Set sail/Sea pass question

I was reading the second page of the Set Sail print out....which I normally never read. I noticed that “Each guest must have a Set Sail Pass” to present”. This is new! It also says that “Your SeaPass Card will be placed outside your stateroom door in a sealed envelope with your name on it.” What? Anyone can take your envelope and use your card? When did these changes happen?

We have been on over 30 cruises.....our last in Nov-Dec and never have had the above happen before. Is this new? Anyone cruised in the last month or so that can answer?

I was reading the second page of the Set Sail print out....which I normally never read. I noticed that “Each guest must have a Set Sail Pass” to present”. This is new! It also says that “Your SeaPass Card will be placed outside your stateroom door in a sealed envelope with your name on it.” What? Anyone can take your envelope and use your card? When did these changes happen?

We have been on over 30 cruises.....our last in Nov-Dec and never have had the above happen before. Is this new? Anyone cruised in the last month or so that can answer?

This way of distributing SeaPass cards started with Quantum years ago and is being extended to other ships.

. I noticed that “Each guest must have a Set Sail Pass” to present”. This is new!

I doubt that.

Others more informed will chime in, but I think leaving seapass at the room is only for a limited number of ships. At least for now.

... Each guest must have a Set Sail Pass” to present”. ...

This is because guests have no SeaPass card until their staterooms open, so the bar code on the SetSail pass is scanned to confirm identity, make purchases, etc.

Seems to me that anyone could take your card, if it’s outside your door, and use it. Regardless, I’m more concerned about Set Sail Passes. Instructions say that each person needs one but only one prints out with one passenger name....as has been the case for a while.

Seems to me that anyone could take your card, if it’s outside your door, and use it. Regardless, I’m more concerned about Set Sail Passes. Instructions say that each person needs one but only one prints out with one passenger name....as has been the case for a while.

There should be a print button with each persons name on the screen where you printed the one set sail pass.

It could be that the ship you are on does not yet use the separate SetSail passes and you were notified about that in error. Royal's website has been really messed up (more than usual) lately.

Highly unlikely with all the security measures onboard the ship. This is a very confined area with all individuals onboard easily and quickly identified.

Even if one was stupid enough to try doing this intentionally that card would be soon cancelled once its owner/passenger went to GS to follow up on where their card was as they wouldn't be able to get into their cabin. Then the search would be on for the culprit if they had been able to somehow use the stolen card.

I just printed out our Set Sail for our upcoming Anthem cruise and there was a print button for each of four passengers in our two cabins. If this is the same for you must click on each one to print the individual Set Sail Passes

Doesn't the owner of the set sail pass have their picture associated with it? I have not yet sailed on RC, but on Carnival, when the staff member scanned card, the persons picture would pop up on their screen for identity confirmation.

Highly unlikely with all the security measures onboard the ship. This is a very confined area with all individuals onboard easily and quickly identified.

Even if one was stupid enough to try doing this intentionally that card would be soon cancelled once its owner/passenger went to GS to follow up on where their card was as they wouldn't be able to get into their cabin. Then the search would be on for the culprit if they had been able to somehow use the stolen card.

I just printed out our Set Sail for our upcoming Anthem cruise and there was a print button for each of four passengers in our two cabins. If this is the same for you must click on each one to print the individual Set Sail Passes

Hmmmm..........only have option to print the Set Sail Pass....only one.

That probably means that Serenade is still doing things the old way.

I just checked the set sail pass that I printed for our upcoming Radiance cruise and it does not have the statement that the OP is seeing on her set sail pass. Both my name and my DH's name are on the set sail pass. Radiance is still doing things the old way. The information the OP is saying is what I have seen on cruises doing it the new way.

I just checked the set sail pass that I printed for our upcoming Radiance cruise and it does not have the statement that the OP is seeing on her set sail pass. Both my name and my DH's name are on the set sail pass. Radiance is still doing things the old way. The information the OP is saying is what I have seen on cruises doing it the new way.

Maybe, but she said that she only has the ability to print the one set sail pass. She, however, didn't mention if that one has all their names on it or not.

Maybe, but she said that she only has the ability to print the one set sail pass. She, however, didn't mention if that one has all their names on it or not.

Yes, I saw that too. I wonder if she has gone back to where the buttons are and verified both people have all green checkmarks so they would be able to print. I know some in the past haven't noticed the second button since they are used to seeing only one.

Ironic thing is that's that way was 30 yrs ago on Royal When Sovereign/Majesty class came out. Go to your room, door is propped open and card was in room in slot. This is nothing new just something returning to...

Ironic thing is that's that way was 30 yrs ago on Royal When Sovereign/Majesty class came out. Go to your room, door is propped open and card was in room in slot. This is nothing new just something returning to...

No it is a bit different. The card is in a sealed envelope outside of the cabin so someone cannot tamper with your card without you knowing it was messes with and they can't just walk in a check out a cabin that has the door propped open. But, yes, I understand your point that the concept is the same.

Our last two cruises on the Allure and Anthem did it this way. Yes, thousands of cards sitting in the mail slots on doors. Yes, everyone has a printed paper ticket which gets continually checked to ensure you checked-in before you get to the gangway (when you check-in, they stamp your paper pass).

Good to know all of this. Just very different from our cruise just a few months ago, as well as the other 30ish we’ve been on. Also, relatives we’re traveling with returned from a Feb.-Mar cruise and this was all Greek to them. I have no problems with the changes, just wish there would have been a “heads up”......that there were a few changes. I called RCCL yesterday and was told that all was the same...only one Set Sail Pass per stateroom and SeaPass Card as normal. Keep in mind when I did my on board check-in a few weeks ago, there was only the option for printing the ONE Set Sail Pass. I decided to go back to the on board check-in and there it was.....TWO Set Sail Passes. Someone needs to tell their people what is happening and if changes occur to the check in AFTER you’re allowed to complete everything is, it would be nice to be informed.

We’re all set and looking forward to 11 days in the Southern Caribbean. Appreciate your feedback.