Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Read the final credits. The judges are not the only ones making decisions about who goes and who stays. The producers have input into the choice. Santino is a jerk - doesn't listen - doesn't "play well with others" and has a foul mouth. All of this adds up to tension and good telivision - and ratings. He has kept all of us talking dispite his hideous clothes.

I was just about to post this. It is so obvious that the producers realize he makes good TV and are keeping him around in spite of the judges' views.

It is obvious - the fact that Santino is kept around to make "interesting TV."

But, I really do think he has potential. His dress for Nikki Hilton was lovely (not for me perhaps, but for someone else).

Remember last year? I didn't know anyone who liked Wendy Pepper - boring, frumpy .... But her runway show really did surprise me. Not bad at all.

Perhaps Santino will do the same?

I've seen Santino's runway collection already, and I was very surprised, they were quite nice, very toned down from the things we've seen during the show.

Daniel's was also very nice, nothing dramatic, very safe looking.

Chole's as usual was wonderful.

I'm looking forward to the reunion show tonight!

Not at all shocked on the final 3.

I agree...Santino's final collection was not what he usually did on the show (I suspect those others were for shock value more than anything else).

Daniel's and Chloe's collections were pretty predictable IMO.

Santino's dress from the last episode was at least different and interesting. Really can't believe Kara made it that far.

Didn't watch yesterday's show yet. I'll try to watch it tonight. Should be fun!

~e

I went online and found their collections!

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion/fashionshows/2006/fall/main/newyork/womenrunway/danielvosovic/#

you can pick the other two, and Kara for whatever reason, by the drop down box on the upper right that says 'more collections'

I think Santino will win.

Maybe Daniel was trying to appeal to the Banana execs or something, but I didn't think his collection was cohesive.

Chloe's collection bored me. I didn't see a point of view. I like Chloe too.

Santino's collection was everything his earlier designs on the show were not. Contrary to Nina's regular critique, that he doesn't seem to 'like' women, he made those models look stunning.

The colors he used were 'spot on' with the whole neutral trend, and I absolutely loved the last dress.

I really loved Daniel's aesthetic during the show, but he missed the mark for me.

Thanks for the link. Interesting to see what they did.

Is it me or did Kara's collection look mismatched? And what was it that each of her models were wearing on their heads?

Daniel, Chloe and Santino all did a nice job but I think that Daniel's was very "commercial".

Didn't watch the show last night but will catch up on the rerun this weekend.

Julia

I watched the "Reunion" show last night. They had lots of clips that they showed to the group. Apparently, the individual interviews with the designers weren't shared with the others until they saw them on TV. There were lots of hurt feelings from the nasty things Santino had been saying the entire series.

Chloe is still upset about the "pattern making"

After the Reunion show I watched Project Jay. He is having so many problems and just cannot seem to get going and productive as a "success." I cannot believe that after all his work Heidi did not wear his dress on the red carpet... at the last minute no less.

I caught that show too. I'm not sure about him. He seems to have an interesting eye, and is a great sketch artist, but he doesn't seem to have much in the way of actual sewing skills.

I have a feeling the whole 'Heidi wearing his dress' was a giant set up on him. Not that he knew she'd pull out..... Made for good drama.

I hope he can get his 'act' together for the sake of credibility for Project Runway. I didn't watch last season, but I'm getting the impression this seasons team has more technical expertise. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

The reunion show was interesting to see. Yet again, shows how the manipulate things - let's see how much emotion we can pull when we put people on the spot. Typical. And we all lapped it right up!

Did anyone catch the clip from the ousted Daniel, when he said I love you Heidi, .... silence... did you see his face fall? I wonder if there really was silence or if that's just editing?

The collections, Eh. That's about it. I didn't think any of them were anything great at all. One or two pieces here and there are nice but I don't think any of them, as a collection, are consistent or well done. Just my tiny little opinion.

They did elude to some kind of a one final suprise for next week and I wonder if that one final surprise is bringing Kara back?? I am wondering how her stuff got on there??

Project Jay,,, honestly, I don't know how he will manage. I felt so bad for him over the Heidi dress deal but welcome to the big leagues. For all the fancy events they all have several dress options and it can be anyone's guess what they will end up wearing. You hear time and time again that many don't decide until the last minute or even give in to a last minute change of heart and suddenly switch.

I hate the fact that it can be dress by committee!! Heidi's the one that give the specifics to Jay while it was her publicist and stylist, I think that's what they said, that vetoed the red hot mama in favor for a flowing Mother Earth image. Why didn't she consult them to begin with if they were going to be deciding what she'd wear? I think this little incident tarnished Heidi's aura a bit. That surprised me. Though she called to apologize after the fact, why didn't she call to tell him to begin with??

Poor Jay. I guess it will be another adventure seeing how he'll make out in the big city!

Saw the reunion show and what a waste of time. No real value add to the overall show content.

They could have waited till the very end of the series to do a "what are they doing now" type of interview with each of the contestants, ie one-on-one and show some of the work they are doing now (if they are doing anything) rather than hearing them tear down each other again.

joining you late...

I LOVE this show. I watched it last season, too. I don't know anyone else who watches it.

I think last season had more talented designers...just my opinion. None of these people really blow me away. I cannot believe Nick got the boot. That's just ridiculous. I think Santino should've gone. At first, I thought he was amazing, but, now, after that jumpsuit fiasco.....

And, does anyone else think the editing on this show is just terrible? I mean, the judges say something, and then they cut to the designers, and you can just tell that they are mismatching clips. It's so obnoxious. It's like they're trying to make it better, when in fact, it just comes out really strange. Am I the only one who notices that?

Also, I agree with the pp who said the reunion show was a waste of time. It didn't interest me at all. I haven't seen anyone's collections yet, so, I'm pretty excited about the finale! Did you guys know it's a 2-parter?

So, what is this Project Jay all about? Is it a series, or was it just a one time thing?

Heather

I LOVE this show and personally enjoyed the reunion - esp. when they showed Santino's impression of Tim Gunn...that will never stop cracking me up! I can't stand Santino as a person, but that was just too funny.

Did anyone catch the clip from the ousted Daniel, when he said I love you Heidi, .... silence... did you see his face fall? I wonder if there really was silence or if that's just editing?

:eek: That had to be the most awkward clip in the whole show. I was forcing my bf to watch it with me and he even said that it was horrible. We agreed that the editors must have had a field day with that part. Something along the lines of "Whoa...Daniel Franco is really creepy here. Let's keep it in!"

I was thinking that they were setting it up for Danny Franko to compete in series 3. At least that is what it sounded like to me :confused:

Santino does do a strikingly good impression of Tim Gunn. If I were Kara and had to make him over I would have made sure he had a bath (de-parasited), clean shaven, and buzz cut. Then put him in a 3 piece suit with hard soled shoes and a necktie and that MAYBE would make up for that awful jumpsuit he made her wear :eek:

Project Jay was a single episode show but he is making such a mess of things I wouldn't be surprised to see a follow up show on Jay.

I LOVE this show and personally enjoyed the reunion - esp. when they showed Santino's impression of Tim Gunn...that will never stop cracking me up! I can't stand Santino as a person, but that was just too funny.

That was my fave part of the reunion show. Just couldn't stop laughing! The rest of it was pretty predictable.

~e

Oh, the other part about the reunion show I thought was so funny...when the one girl, Zamara??, stole Nick's model. She said it was b/c her old model couldn't walk. They asked the old model about it and she said she wasn't a good designer to work with. She said at one point Zamara(?) asked her if she could glue something to her skin and she said, "Well, I'm kind of like, a real person."

I don't know...that cracked me up.

I had forgotten about that! I couldn't stand Zulema. I would take Santino over her any day. She was so rude and selfish. I felt bad for her model. And what was that about her alternate personality????

What about Guadalupe? What was she on? That speech she made was really out there. Loved Tim's response.

~e

What about Guadalupe? What was she on? That speech she made was really out there. Loved Tim's response.

She was completely wasted!! Just the complete incoherency in her sentence construction was ridiculous - not to mention her random head nods and gestures in the background of the full shots during the show.

While it was humerous to listen to her babble...I still don't get why ppl let themselves get that drunk...especially when taping a show for national television!! Oh, the questions of life! :rolleyes:

If I were Kara and had to make him over I would have made sure he had a bath (de-parasited), clean shaven, and buzz cut. Then put him in a 3 piece suit with hard soled shoes and a necktie and that MAYBE would make up for that awful jumpsuit he made her wear :eek:QUOTE]

I love the de-parasite idea.... or maybe a flea dip. What about putting Santino in that jumpsuit? See what happens to the seams then!

Beth

WOW!! Are they trying to work up some sympathy for Santino ????? Now we should all feel sorry for him :mad: the potty mouth.

I think that Danny V. bringing Tim Gunn shopping to look for a jacket was lame. Then all he did was complain that Tim didn't have great things to say about his collection. He should that as a warning signal and get back to work. :rolleyes:

Chloe has the most interesting family. They are closely knit but 7 (Yes 7) sisters :eek:

I guess the producers felt that Santino was too much like Amarosa of Apprentice fame and they want to put a nicer side of him to the viewers.

Does this indicate that he is going to be the winner????

I have thought all along that they have Santino pegged to be the winner. He was AWFUL so many times, and they always cut away from the judges' conversations making you think he was going to be out, yet they always ended up cutting someone else.

I watched last night, thinking it was going to be the final show...........now we have to wait another week?!

BTW, I followed the link someone posted above to see the collections. Does anyone know why Kara has a collection? I expected that to be a "surprise" last night - Tim would come in and say they decided to let Kara do a collection too. Anybody have the scoop??

Because the event of New York Fashion Week occured prior to the airing of the episode that was the cut from the final 4 to the final 3, all final 4 contestants show at NYFW.

This is to try to prevent spoilers leaking out about who the actual final 3 are.

They did this last year with Austin Scarlett as well, but he didn't get as much time as the final 3, because apparently it didn't occur to the execs at Bravo that there would be a timing issue until about 6 weeks prior to NYFW.

As someone new to these boards, but a PR watcher since the beginning- I'd like to have Daniel V win, as he's been the most consistant throughout the competition. Which means that I'm completely wrong and Santino will probably win- since that's who I'd least like to be the winner.

Yeah, Valerie, I agree with you about D winning, but Santino will probably win. I firmly believe that's been the plan since the beginning, and they definitely did (try to) put a good spin on him with their home story feature. I kept wondering if he used his typical bad language around his friends' little girls. The garments that he came up with for his collection were not nearly as crazy and over-embellished as the ones he has done all along thru the competition, which made me think that all that was done for the sake of the show and making it look like he wasn't the predetermined winner. THat's all speculation on my part, of course, but I have just thought that whole thing was weird.

""""all that was done for the sake of the show and making it look like he wasn't the predetermined winner."""""

I never even thought of that :cool: but it does make some sort of twisted sense to me when I think about it.

What did you think of Danny V. and what he was saying about Tim Gunn not going WILD over his collection. Do you think the producers are trying convince us that Danny V. doesn't have a chance?

I wouldn't mind if Chloe won. Her designs have always been nice and she has come close to winning many times. She seems the be the most "normal" of the trio.

Am I the only one who is wondering why in the world Chloe would choose Diana as a helper? Diana??????? I don't get it!

I'm looking forward to seeing the collections, but if it was like last year, I'm sure the collection and designer I dislike the most is the one that will win.

I wonder why Jay turned down the money, etc. from his prize. Doesn't seem like he's doing too well. I guess he didn't want to be locked in to Banana Republic.