Project Runway?

BlueHerons

• 2 months later...

Nice. I’m excited for the updates and the changes! PR has needed a bit of an overhaul for a while and this all looks easy on the eyes! I’ll enjoy watching these sets. I like the format of PR, I think it is strong enough to survive. I happen to like Christian and while anyone would be thrilled to have a chance to interact with Tim Gunn, the designers may appreciate Christian for different reasons that are just as valid.

from the little blurb videos...not sure what I think about the new host. I liked how quirky Heidi could be and how consistent she could be about opinions (bosoms must look as fabulous as possible for instance) but I am ready to hear more POVs. Why I would watch All Stars even though Marissa made me nuts. From the short, the new model/host is at least better dressed...though  Heidi has been known to have weird outfits too.

i haven’t heard much about Tim and Heidi’s new show...but have Prime and am eagerly anticipating hearing about that too.

I didn't know Tim and Heidi would have a new show! I'll keep an eye open for it.

I'm watching All-Stars right now. They didn't eliminate anyone the first week. Second week the elimination was more a technicality (not following instructions).

BTW, Christian Siriano dressed three ladies for the Golden Globes: Octavia Spencer, Connie Britton, and Alison Janney. I suspect contestants will appreciate the fact that he is a working designer.

I didn't realize All Stars was on! I'll have to look for it. I always watch in arrears because I stream it the following day.

Here's a blurb I found about Tim and Heidi's new show. Apparently they have sent out a casting call and are asking for submissions:

https://people.com/style/heidi-klum-and-tim-gunn-new-fashion-series-amazon-prime-video/

Hi all!

I didn't know All Stars was on either so watched episodes 2 & 3 last night.

Alyssa is looking great this season. Nice to see some old faces back & looking different/older,  & new faces from different countries.

There were some nice garments last night on the unconventional challenge. Too bad our Canadian guy couldn't follow instructions!!:classic_sad:

Looking forward to this season.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

SeaBunny ~ yikes, most of those designs are hideous!! Haven't seen anything quite that bad on PR.

I don't know why they keep that guy who did the green thing, I thought he should have gone home.

Oh well, what do I know about fashion?!!

Until next week have a good one!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 1 month later...

I have been watching All Stars. I've been very impressed with Milano's clothes this season...in the past I've found her very distracting with the unflattering clothing she regularly wore. I've been enjoying learning about and seeing the designers from around the world...and seeing many of the designers that I enjoyed watching in the past. It's fun to see them all together in one season. And I think the clothes have generally been really good.

And I just finished streaming the first episode of Project Runway! The revamped, back on Bravo premiere for Season 17.

I don't want to talk about it too much and risk spoilers. I will say that I appreciated the way that they introduced the new designers and gave us a chance to see their work. In the past, they've had that Road to the Runway episode...and they didn't have that, but there was a bit of an introduction to each of the designer's aesthetic. I liked it.

Because of the nature of the first challenge, there was more interaction between the judges and the designers in this episode. It helped to give insight to the new judges. I know Nina...but everyone else is new to me. I like that.

The new design studio is FABULOUS. I would love to have a work space like that. Not only is it a great space in it's design...it seems so large. So much room for the designers to work.

The models are all shapes and sizes again...and I appreciated that.

I have more to say but I feel like it's more along the lines of discussion with others that have watched the show...so, again to not risk spoilers, I'll end my post here. Hoping there is more discussion though...

Hi all!

Anita Latte ~ I was just coming on the thread to see if anybody else was watching & here you are!

What a nice description of the new season. I think I'm really going to like it, unfamiliar as it is, with only Nina & Christian who I've ever seen before. I like the way the designers were so supportive of the one who had trouble.

Those sure are some different sized models!!

Looking forward to next week & more discussion here.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I miss Tim, too! Christian seems boring in comparison - big shoes to fill!! But it’s early in the season - perhaps he’ll grow on me! I can’t say I “miss” Heidi, exactly, but so far I’m not enthusiastic about Karlie Kloss - something artificial/superficial about her.. But again, time will tell. 

I do miss Tim. I've been streaming the older seasons through the Lifetime app. I think it starts with Season 11? I agree about Kloss...watching her speech as she was introducing the concept of the runway show with looks from each designer to kick off the show and talking about first impressions...I was thinking that she was also making a first impression and she was a little too bubbly and hand wavy for me. The animation seemed a bit forced and I wanted her to chill out a bit. I remember Christian having more personality...so I'm hoping he is just reigning it in so as to not look like he's trying to steal the lime light. I did notice that we didn't get to see too many critiques...and that's where the mentor personality really becomes apparent...the rest is all scripted, so maybe as the scripts become more second nature and the designers get fewer in number, we'll get more Christian personality. Fingers crossed.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:17 PM, Anita Latte said:

I do miss Tim. I've been streaming the older seasons through the Lifetime app. I think it starts with Season 11? I agree about Kloss...watching her speech as she was introducing the concept of the runway show with looks from each designer to kick off the show and talking about first impressions...I was thinking that she was also making a first impression and she was a little too bubbly and hand wavy for me. The animation seemed a bit forced and I wanted her to chill out a bit. I remember Christian having more personality...so I'm hoping he is just reigning it in so as to not look like he's trying to steal the lime light. I did notice that we didn't get to see too many critiques...and that's where the mentor personality really becomes apparent...the rest is all scripted, so maybe as the scripts become more second nature and the designers get fewer in number, we'll get more Christian personality. Fingers crossed.

I haven't watched the second episode yet but I, too, noticed we only saw (I think) two critiques by Christian. Figure that's due to the big introduction process in the first episode. I was very excited by Christian's inclusion as he IS a designer as opposed to a dean/educator. Gunn had great mentoring skills but in the last few seasons his recommendations were often at odds with what the judges liked. Christian is more tightly involved. Did notice they said about Christian, "He'll be your mentor this season." Hmmm...

Thrilled about the diversity in the models. Love the new workroom.

BTW, I read somewhere (here?) the Tim and Heidi are doing some sort of PR variation for another network (Amazon? Netflix?).

Hi all!

Well, last night was the finale of All Stars! What a funny season it's been, no visits to their homes to see the collections that they only had a couple of weeks to do!

Just Googled to find out the hostess' first name (Alyssa) & see this is the final season for All Stars.

Oh well, at least we have the new season of PR to watch. I thought her dress last night too revealing at the bust, anybody else think so?

See you later.

~ Jo ~ 😊

6 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Well, last night was the finale of All Stars! What a funny season it's been, no visits to their homes to see the collections that they only had a couple of weeks to do!

Just Googled to find out the hostess' first name (Alyssa) & see this is the final season for All Stars.

Oh well, at least we have the new season of PR to watch. I thought her dress last night too revealing at the bust, anybody else think so?

See you later.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Yes,her dress was very distracting. I kept looking to see if anything was peeking out. And that last dress shown by the one designer was way to revealing to my taste. Too naked looking. But I enjoy watching these shows.

Laura

I totally agree with the above assessments of Alyssa's dress. I think that since she appeared on a previous season hugely pregnant and has now lost a good bit of her pregnancy weight, she wants to show off the best parts of her new body.  IMO, however, that dress looked like lingerie and would have been much better kept for her husband to enjoy at home.

Look back at postings for previous seasons of All Stars and you'll read a lot of less-than-flattering comments on what was generally considered Alyssa's less-than-flattering wardrobe!

I thought it was ironic to see Alyssa in less than flattering clothes in a show devoted to fashion. She did look better this season, except for the last show.

IMHO, the four final designers each did a great job, each strongly expressing his/her point of view. Michelle did step it up -- during the season I thought she had some pretty bad designs. I was happy to see Mondo again, and Nina and Isaac can be hilarious. PR is the only "reality" show I watch.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, retiring soon said:

They didn't return home to work on their collections; I believe they had like 5 days and they stayed in NY.

I loved all four collections (all stars)and was really happy with the winner. Dimitri's comment afterwards was rather snippy, but as my DH pointed out, he might have talked for 30 minutes and they pulled the most unflattering quote.

I'm still an episode behind on PR back on Bravo. But there was a super WOW dress in the second episode. So glad it won but what is amazing is that he did so much more for his team. A real whiz!