Breakaway at Thanksgiving. It goes to Harvest Caye one day. Does the Ultimate Beverage Package work on Harvest Caye? Or it is like any other port of call?

Straight from NCL's FAQ: everything one needs to know about UBP (especially note red highlighted areas!!!)

Ultimate Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar):

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Eligible guests are entitled to one beverage per person per transaction.

Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.

Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Does not include Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change),

bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package ($17.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.50 USD per person per day) prior to cruise.

Retail value of Ultimate Beverage Package is $89.00 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

Retail value of the Adult Soda Package is $7.50 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

When booking through the Australia office, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

Straight from NCL's FAQ: everything one needs to know about UBP (especially note red highlighted areas!!!)

Ultimate Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar):

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Eligible guests are entitled to TWO beverage per person per transaction.

Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.

Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Does not include Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change),

bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package ($17.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.50 USD per person per day) prior to cruise.

Retail value of Ultimate Beverage Package is $89.00 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

Retail value of the Adult Soda Package is $7.50 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

When booking through the Australia office, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

Fixed that for ya. Reference: https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

While walking on and off the ship is pretty convenient, it is indeed a long walk.

I second that! I was totally spent walking from the beach back to the ship in the heat. Thank God the pier is covered, but just getting to the start of that long pier from the beach was a hike!

The walk isn't long unless you are disabled. They do provide a little trolly car to take you back and forth if you have limited mobility.

I am far from disabled, but I have a bad knee and after sitting in the heat all day, the walk back to the ship was a chore, to say the least. I was exhausted. As far as the trolly goes, the line for it to go back to the ship starts at the pier entrance, and it was a very long line. And since I had already traversed the distance from the beach to the trolly line, I figured that the wait in the line would be longer than the time it would take for me to walk the length of the pier to the ship. So I walked. The walk may not seem long to most people, but I feel that some cruisers may find it daunting if they are not used to heat and humidity or if they are up in age or have a bad knee or whatever. Just an FYI to those who may not be disabled, but who may have limitations.

I am far from disabled, but I have a bad knee and after sitting in the heat all day, the walk back to the ship was a chore, to say the least. I was exhausted. As far as the trolly goes, the line for it to go back to the ship starts at the pier entrance, and it was a very long line. And since I had already traversed the distance from the beach to the trolly line, I figured that the wait in the line would be longer than the time it would take for me to walk the length of the pier to the ship. So I walked. The walk may not seem long to most people, but I feel that some cruisers may find it daunting if they are not used to heat and humidity or if they are up in age or have a bad knee or whatever. Just an FYI to those who may not be disabled, but who may have limitations.

I realise 'disabled' doesn't cover everyone who has limited mobility so please take my correction on that front! Yes if you have any difficulties walking it could be a challenge. I never saw a queue for the trolly but I don't think we went past at peak times. Maybe they should put up a shaded waiting area with seats.

Just more wanted to make the point that if you are able the walk isn't far at all- before I went people were telling me its too far to go back to the ship for lunch but its not at all!

We are booked on the Breakaway at Thanksgiving. It goes to Harvest Caye one day. Does the Ultimate Beverage Package work on Harvest Caye? Or it is like any other port of call?

It is like any other because unlike most private cruise line islands, it owned by Belize and not the cruise line or so that is what we have heard. When we were cruising out of NOLA last Nov we choose not to get off the ship at HarvestCay but heard from many it is pricey but a really great port.

Can someone say how long a 'long walk' is when walking to/from the ship?

Blocks, miles?

Thanks!

Well how big is a block...

My feeling - maybe 2 NYC blocks from the farthest end of the beach (Beach Cabanas) to the ship, maybe 1/2 a mile absolute max? I'm 53, fit, healthy and walk with some purpose; maybe took me 7-8 minutes from farthest point to the ship. 10 minutes if you wander.

Good way to justify that extra helping at breakfast.

It’s a bit of a jaunt but it’s covered and has fans. Also, just got off Getaway on the 11th and while at Harvest Caye there were two large golf carts helping transport from one end of the pier to the other helping you get to and from the boat. They did not go into the beach/pool area but it definitely cut down on walking. My three year old fell asleep in my arms in the pool so I was able to hop on to help me get back to the boat with her still asleep in my arms. We were some of the last still on the island and it was still running.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums