wait list or MTD question

jon46

I booked a New Years cruise on Anthem of the seas this coming December. My Travel Agent put us on MTD. My wife likes traditional dinning. she is a diabetic and needs to eat at 5:30 or 6PM. The travel agent said there is no wait list. Last January there was a wait list and we ended up getting switched to Traditional dinning, On Grandeur of the seas. If we have to do MTD so be it. But if something opens up that would be good and we could get switched. So wait list or not?

You'll be fine. We've done both on the Anthem. At that time (5:30-6)), you will either get in the traditional line or the standby line and you will be seated with very little to no wait. It seems to bottleneck later - 6:30 to 8ish.

On the bigger ships, we actually prefer MTD. It is easier to schedule around shows (especially if the shows get reschedule due to rough seas). You can always make reservations at 5:30 each night, and you can request that you have the same waiters serve you. Then, if you need to change times, you can just walk in at a later time.

Book your shows early in the cruise. The Spectra show seemed to cancel more than others.

For the earlier times in MTD, you won't have any wait. It's the 7pm timeslot that gets backed up. No worries! But, if you enjoy tablemates, then go to the dining room on boarding day and request traditional early seating. We like tablemates, so that's our choice!

Do you make reservations or just show up?

We've done both. On days when we had a late excursion, we would just show up since we didn't know when we'd be ready for dinner. Other days, we'd make a reservation and have been able to request the same waitstaff if we liked them.

This is what has been working for me: rcldining@rccl.com. A bit confusing because the first part uses rcl and the second part uses rccl.

My first reply didn't go through.

The dining email worked well for our Oct. 7th cruise. I explained my husband is a diabetic and received confirmed early seating a few days later.

As always, you give great advice.