How to use obc for excursions

Bromleypod72

regular OBC is just that "on board" credit. not "pre cruise credit".

but yes, if its the $50 shorex credit part of FAS then you just have to call the shorex line and they will book you with no prepayment required. but if you have OBC only they wont book you withou payment.

are you talking about the free at see OBC. If so, just call and talk to excursions and they will book it for you and not charge until on board. This may work for regular OBC as well, but I can't speak to that.

Yes the free at sea OBC. I am in the UK but will try the customer service number

Hi,

We are thinking of using our OBC to pay for one of the excursions but when I went on my NCL to book there is no option to do this? What should I do please?

Thanks

OBC is just credit that gets applied to your final bill when you finish the cruise. You don't "use" it for anything specific, it just goes as a credit against your final bill. So the theory would be that if you pay for a shore excursion in advance using your credit card, and then you use the same credit card for your on board account, you'll see a reduction of your final bill which you could consider to have "paid" for the shore excursion, or whatever else you want to think it "paid" for.

There is also a $50 Shore Excursion credit which works the same way, but can only be applied against the cost of a Shore Excursion. Same deal here...you book your excursions, pay for them, then see a $50 per port per cabin reduction in the final bill.

I rang up NCL today and agent booked excursions for us without having to pre-pay. When we are on board the OBC will then offset the cost

CORRECTION

NCL just called me back and re- advised me that they just gave me the wrong advice!! To use the OBC I will HAVE to book onboard! If you pre-pay you won’t be able to use the OBC