Coco Cay Beach Bed

BND

On 2/1/2019 at 5:51 PM, SherriZ366 said:

This is helpful information.  The Cruise Planner Says that Beach Beds on South Beach have an attendant.  Do they get you drinks etc. from the bar?  

Also is there a special lunch for Beach Beds?  

Yes to the special lunch.  You can order it and choose what time you would like it, at the shore excursions desk once on board.  (Also select which bed you would like.  We had #13 last week and LOVED it).    There were 2 concierges who would call the tram for you, if you wanted to go shopping or for a massage, etc.  We had an attendant bring our lunch and only once the entire day did an attendant stop by and ask us if we'd like a drink.  The bar was very close, so it wasn't a big deal to me, but if I were going again, I'd ask the attendant to check in every 30 minutes or so.  I didn't see attendants stopping by other beach beds either, except for lunch deliveries.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 9:18 PM, BND said:

I posted on the RCI threads but didn't get all my questions answered. We've (DH and I ) have booked a beach bed for our cruise next month. Do we get priority tender tickets? Also, do they still do the pre-order lunch? We've attempted Coco three times, had it cancelled twice (6 years ago and last year), made it once in rain about 5 years ago and crappy weather so we're hoping this time we'll have nice weather. I know the concierge can get us tender tickets, but I just wondered if the excursion/beach bed gets them for us.

OOPS, I apologize, this is an old thread and OP must have cruised and returned before I answered.

Edited by Arzeena

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OOPS, I apologize, this is an old thread and OP must have cruised and returned before I answered.

LOL.  Yep, we cruised 11 months ago on Grandeur.  Of course, after all this, we missed CC due to weather/waves.  They apparently don't even offer the beach beds anymore with the "new and improved" Coco Cay.  We're going in Nov on Harmony and it's not an option, nor are they mentioned anywhere anymore.  

We are going to be at coco cay next month and beach beds, bungalows, and beach cabanas were all options. None appear on the cruise planner now and haven’t for a couple of months. I’m assuming these are sold out as I have a bungalow reserved and that is still on my calendar 

2 hours ago, jadedhart said:

We are going to be at coco cay next month and beach beds, bungalows, and beach cabanas were all options. None appear on the cruise planner now and haven’t for a couple of months. I’m assuming these are sold out as I have a bungalow reserved and that is still on my calendar 

I booked a Beach Bed a few months ago for 5-20-2019 NA sailing and a few days ago I looked for it for 9-1-2019 HM as well as 1-12-2019 & 4-19-2019 HM and didn't see it as an option for those 3 cruises in the Cruise Planner.  I will keep checking -- maybe they will add it back in.

Edited by SherriZ366

We just got back from a cruise on Enchantment and it was so nice to have a beach bed on Coco Cay!  The pier is finished so we were like the 5th ship ever to dock there.  No more tender!  We had a document in our cabin when we embarked on Day 1 that explained how the beach beds worked and that we should go to the Shore Excursions desk to select our bed and order our lunches.  We chose #8 because it was near the end of the first row of beds directly looking out over the beach.  So nice!  It was a long tram ride to that part of the island but really not crowded at all.  The lunch was good (chicken sandwich, fish, burger, nachos, cucumber salad, shrimp ceviche, cookies and rum cake!) and delivered to us at the time we selected.  We had an attendant come by the bed about every 30 minutes or so to ask if we wanted drinks, so I would rate the service highly.  Well worth spending my OBC on this perk!

Oh, tons of beach loungers all along the beach!  Those without reservations had a huge area right near the straw market with rows and rows of beach loungers on the beach.  The beach beds/cabanas were on a totally separate part of the island that we had to take a tram to get to.  But yes, it should be no problem for you to find a spot.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, savermom23 said:

Oh, tons of beach loungers all along the beach!  Those without reservations had a huge area right near the straw market with rows and rows of beach loungers on the beach.  The beach beds/cabanas were on a totally separate part of the island that we had to take a tram to get to.  But yes, it should be no problem for you to find a spot.

Are the clamshells also on the same part of the island as the bungalows & beach beds? Did they still have the floating bar in that area?