Photos From Our Visits To Singapore

Keith1010

Great photos.:) We will be visiting Singapore this coming year for a few days prior to a cruise so after viewing your photos we are even more excited. Thanks for sharing and posting them.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a wonderful time in Singapore. It is a wonderful place to visit.

Keith

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a wonderful time in Singapore. It is a wonderful place to visit.

Keith

We'll be there for three days so do you have any suggestions for "must see".

We'll be there for three days so do you have any suggestions for "must see".

Places that I would see include:

Chinatown

Little India

Zoo

Gardens By The Bay

These would be four places to see.

In addition I would spend time in the Colonial area, maybe a short stop to see Raffles Hotel. You can see some areas of the hotel but no longer get inside.

A visit to some of the shopping areas such as on Orchard

If you have time you could also visit the Botanical Gardens but my first choice would be Gardens By The Bay. Likewise there is the Night Time Safari located across the way from the zoo but if I did one of these venues I prefer the zoo.

There are many other areas to see but these are some I would see.

Keith

• 2 months later...
Thanks for posting. Next year we will visit Singapore for the first time. Any tips on what area or hotels to stay in prior to a cruise?

We just returned from a week just in Singapore. After staying in the iconic Marina Bay Sands last time we now stayed at the brand new Andaz Singapore.

On of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. It is a new concept by Hyatt. Beautiful hotel and the most amazing, personal but yet casual service. It felt like being at home. Much like on a cruise ship.

Email me if interested and I can send you a link to photos and explanation...

Oliver (at) travelandcruise.net

Thanks for posting. Next year we will visit Singapore for the first time. Any tips on what area or hotels to stay in prior to a cruise?

Let me first suggest that you find out which terminal your ship will use to embark. They are about 30 minutes from one another.

There are so many excellent choices and in the end price is a factor on recommendations.

We enjoyed the Four Seasons but as I say you have a wide range of prices.

Very easy to get around so for touring good options are the subway and taxis.

I really find that Trip Advisor is a great source for selecting hotels.

Keith

Great photos and advise Keith. Thanks.

Were you able to go in the Synagogue or only look at it from the outside?

Happy travels ️[emoji568]️[emoji925][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great photos and advise Keith. Thanks.

Were you able to go in the Synagogue or only look at it from the outside?

Happy travels ️[emoji568]️[emoji925][emoji4]

Glad the information was helpful.

We were only able to see it from the outside.

Keith

I live in Singapore & have to bring friends or colleagues around from all over the world when they visit. These are my suggestions:

1. Hotels

There're simply too many to name & majority of them are either in Orchard area or City Hall area. They are all within reasonable distance to most of the major tourist destinations. So, you can just choose any of them based on your budget & reviews. Unless you pick hotels in non-tourist area, transportation shouldn't be your number 1 consideration.

2. Mobile communication

I would highly recommend buying a local SIM card when you arrive. There are many shops selling it. At the airport, they tend to try to sell you the higher "value/credit" of $30 or $50. You can get them in 7-eleven or other shops with smaller value of $15/$18. Singtel offers 100GB data for 7 days deal for local use: https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/prepaid/hitouristsimcards For Starhub, you have to buy the dataplan, but the data can be used in like 15 countries so if you are cruising to Msia, Thailand, HK etc, you can use the same SIM card at local rates http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/prepaid-cards/happy-roam.html

2. Transportation

If you plan to stay more than 2 nights, you can download an app "How2Go" so that you can go around taking public transport. Taking public transport in Singapore is easy, the EZ-link card can be purchased at most MRT stations. https://www.transitlink.com.sg/PSdetail.aspx?ty=catart&Id=1#2

Another alternative is to download an app "Grab" (Uber equivalent), in which you can get a ride or taxi through the app & pay by credit card.

3. Places to go

Arab Street to Bugis to Raffles Hotel

China Town area

Little India

Sentosa Island (Siloso Fort & Pahlawan beach)

One Fullerton (Merlion) to Esplanade

Gardens by the Bay

Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari

My choice if you have below 12 hrs:

- One Fullerton, Gardens by the Bay & China Town

2 days 1 night:

- China Town, One Fullerton & Gardens by the Bay, followed by 7:45pm or 8:45pm light show.

- Sentosa Island

Hope this help...

I live in Singapore & have to bring friends or colleagues around from all over the world when they visit. These are my suggestions:

1. Hotels

There're simply too many to name & majority of them are either in Orchard area or City Hall area. They are all within reasonable distance to most of the major tourist destinations. So, you can just choose any of them based on your budget & reviews. Unless you pick hotels in non-tourist area, transportation shouldn't be your number 1 consideration.

2. Mobile communication

I would highly recommend buying a local SIM card when you arrive. There are many shops selling it. At the airport, they tend to try to sell you the higher "value/credit" of $30 or $50. You can get them in 7-eleven or other shops with smaller value of $15/$18. Singtel offers 100GB data for 7 days deal for local use: https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/prepaid/hitouristsimcards For Starhub, you have to buy the dataplan, but the data can be used in like 15 countries so if you are cruising to Msia, Thailand, HK etc, you can use the same SIM card at local rates http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/prepaid-cards/happy-roam.html

2. Transportation

If you plan to stay more than 2 nights, you can download an app "How2Go" so that you can go around taking public transport. Taking public transport in Singapore is easy, the EZ-link card can be purchased at most MRT stations. https://www.transitlink.com.sg/PSdetail.aspx?ty=catart&Id=1#2

Another alternative is to download an app "Grab" (Uber equivalent), in which you can get a ride or taxi through the app & pay by credit card.

3. Places to go

Arab Street to Bugis to Raffles Hotel

China Town area

Little India

Sentosa Island (Siloso Fort & Pahlawan beach)

One Fullerton (Merlion) to Esplanade

Gardens by the Bay

Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari

My choice if you have below 12 hrs:

- One Fullerton, Gardens by the Bay & China Town

2 days 1 night:

- China Town, One Fullerton & Gardens by the Bay, followed by 7:45pm or 8:45pm light show.

- Sentosa Island

Hope this help...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge [emoji4]

Very helpful and kind of you. Have a great day ( night) ️[emoji925]️[emoji568]

Hello Manisan,

Many thanks for your suggestions ! We will be in Singapore in December for 4 days before our cruise on Celebrity Millénium (from Singapore to Hong Kong). I start my research for visiting, but it's a little difficult for me to organize the days.. We want to see the Colonial District, Chinatown, Bugis /Little India /Arab street /Kapong Glam, Esplanade/Merlion, Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay, Botanic gardens, Orchard road...

Can you help me for my planning, please ?

Thans in advance for your help... and I apologize for my english, I'm french, and I learned at school.. but it's far..)

Muriel

Glad the information was helpful.

We were only able to see it from the outside.

Keith

Keith,

Thanks so much for the gorgeous pictures! I wasn't sure what to expect in Singapore, but now I'm excited.

We're stopping there for one day (7a-5p) during our world cruise and were just planning to use the HOHO bus. Do you know if any of your suggested stops are on the HOHO route? Have you taken the HOHO there?

Hi Keith,

Thanks for all these beautiful photos ! I hope we will have the opportunity to see most things possible ! I think that we shall not go to the Zoo, I would prefer to go to Sentosa (but not for Universal Studios).. How much time do you spend on the site ?

Thanks for your help...

Muriel

Thank you so much for your help, Keith ! We booked four nights to the Carlton Hôtel, on Bras Basah Road, which seems rather central for visiting Singapore, and we are very excited when we see your photos !