Cruise Critic Community
ranchette

Tropicante Beach

Does anyone know if Tropicante is close to Blue Key? Our group was planning to go there for awhile so wondering if we could stop at both places.

Does anyone know if Tropicante is close to Blue Key? Our group was planning to go there for awhile so wondering if we could stop at both places.

10mins (0.5miles) according to Google maps.

We walked the whole length of malecon,from far south beyond paved area, to Blue Kay without any problems. Depends on mobility of your group.

Thanks!

No problem! I would say Tropicante is right in the middle of the length of the malecón.

How bad are the vendors at Tropicante, is there staff to deter the vendors?

I've been there a few times. I'd say it's kind of so-so on the vendors. You'll be asked plenty of times to buy trinkets, fake cuban cigars, etc. However after a while, after you've told the same people "no thankyou" several times successively they'll finally give up and quit asking you again each time they walk by. I never noticed any Tropicante staff trying to deter vendors.

I've been there a few times. I'd say it's kind of so-so on the vendors. You'll be asked plenty of times to buy trinkets, fake cuban cigars, etc. However after a while, after you've told the same people "no thankyou" several times successively they'll finally give up and quit asking you again each time they walk by. I never noticed any Tropicante staff trying to deter vendors.

Thanks much

Just a word of warning to those heading to Tropicante the first time: The place right next door (on left if facing the buildings), El Faro is one of the worst places to go, and they will attempt to entice you into their loungers saying they are connected or same owners--NOT TRUE. So always head inside the white faced building with the blue Tropicante painted on it to let them know you are here. Steve does NOT hire "jaladores" to hawk business.

Just a word of warning to those heading to Tropicante the first time: The place right next door (on left if facing the buildings), El Faro is one of the worst places to go, and they will attempt to entice you into their loungers saying they are connected or same owners--NOT TRUE. So always head inside the white faced building with the blue Tropicante painted on it to let them know you are here. Steve does NOT hire "jaladores" to hawk business.

Facing the buildings from the street or beach? We have never been there and are thinking of trying it.

Facing the buildings from the street or beach? We have never been there and are thinking of trying it.

The format is buildings, street, beach so it would be the same whether you were standing on the street or the beach. i.e. the”Street” (pedestrian-only malecón) runs between the beach and the buildings. HTH!

Does anyone know if you can still get massages on the beach here? We were there about 5 years ago and you could.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going there with a fairly large family group. Don’t want to get bait and switched by some other place.

Question

We had planed on going here on Christmas Day when our ship docked.

BUT Just found out that they will be closed. :loudcry:

So I'm looking for recommendations that will be open on December 25th for a party of 5.

I have a feeling that a lot of places will be closed that day.

Question

We had planed on going here on Christmas Day when our ship docked.

BUT Just found out that they will be closed. :loudcry:

So I'm looking for recommendations that will be open on December 25th for a party of 5.

I have a feeling that a lot of places will be closed that day.

Perhaps this thread will help?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2649408&highlight=Christmas

Apparently Maya Chan will be open but I am sure will book up quickly.

The format is buildings, street, beach so it would be the same whether you were standing on the street or the beach. i.e. the”Street” (pedestrian-only malecón) runs between the beach and the buildings. HTH!

Seriously?

If something is on your left in one direction, it will be on your right from the opposite direction

Seriously?

If something is on your left in one direction, it will be on your right from the opposite direction

The quote I was answering was:

Therefore, facing the buildings, El Faro will be on the same side of Tropicante whether you are looking from the beach or the street. I stand by my description.

Not sure if you are confusing with walking along the street.

What is the cost for chair rentals?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No cost to use the chairs. They do expect you to purchase food and/or drinks.:)

No cost to use the chairs. They do expect you to purchase food and/or drinks.:)

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums