How are the Swans doing 2018?

Yep, bigly use of the term "ripper".

It was a bit of a scrappy game. Not the greatest skills or kicking by either team, but I'll take that win. I thought Giants were a big chance after they kicked a few goals in a row in the last quarter to get to within 10 points. But big Buddy stepped up and kicked a monster 70m goal to seal it for us.

Good one mate :D

Always remember Aussies love to have a shot at each other.

I’ve got a mate in Buffalo who is a huge Brissy Lions fan, he talks about an Aussie who when they meet once a year greets him with “God your lions suck” I point out to him that it just shows how much the Aussie likes him, if he called him Mister it’d show he hated his guts.

Wish I could have seen it, sounds like a ripper! (did I use that right???)

Actually no, should be “bl00dy little ripper” if you want to pass as a fair dinkum, dinky Di, true blue, Aussie

Didn't manage to watch many other games this weekend as i was working or otherwise busy.

Port def Lions by 5 points. This would have been a bit of a scare for Port.

Heck of a result for the last game in the round. Eagles were up by about 30, then Geelong kicked 5-6 goals in a row in the 3rd quarter to lead by 15 with 9 minutes to play. However Cats had 3 players out of the game and badly missing interchange players so they basically ran out of fit guys. Eagles piled on a few goals to lead by 21, then Geelong kicked one after the siren, final margin Eagles by 15.

Yes, you did.:D

Yep, bigly use of the term "ripper".

Yay, I am learning to speak Australian :D

Actually no, should be “bl00dy little ripper” if you want to pass as a fair dinkum, dinky Di, true blue, Aussie

Maybe I could be an Aussie-in-Training? Or an Honorary Aussie? I know it's a lot to ask but surely there are exceptions ;)

ML

Always remember Aussies love to have a shot at each other.

I’ve got a mate in Buffalo who is a huge Brissy Lions fan, he talks about an Aussie who when they meet once a year greets him with “God your lions suck” I point out to him that it just shows how much the Aussie likes him, if he called him Mister it’d show he hated his guts.

I believe the sign of a great friendship is the amount of smack (what we call it in the US, maybe there too?) exchanged. I have a few friends I do this with all the time. It's great fun :)

Yay, I am learning to speak Australian :D

Maybe I could be an Aussie-in-Training? Or an Honorary Aussie? I know it's a lot to ask but surely there are exceptions ;)

ML

I dub thee an honourary Aussie.

I believe the sign of a great friendship is the amount of smack (what we call it in the US, maybe there too?) exchanged. I have a few friends I do this with all the time. It's great fun :)

Just stirring (a few like that on these boards) or taking the ...... (urine).

It was a bit of a scrappy game. Not the greatest skills or kicking by either team, but I'll take that win. I thought Giants were a big chance after they kicked a few goals in a row in the last quarter to get to within 10 points. But big Buddy stepped up and kicked a monster 70m goal to seal it for us.

Port def Lions by 5 points. This would have been a bit of a scare for Port.

Heck of a result for the last game in the round. Eagles were up by about 30, then Geelong kicked 5-6 goals in a row in the 3rd quarter to lead by 15 with 9 minutes to play. However Cats had 3 players out of the game and badly missing interchange players so they basically ran out of fit guys. Eagles piled on a few goals to lead by 21, then Geelong kicked one after the siren, final margin Eagles by 15.

I really appreciate your comments after the games, gives me some perspective on how things went. Keep 'em coming:D

Thanks

ML

Yep, no one can give someone a really hard time (and can get away with it) unless they are great friends and/or family.:D

Happy and sad news today. Sydney Swans forward Gary Rohan will miss the next match against Western Bulldogs in Melbourne. His wife Amie gave birth to twin girls, however they had previously announced that one of their babies had been diagnosed with a rare condition which is usually fatal within hours of birth. Sadly the little girl passed away 5 hours after the birth.

Some things are more important than footy. Best wishes to Gary, Amie and baby Bella, and condolences on the passing of baby Willow.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-04-13/rohans-welcome-twin-girls

Very sad for Gary and Amie and their families. How heartbreaking to know before the birth that you will lose one of your precious babies. Some things are much more important than a game of football.

Leigh

Happy and sad news today. Sydney Swans forward Gary Rohan will miss the next match against Western Bulldogs in Melbourne. His wife Amie gave birth to twin girls, however they had previously announced that one of their babies had been diagnosed with a rare condition which is usually fatal within hours of birth. Sadly the little girl passed away 5 hours after the birth.

Some things are more important than footy. Best wishes to Gary, Amie and baby Bella, and condolences on the passing of baby Willow.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-04-13/rohans-welcome-twin-girls

Very sad for Gary and Amie and their families. How heartbreaking to know before the birth that you will lose one of your precious babies. Some things are much more important than a game of football.

Leigh

OMG, I came here planning to post another note to stir the pot and read this tragic news. This is so sad and the parents are taking it much better than I ever could have. Definitely more important than a game of football. I wish the Rohan family all the best.

We are about to depart on a 5 week trip--4 weeks on the Royal Princess, across the pond from Florida and then around the British Isles. I have a small internet package so we can stay in touch with the house/dog sitter but I won't be able to keep track of the Swans.

I hope I can depend on regular updates here, assuming I can stretch my minutes and actually make the internet connection to CC.

Wish me luck :D

Go Swans

ML