Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Yes, Tim's reaction to Daniel's collection was very odd, and Daniel also acted so insecure about it.......he's never seemed that insecure before? I wondered about the Diana selection too. Duh! Chloe's reaction to the last minute surprise (making another outfit) convinced me that she doesn't really, really WANT this. I know that had been brought toward the end of the show, and I think mentally she is done with it.

Yea Diana was a surprise to me as well. I knew the first person to be picked would be Nick, I even yell at the TV, pick Nick!

I figured all three would have picked him first, Daniel just got lucky.

I thought she might pick Emmett, but Diana can construct and sew pretty well, and her designs are different, maybe a little something different to finish out with.

I saw on Brave web site for the casting(designing) calls on PR3 is in two weeks.

I was surprised the Danny V. did not pick Adrian??? They did win a challenge together.

Diana?? I was sure whe would pick Kara, she at least can make patterns and sew. Or, at the very least Emmett. They seemed to work well together on the last challenge.

Was sure someone would pick Nick. He is very talented and should be there instead of Santino.

Maybe we should put our collective brains together and develop a cruisewear line and submit it to Project Runway :eek:

I think Santino saw himself on the previous shows and realized he's going to have a heck of a time getting clients or anyone to work with him if he didn't try to redeem himself. Even jerks realize they are jerks sometimes.

His collection is better than the others. I hate that giant pink thing that Chloe made. I think Daniel's just isn't up to what I expect from him.

Diana???? What was Chloe thinking??? I think poor Chloe is really feeling the pressure. An aside: her shop is closed for renovations until next Friday. There is so much that can be read into that...but I won't.

Daniel...I think he's really looking for validation from Tim and the lack of excitement from Tim really hurt him. He seems like a very soft hearted person.

DH has been watching it with me and since I've been sewing a lot lately he walks through my studio saying, "Where's Andrea?" "Carry on" and "Make it work"

I'm being haunted! LOL!

Til next episode...

~e

DH has been watching it with me and since I've been sewing a lot lately he walks through my studio saying, "Where's Andrea?" "Carry on" and "Make it work"

LOL I love it! I'm also working on sewing projects right now and I wear my "Where the h*ll is my chiffon?" t-shirt that I bought on-line.

You know what's really scary? Friday at work the song "Daniel Franco, Where'd you go" kept going through my head. I think I need help! You're the only people who know this, cause I knew you'd understand!

Anxiously awaiting Wed's runway show! Carry on!

Thanks a lot Silver Anniv!! :rolleyes: "Daniel Franco...Where did you go-o-o?" And I have a running picture of Nick singing it behind his sewing machine.

I, too, am a confessed Project Runway junkie. I don't think Wed. will be the same. The kitchen show they are trying to push just won't do it for me. And there is no Andrae...so I won't be watching.

I'm torn at who will win. They are trying to paint Santino as some rebirthed saint...and I'm not buying it. His collection is GORGEOUS though. I just can't bear to start liking him this late in the game.

LOL I love it! I'm also working on sewing projects right now and I wear my "Where the h*ll is my chiffon?" t-shirt that I bought on-line.

You know what's really scary? Friday at work the song "Daniel Franco, Where'd you go" kept going through my head. I think I need help! You're the only people who know this, cause I knew you'd understand!

Anxiously awaiting Wed's runway show! Carry on!

I love your shirt! That is too funny! DH said he thought chiffon was a type of pie and was wondering why they were looking for it. Silly man :)

Oh that song! As soon as I read your post it got stuck in my head! Thanks!!! Lol! ;)

I have this terrible feeling that Santino will win. I won't get to watch it until Thursday evening since I have mid-terms to study for...so I'll have to refrain from reading this thread.

~e

I'm so glad I'm not crazy, I'm totally hooked on this show and I'm a little scared, can't wait until Wednesdays! what to do after next wednesday....what will we do?:cool:

I watched the first season and loved it but didn't start watching the second season until DH got me started again. (had to play catch up) Now DH and I can't wait until tomorrow for the finale.

I think Santino's line is gorgeous but I find it questionable that they have cut the footage to show how plain Daniel's line appears to be. I wonder if this is supposed to throw us off.

Now to the question of what will we do next Wednesday? Well DH and I will be on our first cruise ever. 11 night on the Empress. I'm so exicted.

SORRY......

I'm so sorry twinkletoes & Msred, we'll be cursed by that song for a while. I watched the reunion & 1st finale shows again last night! you could be right curlyd, they are playing Daniel down, but Santino is getting alot of promoting (Regis&Kelly; VH1 Best Week Ever show) right now which makes me wonder.......

Looking forward to the show tonight, I can't wait to see the clothes in "action"

Lucky you curlyd to be on a cruise next week!!!! That's a good way to start mourning our lost of Project Runway. (until next year!!!!)

WOW!! The winner is Chloe.

Wonderful collection. I would love to wear her dresses.

Santino played it safe and his collection was nothing like what he had been doing on the show.

Danny V. also had beautiful collection but I didn't like the purses he designed. I don't think Tim liked them either.

Wasn't the final show great. Seeing all their designs going down the runway was just wonderful.

I'm not sure what everyone was talking about Diana for...she did a lot of work to pull Chloe's 13th outfit together. Did I miss something?

I have to say I thought they were going to give it to Daniel but I'm happy to see Chloe get the opportunity. She is talented. I keep thinking about the "flower dress" and how much detail and time she put into that outfit.

Santino did very much tone down his designs.

Daniel has a good sense of style but his not seeing the mistakes on his finishes was a bit odd. Did you catch his model tripping over her dress?

What happened there?

Ah, time to sign off on the Runway till next season....

Julia

Anyone but Santino won- so I'm really happy. Congratulations Chloe!

That said- I'm sooo annoyed at the judges! It was just what we've seen all season long- the judges say one thing, but mostly do another. (the lovely Debra Messing is excluded from this criticism)

Santino- all season long- it's too extreme, you never listen, it's not flattering, etc. And then in the final show he gets criticized for playing it safe!

Chloe- Why did you do all dresses?- that's not demonstrating versatility- and then she wins.

I liked both Daniel and Chloe, so am thrilled they were the final two, but I'm not sure if I'm coming back for next season. I've been a fan ever since the first show of the first season, so it's hard for me to say that I won't watch again. But the reason I loved this show in the beginning was it was about talent. I think there were too many decisions made this season that had everything to do with good tv, but not necessarily about who was the most talented for each challenge.

On the other hand- I don't know if I'm ready to let the fabulous Tim Gunn out of my life. ;)

I am so glad Chloe won. Her collection was gorgeous and she's been consistantly a good designer. I'm especially glad Santino didn't win...never liked anything he did anyway and can't stand his filthy mouth...even when introducing his own mom. Now I'm going to go through my Project Runway withdrawals. Just LOVE that show!!!

I'm glad that Chloe won. Her dresses were really beautiful. And that blue/teal colored fabric on the last dress that Grace wore....

I was really underwhelmed with the others. While Daniel V. makes wonderful, sophisticated clothing...he still has plenty of time to carve a name for himself in the fashion industry. And Michael Kors basically told him that he would hire him.

Santino's collection was....well....ok. I was in love with the dress that they showed on the first part of the finale. But that all changed after everything was down the runway...he really has no idea to dress a female in a way that actual fits! I'm glad he didn't win bc I would then have to swear off season 3.

I'm thinking that the withdrawl from this show may be pretty bad...but I'm just gonna have to deal with it. I may have to record Tim Gunn impressions and play them when I get sad.

But alas...I'll "carry on"! :D

I didn't catch last night's episode, but did go over to the website and took a look at everything, and read Tim's Take. I was surprised: I really liked all Daniel's stuff throughout the series, but like his final collection the least. On the pictures of the models you could tell some of that stuff just didn't fit.

Chloe was a big surprise to me: I can't remember a single design from the other episodes, but I liked her collection most of all.

I haven't gone over to see what Tim has to say as yet. Will do that soon.

For one of the Challenges it would be nice for them to design some evening wear or sportswear or dress or bathing suit for a plus sized woman instead of all the twiggy thin tall models. That would be a test their true talents. The one stipulation is that it could not be black in color.

How about some nice cruisewear day into evening outfits?

I have lots of ideas.

My favorite was Daniel but I am glad that Chloe won. Am sure we will hear about Daniel very soon. Maybe he will take Michael Kors up on the job offer ;)

I have never liked Santinos outfits (remember the lingerie :eek: ) but I did like a couple of the dresses he showed on the runway.

Santino designed for himself. Though an original, every show he was told the same thing...he didn't design with women in mind. Take away the frills and embellishments and you have uncomfortable ill-fitting garments. I think he was an Amorosa. I didn't even watch The Apprentice and I know who she is. He was the guy you love to hate and brought viewers to the show.

Chloe or Daniel winning was fine with me. I thought Nick got the shaft.

Cruise,

I agree with you. Santino gave some good unusual dresses during the season, but his final collection was short of his talent. I got to see the show twice because it was on Wed at 10 pm and again on Thursday at 5pm. You see things you missed the first time. If the judges got to hear what Santino said about fashion when they made their final decision then it's no wonder he came in third. I think he needs to keep his big mouth shut and just design. Chloe was the one I was pulling for, but I really didn't think she'd get it. After watching the second time, I think it was that she promoted herself as a business person that made her the winner. I was glad that Michael Kors offered Daniel a job. He is young and talented and on his way. I agree that Nick should have been in there. Why should they narrow down to only 3? I think a final 5 would be more interesting. For a tv show this is kinda low budget. Most of the shows they are given $200 to buy fabric. At then end they are given $8,000. For a show, that really isn't much.

So disappointed Daniel didn't win! (Although I think he probably ended up with the best deal of all.......not having the pressure of being the winner, but he will have plenty of job offers.) Chloe's designs were, to me, very plain and all made of shiny fabric - and all the same, not showing much versatility. The judges talked about where she placed her seams, etc, and that was really true - the dresses fit very, very well. But what about fitting the average American woman? I don't know. Daniels collection was more well-rounded in that regard.

Anyway, didn't you just want to SMACK Santino for introducing his mother that way???? That poor woman - how humiliating! First she has to watch him make an ass of himself every week by making vulgar, snide remarks, then he does that at the show! Idiot! I just wanted to cry for her!

I thought that without the details - the silver buttons, etc. - Daniel's collection wasn't really that special. Nor was it terribly original, though I did like it. No doubt Daniel will be successful.

I didn't care for Chloe's shrugs - esp. the poofy-sleeved pink one. But I loved some of her other pieces - the dark blue and maroon/burgandy ones were great. Glad she won. Very talented, can handle the pressure better than younger Daniel I think.

Santino's collection was quite beautiful, but not "him." Perhaps he tried to dumb it down just to win? He is broke. Really liked his affection for his mom, though. Made him more of a real person than a character created by the show/producers.

Also wished we could've seen a collection by Nick.

Kind of sad, however, that Grace was the model that "won." She didn't seem to have as good a walk or as strong a look as Santino's or Daniel's models, IMHO.