Epic Barcelona/Italy/France 2019

Shynook11

Has anyone done this cruise? We are booked on the 7 day for next summer and I am slightly concerned with so many port days and total days my husband needs off work to travel/time change ( We live in FL). Is it amazing? We were also debating the Venice departure to Greece/Croatia but no 3rd / 4th free promos for summer sailings and we have teens. Any opinions and advice is appreciated.

I am slightly concerned with so many port days and total days my husband needs off work to travel/time change ( We live in FL). .

Hi! I never cruised before (first time will be in 2019!) but I went in Europe numerous times from Canada, often for short periods of time (for work). Flights are at night so the first days are pretty rough with jet lag and the lack of sleep. I would strongly suggest you arrive few days before your cruise, especially with a port-intensive itinerary. You would be able to adjust and rest a bit while enjoying Barcelona or Rome! Those cities have so much to offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! I never cruised before (first time will be in 2019!) but I went in Europe numerous times from Canada, often for short periods of time (for work). Flights are at night so the first days are pretty rough with jet lag and the lack of sleep. I would strongly suggest you arrive few days before your cruise, especially with a port-intensive itinerary. You would be able to adjust and rest a bit while enjoying Barcelona or Rome! Those cities have so much to offer!

How many days? We are 6 hours behind in time here in FL. Not too terrible. My husband can only get 1 week at a time off of work, so we can usually piggy back a couple of days off before and after to allow for travel/time adjustment. I just want to be sure it's feasible. We've done 11 days to Panama, but ship left and returned to FL so to fly time.

Sailings from Barcelona are Sunday to Sunday, so an overnight flight after work on Friday should get you into Barcelona on Saturday. That gives you a day and a half to see some of Barcelona before boarding on Sunday afternoon. The Monday is a sea day, giving you time to recover from the jet lag.

The ship is due to get back into Barcelona early the following Sunday so you should be able to get to the airport by noon. As long as you can sleep on the flight back it should be do-able.

We are doing this cruise next June and have already realised that we may be exhausted after hitting 6 ports in 7 days, so may stay on in Barcelona post cruise

Amazing cruise!

Yes it is port extensive but well worth it

We had all day excursion for Naples, Rome and Pisa but did France on our own so we could relax and go at our own pace

As purepixie67 said take an over night flight Friday this will give you some time in Barcelona on Saturday which was our favorite stop!

Amazing cruise!

Yes it is port extensive but well worth it

We had all day excursion for Naples, Rome and Pisa but did France on our own so we could relax and go at our own pace

As purepixie67 said take an over night flight Friday this will give you some time in Barcelona on Saturday which was our favorite stop!

Done this cruise many times and it is personal choice though.

Venice is magnificent and the ports are so different - just remember the ports and the tourists sights will be mobbed

Has anyone done this cruise? We are booked on the 7 day for next summer and I am slightly concerned with so many port days and total days my husband needs off work to travel/time change ( We live in FL). Is it amazing? We were also debating the Venice departure to Greece/Croatia but no 3rd / 4th free promos for summer sailings and we have teens. Any opinions and advice is appreciated.

The Barcelona/Italy/France cruise is amazing. You do need to get off the ship and take a tour of the historic cities you will be visiting. We have done this itinerary twice with NCL. Recommend showing up in Barcelona a day or two early, do some touristing there, and get rid of some of the jet lag.

How many days? We are 6 hours behind in time here in FL. Not too terrible. My husband can only get 1 week at a time off of work, so we can usually piggy back a couple of days off before and after to allow for travel/time adjustment. I just want to be sure it's feasible. We've done 11 days to Panama, but ship left and returned to FL so to fly time.

I think 1-2 days would be just fine! I’m sure you will have an amazing time!!

We did this cruise last August and it was fantastic! Spent 1 1/2 days pre-cruise in Barcelona. Flew in on a Friday night, arrived Saturday morning, were on the go all day until bedtime, then boarded Epic Sunday morning around 11:30. Flew back to NY when we debarked the following Sunday. Go for it!

I took this exact trip last year. It was my favorite cruise I ever took. I suggest doing the research and booking great tours in each port. In France, I took the Monaco and Montre Carlo tour and it was one of the highlights of my trip. Yes it's a busy cruise but each port is different and exciting.

I've enjoyed these ports multiple times, go every year, at least once. Headed there again, next month.

The 7 day Epic cruise, is a minimum I'm on power mode with my port activities and my preference. I find some people omitting- what they regret later. So, perhaps consider that. Time is "necessary" for my preferences.

As for lodging- being I go out every night, I like a busy area, and stay around La Ramblas, (however, never in the Ravel for me ). This allows me, to just take the airport bus, and walk to both my lodging and port bus. My cheap skate priorities. :) Even though I stay in a lot of Hostals- wrong assumptions are frequently made- I never do any "shared" lodging- always having my own room, locked door, bathroom. What "hostal" usually means is a 1 floor walk up. But the savings can be significant for some superb locations. Smart packing and being able to manage luggage is essential, and beneficial with my style of traveling.